Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Will Brian Billick Ever Coach Again?

When Harbaugh wins the AFC North and a SuperBowl, then you'll have a point.

Funny how you caveat Harbs' playoff record against Billick's with "from 01-07"...

Cherry-pick much?

Blog Entries

The point is, nobody wants him even with his trophy. Nobody wants Gruden even with
    his trophy.

Billick was fired for not winning any PO games after 01 and losing
    the players.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY THAT COUNTS BUT WHAT YOU
    DO TODAY.

JIM PALMER

Billick is doing nothing in football today and that is the point and your boy Ray helped
    off him. He doesn't miss him like you do. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The point is, nobody wants him even with his trophy. Nobody wants Gruden even with
    his trophy.

Billick was fired for not winning any PO games after 01 and losing
    the players.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY THAT COUNTS BUT WHAT YOU
    DO TODAY.

JIM PALMER

Billick is doing nothing in football today and that is the point and your boy Ray helped
    off him.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. OPINION.

It is pretty hard to speculate whether Billick/ Gruden/ Cowher have priced themselves out of the market or if they have just declined to interview, or if no one wants them.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    When Harbaugh wins the AFC North and a SuperBowl, then you'll have a point.

Funny how you caveat Harbs' playoff record against Billick's with "from 01-07"...

Cherry-pick much?
    Billick won one playoff game after that.

Was that Superbowl win really a product of great coaching or the product of a star studded defense?

I think Harbaugh could have won the Superbowl if he coached the team that year. Considering Billick was an offensive mastermind, I can hardly see giving him all the credit for that defenses success.

What Billick did well that Harbaugh's crew seems to fail at, is that Billick was not afraid to ride his golden goose until it died. He always made sure his best players got the ball. It didnt matter whether the opposing team expected it or not. If Heap was the key guy on offense, Heap got the ball until a team forced him to give it to someone else. If Jamal was the guy, Jamal carried the rock until the other team stopped it. Under Harbaugh and Cam, thats not the case. He found ways to get his best players the ball. Thats probably the only thing that I loved about Billick and hate about Harbaughs crew.

No, I don't think Harbaugh could have won the SuperBowl with the group Billick did.

He turned turmoil and potential distractions into fuel for success. He was dealt shit on offense and turned it to sugar by minimizing mistakes and mixing in a little risk-taking down the field every now and then and it worked.

Either way, I don't care about "what if?"... The man created a winning tradition while he was the coach of the Ravens and it began the moment he stepped foot in our town. We no longer felt like "The Old Cleveland Browns" and were regarded as a formidable force under his guidance.

Like I said, when Harbaugh wins a Lombardi in Charm City, THEN we can compare him to Billick. Otherwise he'll fall into the same category as Marty Schottenheimer.

Blog Entries

No, I don't think Harbaugh could have won the SuperBowl with the group Billick did.

He turned turmoil and potential distractions into fuel for success. He was dealt shit on offense and turned it to sugar by minimizing mistakes and mixing in a little risk-taking down the field every now and then and it worked.

Either way, I don't care about "what if?"... The man created a winning tradition while he was the coach of the Ravens and it began the moment he stepped foot in our town. We no longer felt like "The Old Cleveland Browns" and were regarded as a formidable force under his guidance.

Like I said, when Harbaugh wins a Lombardi in Charm City, THEN we can compare him to Billick. Otherwise he'll fall into the same category as Marty Schottenheimer.
    1 playoff win since winning the SB in 2000 is not exactly what I would call a winning tradition. More like he helped a bad franchise go to a mediocre one.

If you want to parade the guy around like a savior, to each his own. I'll just say there is a reason he's no longer here. And he certainly didnt get fired because he was such an awesome coach. In the Not For Long league, his 1 SB win helped him keep his job longer than he probably would have otherwise. He's like the Jake Delhomme of coaches.

Even if Billick never coaches again there is a better chance of him winning a Championship before Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    1 playoff win since winning the SB in 2000 is not exactly what I would call a winning tradition.
    "winning the SB in 2000" is what it is all about, period! Playoffs don't mean SQUAT if you don't win the big one. Billick brought a certain swagger to this team that carried them into the playoffs and beyond. As far as my scorecard goes, it is Billick, 1 Lombardi Trophy; Others, Zero!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

It isn't just the Superbowl. Win an AFC Championship. Hell, win the division. Maybe we can start putting banners in the stadium for winning the wild card round.

Blog Entries

You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. OPINION.
    True and I respect yours, always have. You know that but the part
    about Ray is fact. In fact, I lost a little respect for Ray since he did
    that after everything Billick did for him by taking the heat off during SB
    week . It was Billick's finest hour.

If it was just about winning the SB, Billick would be working and
    that's just my humble freaking opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    1 playoff win since winning the SB in 2000 is not exactly what I would call a winning tradition. More like he helped a bad franchise go to a mediocre one.

If you want to parade the guy around like a savior, to each his own. I'll just say there is a reason he's no longer here. And he certainly didnt get fired because he was such an awesome coach. In the Not For Long league, his 1 SB win helped him keep his job longer than he probably would have otherwise. He's like the Jake Delhomme of coaches.
    When did Delhomme win a Superbowl?

Name the coaches who have won Superbowls since Brian Billick.

It's a short list.

Then look at the offenses they did it with.

And work on your metaphors.