Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Stop blaming the coordinators!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    We had a speedster at receiver. His name is Donte Stallworth. I think all season he ran 4 or 5 end arounds and caught one pass.
    Actually he caught 2 passes but point taken.

If you want to blame Mattison for this guy Brown, A ROOKIE WIDE RECEIVER, basically running downfield and Webb letting him run right by him, then go ahead. I won't. If Webb stays with him on that play, he could have knocked it down.

And he SHOULD have been with him, what with giving up a nice deep cushion.

That's not on Mattison.

BTW, T, I can answer your question too. TOP. The offense had MAYBE 3 games all year where their TOP was really over the opponent. Our offense has put our defense back on the field so quickly so many times that it's no wonder they are exhausted by the 4th quarter. The Steelers had 10 minutes of possession longer, almost twice as many first downs, and over twice as many net yards.

When that happens, most defenses are gassed by the end of the game and can't play at the same level. I don't know how that is Mattison's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    In order to move forward the front office must re-evaluate every position from coaches to players and see where improvements are needed.
    Well said...I agree 100%

I think the most damning evidence that Cam has not used his talent, is the Joe should be in the shotgun (flanked by a RB) about 70% of the time...and even with the no-huddle. Joe seems to flourish in this arrangment, more than as a pure drop-back QB.

PS, I think that fumble was on Birk, not Joe.

This game was a complete epic fail by the whole team. It was not Cam's fault that we dropped a touchdown or dropped a first down. It was not Cam's fault with our protection. However it is Cam's fault that the offense only managed 24- total yards in the second half. It was Cam's fault trying to run the ball against the best run defense in the NFL, when we were trailing. It was not Mattison's fault that we let the Steelers off the hook on third and longs. So who do you blame then? It all falls on the head coach for not having a set of balls and allowing this to happen. Harbaugh is too soft, if he wants to keep his job, he needs to start coaching and stop being a friend.
    Lovin me some section 543

100%? That's a lot. But you may be right...

The whole game turned on a few key, major plays. Birk botching a snap, Flacco throwing a horrible interception, Rice putting the ball in the grass, Boldin dropping a touchdown pass right in his breadbasket, and an 8 man coverage team somehow letting a guy get open deep. Of those five plays, if any three had gone the other way I bet we would have won.

I have no problem blaming the players. I blame Flacco some, but no more than his fair share. It was bad execution, as I said to my kid, bringing a whole new meaning to the term "offensive football."

edit: And Sanchez still sucks. The Jets are winning in spite of him, and part of the reason is a level of play out of the WR position that we haven't seen here since Michael Jackson left.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Good post PSU!

This 3 and 19 and Haruki was new to me.

I am still thinking a new OC migth be the wise thing to go.

And I am tired of hearing that we miss Gaither.. unlike you I hoped we would go with Gaither at LT, here is the fact, Oher was the LT at the beginning of the season.. Not going to blame him and I also think he was hurt in the last half of the season. So LT was never my problem.

But when we then lost a RT, I could see us struggling early this season but we struggled all season! Never did we have an OL who could get the job done. A RT? How could we not develop Cousins to contribute, Moll same thing? The Steelers lost Oliners not one but several and it never seemed to be a huge impact.

Our runninggame took a major step back and that was the most damaging thing. If we can get back to that OL and runninggame we saw in 2009 I can live with Cam, if not and we believe we have to be a top five passing team, Cam has to go!

Finally what people keep forgetting these days, this is not only about Ben and Joe. It is also very much Joe against a great defense.