Thread: Ray to retire?

Blog Entries

Ray to retire?

Apparently, Oz and Co. want to buy out his contract. Ray himself has laughed it off...I think Ray will leave when Ray wants to leave. While anyone would say he's slowed down, he certainly can hang on any current NFL roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ewis-contract/

Re: Ray to retire?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Apparently, Oz and Co. want to buy out his contract. Ray himself has laughed it off...I think Ray will leave when Ray wants to leave. While anyone would say he's slowed down, he certainly can hang on any current NFL roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ewis-contract/

Sounds like there's nothing to worry about, really.

I sure hope not, even though he's slowed down, he's a leader, and still good on the field.

This is one of those things Preston excels at.

Manufacture the rumor so he can then be the lone source saying it isnt true.

Move one, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Move one, nothing to see here.
    Move one?:D

Ray's still a force on the field. A playmaker and an unrivaled leader of men.

Somebody must've spiked one of Mikey's doughnuts last night.

Why would the Ravens give him a long-term deal (7 years I believe) last year so that he will be guaranteed to retire a Raven and then offer to buy it out a year later? It's not like there is someone better on the bench waiting to take his spot.

In other news Ozzie is working on a trade to send Ngata to the Raiders in an even exchange for Kyle Boller.
    Boh

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    In other news Ozzie is working on a trade to send Ngata to the Raiders in an even exchange for Kyle Boller.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

This feels like one of those "rumors" that spawns from speculation and never have any base. Two fans get together to chat.

Fan 1 - "So, another disappointing end to the season. Did you see how disappointed the defense looked at the end of that game?"

Fan 2 - "Yeah. Lewis is getting pretty old, too."

F1 - "Yep. Gotta wonder if he'll retire soon."

F2 - "Could even be this off-season. Maybe he's really just pissed at the offense."

F1 - "Makes sense. He can prolly only take so much. Maybe he wants to go out on a semi-high note, not put his body through it anymore."

F2 - "Could anyone blame him? I mean, I didn't think about it much, but it makes sense that he retires now."

Then F2 goes out and talks to another buddy.

F2 - "I think Lewis might retire."

F3 - "Oh really?"

F2 - "Yeah. Think about it. [lists reasons]"

Later, F3 talks with F4...

F3 - "Heard Ray Lewis may retire this off-season."

F4 - "Wha-wha-whaaaaaaaa?"

Voila, a rumor is born!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Rumor or not, there are two truths I know...

1. Ray Lewis is going to retire on his own terms, if he wants to stay, he's staying

2. If Ray Lewis isn't retired, Ravens aren't getting rid of him. You can say what you want about it being a bad business decision or bad presonell decision...Ray Lewis is the face of the franchise and like seeing Junior Seau in a Patriots uniform, Johnny U in a Charges uniform, and Franco Harris in a Seahawks uniform, Bisciotti knows seeing Ray in a different uniform would be something the fans don't want to see.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Bingo. Clicking a link to a Preston article is the same as feeding a troll. The fans deserve better insight into the team than what he and the Sun provide.

Being out of town, I'm not washing in the "information bath" I would be if I were in Baltimore all the time, so I have to pick and choose, in the time I have, what's most insightful because I don't have chances all day to just flip on talk radio shows about the Ravens, or listen to it in the car, etc..

And honestly, so far, the only sources I need or care about are (a) Aaron Wilson, and (b) this board. And that's it. Occasionally I get the bug and check the Sun, but it never seems to have anything in it that I haven't already discussed on this board, in more depth, by people who are smarter and more knowledgeable.