Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Is Joe the future?

If you can't see that he looks out of his league in the big games thats your problem. I thought this was the game he would show that he has matured as a QB but i have to say if we are 12-4 next year and play a good team in the playoffs I will not be confident in him. Him the OC or both. We will find out next year which it is.

I get that the mishandle is partially Birk's fault. But Flacco has got to fall on the ball and not have the TO...THAT is all on Flacco. Like last week in KC...he fumbles and then squirts it rigth thru his legs when he had a clear first chance to retain it. I'm not trying to crush the guy...I like him. But more often than not in big games he has not come thru and his time is running out IMO.

FM

Always good for a fumble and pick in the big ones

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I get that the mishandle is partially Birk's fault. But Flacco has got to fall on the ball and not have the TO...THAT is all on Flacco. Like last week in KC...he fumbles and then squirts it rigth thru his legs when he had a clear first chance to retain it. I'm not trying to crush the guy...I like him. But more often than not in big games he has not come thru and his time is running out IMO.

FM
    That happens all the time. Very often during a fumble pile the guy that looked to have the best shot at the ball is not the guy that actually comes up with it. Its not as easy as it looks.

Only in Baltimore does a 3rd year players time run out so quickly. The window may be closing for older guys but Flacco has his whole career ahead of him to better his game and win the big one.

Ray Rice had the momentum changing fumble and he didnt make a play to help get the team out of a funk either, is his time running out?

If the goal is a Superbowl, then something has to change in the very near future.
    If not Flacco in the next couple of years then who? Cameron...Mattison?

Keeping the status quo is def not the answer.

FM

6. Re: Is Joe the future?

He's probably in the top 1/3 of NFL QB's and should be here for the long haul. At the same time, I'd be drafting a "high upside" type QB in the later rounds of every. If you throw enough poop against the wall, sometimes something sticks.