Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: joe would never come out of game like cutler did

Shut up HR! He totally should have stayed in the game! Its not like ignoring knee problems for even a short time can have any long lasting and very serious complications for an athlete even years after he retires!

If he didn't want to end up a partially crippled shell of himself he shouldn't have strapped on the pads.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And having those injuries, you'd of course know that it's not the same injury for everyone. Because if you had those injuries, it's the first thing the doctors tell you -- some people can walk around (like Jamal Lewis), others cannot because of the grade of the tear, the nerve damage (if any) around the knee or the ability to actually remain stable when you do things such as planting, pivoting (like Wes Welker), etc.

But why am I telling you all of this? You really had these injuries .... right?
    yes people do react differantly to this injury and Cutler went back in for a series so he could function with the injury. He was also riding the bike and walking on the sideline so the injury didnt have that severe of an effect on him. He could move around so he should have been in the game or atleast showing some signs of wanting to go back into the game

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    yes people do react differantly to this injury and Cutler went back in for a series so he could function with the injury.
    So he goes back in the game after getting hurt (what a pussy), by your admission, tests his knee out, he and the training staff decides he cannot go and you blast him for .... what exactly?

He was also riding the bike and walking on the sideline so the injury didnt have that severe of an effect on him.
    So you admit that different people are affected differently with the injury yet you have an issue with him riding a bike on the sideline. You don't see the hypocrisy in that stance?

Brady walked to the sidelines after his tear. Ditto for Jamal Lewis. Phillip Rivers walked around after his was torn too. Were they all faking it as well?

But again, why I am pointing all of this out to you? Because you sure did have this same injury. Right?

He could move around so he should have been in the game or atleast showing some signs of wanting to go back into the game
    Finally, an admission.

So he needed to act like he was hurt in order for this to be right.

Glad someone is finally on record then.

I've torn the MCL in my left knee playing basketball and tore my right ACL playing football and each time it was different. The MCL tear, though not as severe as the ACL tear, was so painful that I couldn't return to the game because it felt as if my knee were sliding off of the lower portion of my leg.

I actually played another down with the ACL tear until a blinding bolt of pain shot from my leg and I nearly passed out. Coach was pissed that I was stupid enough to go back in after the initial tear.

Jay Cutler is also a Type 1 diabetic so no cortisone and it takes longer for him to heal.

are people gonna start apologizing to cutler or what!?!?!
    Disclaimer: I really don't know nothing about anything, so if i say something like i do, understand that i don't know what the hell i am talking about.