Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Could Dick LeBeau retire?

LeBeau was a good DC before becoming coaching the Bungles

go home, coach LeBeau, go home!!!
    a play or two could make all the difference in our rivalry
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    LeBeau was a good DC before becoming coaching the Bungles

go home, coach LeBeau, go home!!!
    a play or two could make all the difference in our rivalry

Blog Entries

I had some arguments about this...The notion that Big Ben "beats" us is somewhat misleading...I'd argue that as of late, Ben just plays decent enough. The thing that kills us is our offense goes to shit against their D.

Look at the last 3 losses....

Playoffs 2010 - Offense gives up 3 turnovers while leading 21-7, allowing Steelers to run the score to a tie. On the other hand, Ben makes a 58 yard throw on 3rd and 19 which would've been a TD, but the receiver smartly went out of bounds before the goal line, allowing the Steelers to run a few goal line plays before getting the TD.

Home 2010 - Flacco is strip sacked by Polamalu, recovered by Steelers LB, downed around 10 yard line. This allowed Ben to throw a 10 yard checkdown pass to a backup FB for a TD.

Road 2009 - Game was tied 20-20 at start of 4th quarter. Ben made enough plays to get them into FG range on one drive, but was picked on the final drive, which should've given us a chance to tie the game. But our old friend Frank "Grabby" Walker was called for an illegal contact, which gave the Steelers an automatic 1st down and the ability to run out the clock. There was also a Pick-6 by Foxworth in 3Q which was negated by a Block Above the Waist call on Suggs, though that drive still led to a FG. The key here was a 4th down play, we were at the 38 needing 10 for a 1st down. Joe is sacked and fumbles, ending the drive. A 1st down there, we kick a FG, and overtime.

Ben isn't lighting us up in these games. And I'd argue he's not doing anything that another QB couldn't. The key in these games is the play of our Offense against their D.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ben Always finds a way, bottom line, and that's what Great players do....
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton