Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Ravens 8th in ESPN Fan Satisfaction ratings

Not good enough!The Ravens should have come in the top 3, at least top 5. ESPN had us ranked behind even Green Bay, Denver, and, drum roll please ..... Jacksonville.

There was a strong bias towards Indianapolis (Jimmy Irsay is not the 14th best owner in all sports, and the Colts do not have the 2nd best players and 3rd best coach in all sports). Also Pittsburgh (if their players ranked 10th, how did our 28th ranked players kick the living shit out of them twice last season?). Also, in the overall rankings, OPCY ranks a lot higher than 49th among all stadiums - top 3 or 5.

We did get fair marks for stadium, bang for the buck, ownership, and coaches. But the Steelers, and Packers, neither of which came close to a 13-3 record, received higher marks for players than the Ravens.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Ravens 8th in ESPN Fan Satisfaction ratings

Jacksonville ahead of us?

I sense a methodology issue here.

Methinks the media love of QBs such as old man favre and rothlisberger are amounting for too much in the rankings. The packers have no players by comparison. The steelers are a bit more debatable, but their "players" performed far worse as a team last year.

Lame. Besides, a lot of this stuff is pure popularity contest. there are Steeler fans all over the country.

Besides, a lot of this stuff is pure popularity contest.
    What he said.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Keep in mind the bang for the buck factor with Jacksonville. From what I've seen they let thousands of people dressed like plastic tarps into the games for free every week.

What he said. The ravens are ranked number one with me, who care what espn says.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Bleep ESPN:nm:

Blog Entries

I think franchise history gets a lot of credit in this poll. Obviously, although I hate to admit it, you have a lot of front running fans who gravitate towards the Steelers because of all the super bowls they won. The same people who root for the Steelers and Cowboys root for the Yankees.

I think our ownership rankings are tainted because of the national bias against Mr Modell. But I believe it is hard to find an owner as gracious and competent as Steve B. Think about all the owners who are new to the NFL. Synder in DC denies the existence of JK Cooke. He even changed the name of the town from Raljon. Former NFL owners in other cities are barely acknowledged by the new owners. Steve is the exception. He has treated Mr Modell wth grace, class and dignity. He did not throw Art out of the building; he put a life size picture of him in the lobby. He did not try to ignore his contributions, he built him a new office in the Bellagio. Art is invited to all events, shows up at all the games. Steve even let Art continue to own 1% of the team. If you do not think Steve is a terrific owner, compare him to the gentleman down the street who micromanages every aspect of the baseball team's operations.

We may not have the history, or the band wagon fans, but we have a great owner, a great GM (in Ozzie we trust), a great coach (who else walks through the middle of the tailgate lots talking to hundreds of fans before every game ) and a world class stadium.

I do not care what ESPN says. I root for the best franchise in modern American Sports. Go Ravens!!!!!!!!

Ed from Bel Air.

They would have ranked higher but the marching band killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Not good enough!The Ravens should have come in the top 3, at least top 5. ESPN had us ranked behind even Green Bay, Denver, and, drum roll please ..... Jacksonville.

There was a strong bias towards Indianapolis (Jimmy Irsay is not the 14th best owner in all sports, and the Colts do not have the 2nd best players and 3rd best coach in all sports). Also Pittsburgh (if their players ranked 10th, how did our 28th ranked players kick the living shit out of them twice last season?). Also, in the overall rankings, OPCY ranks a lot higher than 49th among all stadiums - top 3 or 5.

We did get fair marks for stadium, bang for the buck, ownership, and coaches. But the Steelers, and Packers, neither of which came close to a 13-3 record, received higher marks for players than the Ravens.

Very hard to argue with your logic T.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Synder in DC denies the existence of JK Cooke. He even changed the name of the town from Raljon.
    Although I agree with the general tone of your post and your points, this one about changing the name of the town is a killer. It was Jack Kent Cook and his incredible ego that created the idiotic town name "Raljon," which was a combination of the names of his two sons. Synder is unquestionably a total jackass, but one thing you can't blame him for is changing the name of the town, because it was JKC that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    They would have ranked higher but the marching band killed them.
    What does that mean? I as most fans love and support the band!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens