Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the next step?

Ok, we're a play-off team, AGAIN. If we were to make a road map of where we go from here, what would be the next stop on the road? I know Bisciotti wants a yearly play-off contender and he got it. To me, there are two steps to take before winning a SuperBowl, that would make me feel a hell of a lot better about our team: Step 1-Win the AFC North. Only 1 team ANY year can win the Lombardi, but there are 8 Division Champions, I'd AT LEAST like Baltimore to win the division next year, being the Wild Card team is getting old and is starting to annoy me. Being #2 to Pissburgh (or Cincy last year) irks my nerves. Step 2- AFC Champions. If we get in as a Wild Card and then win the Conference Championship, I'd be fine, even if we didn't win the big dance, I'd feel like we accomplished something. My point is, I'm ready for our team to be a champion again, even if its just the division. We're a good team, yearly, the front office is building us out that way but I wanna be more than the Wild Card, I think we're all ready for that. So, with all of that being said, what is the next step to you?

Re: What is the next step?

Protect Joe, and gain One Yard when needed..........

3. Re: What is the next step?

Getting a good wide reciever.

1) new OC. can't believe they didn't fire Cam. this happens again next year Cam and Harbs might both be gone.

2) OTackle. either get Gaither straight or draft a left tackle and return Oher to right.

3) speed receiver. or get Donte the ball more.

4) another speed rusher. Kindle or 99 (can't rememebr his name) (edit--Kreuger?) might provide this, or a free agent.

have to think another year will improve Flacco, Rice and Webb. just hope the older guys (Ray, Heap, Reed, Gregg) can last another year.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-23-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add name
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

SOLIDIFY the freaking O-LINE, and establish a SMASH MOUTH RUNNING ATTACK! That should propel us to the next level.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

6. Re: What is the next step?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    SOLIDIFY the freaking O-LINE, and establish a SMASH MOUTH RUNNING ATTACK! That should propel us to the next level.
    Gonna need to draft another HB if you want a smash mouth running attack since Rice isnt a smash mouth kind of guy and McGahee is on his way out the door.

Hell youre gonna need to draft another FB too since McClain is probably gone. And thats after getting another guy for the oline and a desperately needed receiver or two.

The next step is beating Pittsburgh.
    We beat Pittsburgh we win the division
    We beat Pittsburgh we are in the championship game

The division title will be going through Pittsburgh for the near future. They are young and resilient.
    Next watch out our defense is getting old. How long will Reed last? Ray Lewis is about to start heading on the downside of his career, a long and illustrious one but still heading south. We are down to one defensive end pass rusher. The Draft picks the past two years that were supposed to help address this (Kindle, Kreuger) have been underwhelming to say the least.
    Offensive line went backwards this year I think...Granted injuries didn't help.....

I think the coaching staff did well this year, we just are not over that Pittsburgh hump yet though.

I think the next step consists of 5 things......

We retained cam, so what we have to do is acquire talent that fits his offense, speed at WR, get the O-line figured.

Become more efficient within that offense

Allow Joe more freedom within the offense

Become more athletic in the front 7

Figure out the secondary at CB and SS
    Last edited by Carey; 01-23-2011 at 04:27 PM.

We have already proven we can beat Pittsburgh in the regular season so that's not needed to win the division.

Had we beaten the Bengals in week 2 we'd be the division champs right now.

10. Re: What is the next step?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We have already proven we can beat Pittsburgh in the regular season so that's not needed to win the division.

Had we beaten the Bengals in week 2 we'd be the division champs right now.
    Had we held on against any of Pittsburgh at home and New England and Atlanta on the road we'd have won the division. But that Cincy game should have been ours!

The next step is maybe do nothing. We have a team that just went 12-4, add a couple of role players, another year of chemistry between Flacco and Boldin and we could be sitting here on this Sunday next year watching the Ravens host the AFC Championship game. We were so close to it this year, we need to improve, yes. But it maybe nothing more than a little tweaking.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Agreed Gordon.

You simply must win your divisional games. They are the priority.

Do that and the rest takes care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    The next step is maybe do nothing.
    Ding ding ding. I think other than getting Gaither back from injury (or replacing him if he's not good to go) and using the draft to add legitimate depth, we're good to go.

I don't want to go out and give away the bank to get Nhamdi. I don't want to sign new receivers. All we need to do is improve Joe's chemistry with his current weapons, improve his protection, and improve his run support.

One of those will occur automatically with time, the other two will happen with an upgrade at LT.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron