Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 the fan's Bulldog

Somehow I find it hard to listen to someone give opinions on what other people should do when they can't control what happens in their own lives. Unless Yappies goal in life is to be a fat ass he should get control over his fork before he tells someone else what they should be doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Let's just call him the Cam Cameron of sports talk radio.
    LOL - Good one. You should be the manager.

I've been defending Scott Garceau on the boards but damn, today I
    turned on and he's talking about the legs of the chick in the other
    room and that the TV monitor was broken and they couldn't see them.

She even wanted them in there. Nothing about the Ravens so I turmed him off.

Now I love girls legs but they don't do me any good on the radio. Got to see
    some good ones when I reached the pool but they're supposed to be taking
    calls and hopefully calls about the Ravens.

Scott and Jeremy do way too much talking to themselves and a lot about nothing.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-25-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Re: Damon "Bulldog" Yaffee does it again

As soon as I got in my truck for the ride home yesterday, 105.7 was deleted from my presets. Will be that way until someone tells me he is gone.
    SS

Let's just call him the Cam Cameron of sports talk radio.

Being stuck w/ him Haynie must have the same feeling Garceau had when he was stuck with Anita.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    DON'T LISTEN TO IT. ...

TURN IT OFF.

Who's stronger, you or the radio?
    As far as I'm concerned, this sums it up nicely. It's a free society. All of the clowns on talk radio (be it sports, politics, or whatever) are pretty much free to spout whatever nonsense they like. On the other hand, nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head to listen. They're free to yap, but YOU are free to simply tune them out.

Being stuck w/ him Haynie must have the same feeling Garceau had when he was stuck with Anita.
    This is a joke, right?

Haynie being stuck with Cunningham is like Garceau being teamed with Anita...only I think Anita actually knows more about sports than Bruce. I could be wrong...just an observation.

This is a joke, right?

Haynie being stuck with Cunningham is like Garceau being teamed with Anita...only I think Anita actually knows more about sports than Bruce. I could be wrong...just an observation.
    yeah that came out wrong (poor punctuation)...Haynie being stuck w/ Cuntingham must feel like Garceau did when he had to put up with Anita...and you're right TL Anita did offer more

while I do not expect every show host to be a homer and bleed purple and black, or orange and black, I do expect there to be a level of decorum and respect for the hometown teams and fans.

To turn on the radio after a disappointing loss to Baltimore's most bitter rival in sports and to hear a host of a local sports show, talking about how the Steelers are great, it is nothing short of insulting.

I am not so blinded by my Ravens devotion where I can not admit that the Steelers are a very good team. They are. They may be one of the best in the NFL right now. But to constantly hear it from an on-air personality is deplorable, and he borders on gloating. He takes a sick and perverse pleasure of kicking Baltimore fans when they are down. He is the kind of person that gets off on kicking puppies, if even just to tenderize them before he eats them.

The argument that listening to this program will keep him on-air is skewed however. Yaffe is under contract with CBS Radio/105.7 The Fan. He is here until the end of that contract. Also, Arbitron ratings are done processed through surveys, but that is not it. program call volume/e-mails/and text messages are used to not just communicate your love or hate to the hatred toward the hosts, but they use those numbers of texts and calls to validate their listener base.

Anytime any of us send a text message or call to Mark and the Bulldog, that logs as a unique and dedicated listener. You can listen to the program from start to finish. There is to transmitter in your radio that lets the broadcaster know how many people are listening.

If you listen on-line, then my previous statement does not count. Online listening is easily tracked an logged. the numbers are also padded. If you listen to the Bulldog in your office at your desk, then the broadcaster will claim that about 3 people are listening per each log-in to their online stream, because co-workers are within earshot.

if you want him gone, do not call the show to tell Bulldog he is an idiot. Do not text message him to tell him he is a fat f*ck. do not send e-mails telling him that there is a free buffet down the street, in hopes that he will abandon his post at the microphone for a snack. and most importantly, do NOT listen to the program online.

Once communicative interaction drops, so will Bulldog.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I am just happy that Anita Marks is gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    I am just happy that Anita Marks is gone....
    I was too then i moved up to NY and here she is again...life sucks :)
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Enough whining about someone you have the ability to never even listen to if you don't want to be offended.

The Ravens win and we don't even have this discussion.

Enough whining about someone you have the ability to never even listen to if you don't want to be offended.

The Ravens win and we don't even have this discussion.
    :respect