Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: LeRon McClain wants out of Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I only have one issue with this whole McClain thing. I get that he wants carries, etc:. And it's our fault that we turned him into a running back 2 years ago, because it brought him to this point. But LeRon needs to remember his role on this team is as a FULLBACK, not a RUNNING BACK. And he should also understand that another team is not going to sign him to be a running back either. So he's not necessarily going to go to another team and have the season he had in 2009.

He's a fullback that is supposed to block for the RB. That is his job. Someone should remind him of this.
    I don't think it's anybody's fault. He's capable of more than we need. I'd much rather have a Lorenzo Neal-type caveman back there than a John Kuhn guy who becomes a part of the offense.

Let him go make money somewhere else, I don't care. No great love for him after spit-gate anyway.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Re: LeRon McClain wants out of Baltimore?

You know apart of me understands his frustration but the other part thinks he should have made the most out of the opportunities he had this season. LeRon really did get a few chances to put his stamp on games and he failed to do it. The dropped TD pass vs. New Orleans comes to mind. And I can think of atleast 3 or 4 other times when LeRon was on a screen or in open space and he either dropped the ball or didnt make the right cut.

When your on a team that has Mason, Heap, Rice, Boldin, McGahee, Houshmanzadeh, and even the secondary players that we have like Stallworth, the two rookie TE's, and Reed, touches are earned. Which means you've got to dominate every time you touch the ball or the ball doesnt come your way. Its that simple. LeRon didnt do that, especially early in the season.

If LeRon wants more touches, he's got to prove that he deserves them over Mason, Heap, Rice, Boldin, Mcgahee, etc.