Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens @ Bills - group tickets

I'm new to this site. Will someone fill me in on how this works for the Buffalo trip. Does someone get a block of tickets and we buy from that person? Do we make all our own hotel and air reservations? When will we know about the tickets? Thanks for the info!

Re: Ravens @ Bills - group tickets

Quote Originally Posted by stanlda2 View Post
    I'm new to this site. Will someone fill me in on how this works for the Buffalo trip. Does someone get a block of tickets and we buy from that person? Do we make all our own hotel and air reservations? When will we know about the tickets? Thanks for the info!
    There are different ways to do it but this is how we do trips when organized on this board.

Somebody, usually Mista T, will reserve a block of tickets from the away team. Then if you are interested you call the number that is provided and reserve your tickets. That's about the extent of what is done for you. After that it is up to you to reserve the airplane and hotel, although we try to all stay in the same hotel. If enough people are interested than a block of hotel rooms can be reserved. 2 years ago in Jacksonville we all tailgated at a park in the morning and the whole thing was catered. We each paid something like $20 a piece. At the very least we will arrange to all meet somewhere.

You can go through WNST or one of the Ravens Roost or Nest to get everything included but the price will be a bit higher. But if you prefer this convenience than maybe the extra money is worth it. I generally don't go through those any other organizations as this board is "my peeps".

Is there anything new as far as tickets?
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlda2 View Post
    Yes & yes -- pretty much the way that wxKevin described it, although it varies by location.

If you are a seasoned traveler, or at least a risk taker, you can sometimes save $$$$ by making your own arrangements and hooking up with other message board members. I always save $$$, but I will fully admit to being a cheapskate when traveling: Southwest Ding fares, timeshare exchanges, below face value game tickets etc

If not, or for some cities where hotel deals or ticket availability make group deals more desirable, you should go with an organized group. One of our board sponsors is www.ravenstrips.com. They often put together a good & complete road trip package. In particular, if they can get group pricing in cities that have outrageous hotel ricing -- e.g. San Francisco or Seattle -- you may even be better off financially with an organized group.

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    Is there anything new as far as tickets?
    Sorry - I'm "downy oshun fishin'" this week, with only dial-up connection. I'll check out opponent tickets situation next week & report back.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm in Salisbury so I know you've had iffy weather. Enjoy your visit.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

6. Re: Ravens @ Bills - group tickets

I am down for this trip. Let me know where people plan on staying.

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: Ravens @ Bills - group tickets

Update:

We need 15 commitments to get group tickets. Price would range from $42 upper high rows to $58 upper lower rows. (With Stub Hub, the prices for matching seats is 100% to 150% higher).

Although I swore I wouldn't be the middle man again, I'll handle the tickets one more time, for this game only. I would need to make a financial commitment by June 9th. Which means I would need $$$ in hand by that date -- I have been burned before, so no exceptions unless I tailgate party with you!

Please make a firm decision by NLT May 30th, which means: send me a check by that date. (No, I don't trust Pay Pal). PM me for the address. If we do not get the 15 minimum, I'll shred your check.

Who is definitely in? I'm good for two tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvens View Post
    I am down for this trip. Let me know where people plan on staying.

Thanks!
    rayvens: Does being "down" mean that you are "up" for the trip? Just curious.
    Last edited by Mista T; 05-17-2007 at 11:23 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Hey,

Thanks for playing middle man. Put me and the hubby down for 2, but I'd prefer the lower rows. I get a little hedgey sitting waaaayy up high. Let me know where to send the money.

BTW, we're at the Hyatt downtown. We're flying in on Friday morning and renting a car. We're definitely doing the falls and Toronto. Anybody up for some tailgating Sunday AM?

Jessica

Last call: Buffalo group tickets

Several memebers had expressed interest in a group thingy, but there's been an underwhelming response since I established a firm schedule on a group ticket buy. Please check out:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ead.php?t=6448

If I haven't received responses (i.e. checks) to acquire the 15 minimum for group tickets by May 31st, we'll down the Buffalo trip.

Thanks!

Re: Last call: Buffalo group tickets

With all of the great cities we play in this year (San Diego, San Fran, Miami), why go to Buffalo?

Wink Re: Last call: Buffalo group tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    With all of the great cities we play in this year (San Diego, San Fran, Miami), why go to Buffalo?
    San Diego: Thanksgiving

Miami: "been there, done that" a few times (and likely doing it again)

San Fran: yes -- our last visit until 2015-- but tickets are expensive & challenging

Buffalo: cheap & easy to obtain tickets. Driveable for those who don't want the $39, 45-minute flight. All away games aren't in the Sunbelt!

12. Re: Last call: Buffalo group tickets

Do they offer groups in the lower level or only in the upper level? I will be going to the game but I will seat in the lower level only. If it's possible to get a group of 15 in the lower level count me in if not I will purchase through ebay or stubhub, etc...
    Last edited by Reedrules; 05-23-2007 at 09:41 PM.