Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: carson palmer demands a trade

I'm curious to see if anything actually comes of this. There's a lot of speculation from Cincy fans that this may be a ploy of Carson Palmer's to get Bob Bratkowski fired as OC. Cedric Benson is another guy who's not enamored of Bratkowski -- who by the way has had the OC job in Cincy for close to a decade now. As unhappy as many of us are with Cam (and I include myself among you), the situation in Cincy is clearly worse. Apparently Palmer is fed up with the status quo and management's lack of willingness to change the culture.

Stories like these help reduce the sting I feel from our division round loss. Granted, we have -- and should have -- higher expectations than Cincy fans. Even so, it makes me feel a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I'm curious to see if anything actually comes of this. There's a lot of speculation from Cincy fans that this may be a ploy of Carson Palmer's to get Bob Bratkowski fired as OC. Cedric Benson is another guy who's not enamored of Bratkowski -- who by the way has had the OC job in Cincy for close to a decade now. As unhappy as many of us are with Cam (and I include myself among you), the situation in Cincy is clearly worse. Apparently Palmer is fed up with the status quo and management's lack of willingness to change the culture.

Stories like these help reduce the sting I feel from our division round loss. Granted, we have -- and should have -- higher expectations than Cincy fans. Even so, it makes me feel a little better.
    The owner of the Bengals has already stated he will not grant Carson a trade.

Marvin lewis was also asked yesterday about Ocho going to NE and Marvin replied Bill is smarter than that. Cincy is one dysfunctional organization.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

And speaking of dysfunctional, whaddaya think about this prospect: Ocho to the Deadskins in 2011?? I doubt Shanahan would go for it, but it'd be perfect as far as I'm concerned since I love laughing at the DC soap opera...

Carson had worse stats than David Garrard and Jason Campbell last season. IIRC, he is in the bottom third of the league.

If this is a negotiation ploy, it's a poor one.

It's almost a certainty no team will snag him. That team would need to eat a huge contract, most likely give up a draft pick and somehow be convinced he is their answer at QB.

He will either be on the Bengals or teeing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's almost a certainty no team will snag him. That team would need to eat a huge contract, most likely give up a draft pick and somehow be convinced he is their answer at QB.
    I completely disagree. This is the same league that gives guys like Ryan Leaf a second shot on a regular basis.

His QB rating isn't great, but it's not terrible. He hasn't been the same guy since the knee injury. But he can still play QB and he still has a past of tremendous success. Given all the teams out there with QB issues, it's almost a lock that he'd get a look by a few clubs. You can't really argue that with teams like San Fran, Washington, Carolina and Arizona out there that there would be zero interest in him, can you? Arizona or San Fran would have won their division if they had Palmer this year.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I completely disagree. This is the same league that gives guys like Ryan Leaf a second shot on a regular basis.

His QB rating isn't great, but it's not terrible. He hasn't been the same guy since the knee injury. But he can still play QB and he still has a past of tremendous success. Given all the teams out there with QB issues, it's almost a lock that he'd get a look by a few clubs. You can't really argue that with teams like San Fran, Washington, Carolina and Arizona out there that there would be zero interest in him, can you? Arizona or San Fran would have won their division if they had Palmer this year.

- C -
    I agree with everything except the injury part.

IMO he hasn't been the same since his elbow injury. He decided against Tommy John surgery at the time and his arm has never been the same.

But there's no doubt he would garner interest from other teams.

As far as his contract, I bet he'd be more than willing to re-negotiate it if it meant getting out of Cincy.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I agree with everything except the injury part.

IMO he hasn't been the same since his elbow injury. He decided against Tommy John surgery at the time and his arm has never been the same.

But there's no doubt he would garner interest from other teams.

As far as his contract, I bet he'd be more than willing to re-negotiate it if it meant getting out of Cincy.

PP
    Ahhh. I didn't know about the elbow injury. That explains a lot. His ball has lost so much zip since he was younger. I kept head scratching wondering why a knee injury that's has a couple of years to heal would affect his velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker
    You can't really argue that with teams like San Fran, Washington, Carolina and Arizona out there that there would be zero interest in him, can you? Arizona or San Fran would have won their division if they had Palmer this year
    Sure I can.

Those four teams you mention are far from being a QB away from being serious contenders.

Sure one of those two out of AZ and SF may win the division with a Palmer but you're talking about the NFC West. All four of those teams are in need of an overhaul, not a one or two player band aid with a hefty price tag.

Sure I can.

Those four teams you mention are far from being a QB away from being serious contenders.

Sure one of those two out of AZ and SF may win the division with a Palmer but you're talking about the NFC West. All four of those teams are in need of an overhaul, not a one or two player band aid with a hefty price tag.
    Disagree.

Arizona and San Fran are both decent teams if you put anyone competent behind center.

Sure I can.

Just because it wouldn't make sense doesn't mean they wouldn't have interest. come one now, some GMs i wounder how they got their jobs.

I don't think he will be traded, but AZ had success with a QB that was good, then not good, then good again. to say that all four of those teams will have 0 interest i think may not be true.
    Disclaimer: I really don't know nothing about anything, so if i say something like i do, understand that i don't know what the hell i am talking about.

I'll be real suprised if he retires or gets traded. IMO he's not going anywhere.

Sure I can.

I would argue that the one team in the league that is a QB away from being very good is San Fran. Honestly, you really need to reassess that team's talent on both sides of the ball. Very good, young OL. Top notch RB. Top notch TE. A WR who possesses unreal talent. And the D has big time talent as well.

I think are severely underestimating Palmer's value. Don't get me wrong, he's not some elite QB but you gotta look at the league.

This past offseason the Browns gave him Jake Delhomme a two year deal with 7 million guaranteed for the first year.

He was HORRENDOUS in 09 for Carolina.

PP