Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: My two week notice

Whatever team you end up rooting for, the fans will say the same things about them.

I remember reading an Indy board a few years ago, and half the posters referred to Manning as "Pay A Ton" Manning, and blamed his high salary for hogging up the salary cap and preventing them from having a complete team. Said the Colts would never win that way and they were better off without him.

Read any team's message boards long enough, and it's the same thing. Fire the coach, the refs hate us, the media doesn't like us, blah blah blah.

Your choice is to either bog down on that crap, or just skim past it to get to the useful / interesting stuff. Or disengage altogether.

what would this year have been, if we didn't wake up Monday mornings to a "fire this coach" thread?

i still think it's funny that a top 3, over achieving defense, needs to have the coordinator fire... but no one calling for Webb's head after he gets burned playing loose coverage...but that is for a whole other thread.

well, I guess that's one good thing about a loss like we had on Saturday - it weeds out the true fans from the fair-weather fans.

I understand your points, but would you give up a job in a law firm to go work at McDonald's just because your co-workers are annoying?

Frankly, I disagree with most of what people say, but I guess I just vent my frustrations differently than most fans. However, they're just fan opinions, and they shouldn't be meaningful to your general opinion. I mean, yeah, it's good to argue, but in the end the others having a different opinion isn't reason to jump ship.

Look, I agree with a few points people are making, but I disagree with most. I think Harbs is a terrific coach, I think Joe Flacco's a terrific QB, I think Mattison's a good coordinator (not the best, but who would we replace him with? Singletary?). Everyone screws up once in a while. I do think Cam needs to go, but I came to this conclusion based on what I saw, not because others were calling for his head.

It was an extremely frustrating weekend, but we're still going to have lots of those in the future, just like we're going to have lots of awesome weekends in the future. I'm sorry I can't remember who it was who said it, but I thought a lot about it: "the reason the highs are so high is that the lows are so low." Life's a POS sometimes, but that's no reason to jump ship. Especially not because of fans on a message board, most of whom you'll probably never meet.

Maryland is an at-will employment state. Two weeks is not necessary from either party. I quit is sufficient and immediate if wanted.

Buh-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Read any team's message boards long enough, and it's the same thing. Fire the coach, the refs hate us, the media doesn't like us, blah blah blah.

Your choice is to either bog down on that crap, or just skim past it to get to the useful / interesting stuff. Or disengage altogether.
    Yep. I've read enough on bulletin boards of other teams to know this is absolutely true.

All of us, I'm sure, have at one time or another looked on with disgust as another 24x7 poster (or posters) continues to try to beat home a point with which we disagree. But that's just part of the makeup of a sports team's message board. And it will certainly continue regardless of who decides to engage or disengage.

I certainly hope that RvnFanInIndy doesn't think that the posters on this message board, having read his post, are sitting around and wondering where they went wrong and are now vowing to change their ways. RvnFanInIndy - you choose to stay on the message boards and read the posts. If it aggravates you that badly, why do you continue to read the messages on this board?

Blog Entries

Confused...you are "quitting" because other fans are getting upset and asking for changes, while the front office is following your plan, the "fans don't run the team, thank goodness" plan.

So, you aren't quitting because the team is doing things you DON'T agree with...you are quitting because you are tired of the other fans.

Look, I defend...just about 95% of the decisions made by this team. But I think other fans have a right to at least debate the non-changes. I am more than a little concerned by Harbaugh saying we need to do EVERYTHING better, but then saying we should keep the coaches the same, keep the players the same, and keep Oher as a LT. This would be approaching the "define idiocy as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" level.

Now, I agree mostly with the decisions. 12-4, divisional round losers...those teams generally don't go through major facelifts. Not even generally, RARELY do they make rash decisions. And on top of that, you know the Ravens are not one of the 5-6 orgs known to be that crazy. Like Al Davis watching TOm Cable IMPROVE his team and saying "you know what? NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I DEMAND PERFECTION". If Bisciotti came in with an axe and just obliterated this team, we would be the Raiders. PERIOD.

That said, don't be that guy who's going to pull up a soapbox and say "That's it, I'm out of here, you all are jerks". EVERY OTHER SINGLE NFL TEAM WILL HAVE THOSE FANS. Deal with them, hold your head, and feel good knowing that neither you, nor they, are running the NFL team. Ozzie, Bisciotti, Harbaugh have proven they aren't idiots when it comes to building a winning team, I'm confident they will figure this thing out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Dude, stop it.

What are you gonna do-- find employment as a bathroom attendant at R. Kelly's house?

Cut the bullshit and just call in sick for a few days or take a vacation.

This stuff goes on with the fans of every other team out there in every sport.

It's the nature of being a fan.

I hear there's a group out there called Supporting The Flacco Uprising.

Maybe you should join them in their endeavors.

Fans are fans pretty much everywhere. Remember fan is short for "fanatic" so stay realistic.

I'm with this team no matter what. We have a class FO and good team and just need the right pieces to get it done. Only 1 team wins a SB every year so every other losing team's fans react in the same manner. So if you want to leave that's your choice.

I bleed purple and will support this team in good times (which is most of the time) and in bad!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998