Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Baltimore VS Pittsburgh: '71, '75, '76, '79, '01, '08

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Agreed; all that matters now are the Ravens. However, as the one poster stated, Pittsburgh likes to ignore that lengthy period when they sucked as a way of 'one-upsmanship' towards Baltimore - I say NYET! If you normalize the number of World Championships by the number of years each city was within the league, then Bmore, not Pittsburgh, is ahead. So, it does matter to me, that the real facts are known to our fellow yinzers out there - Bmore has won NFL World Champinships at a faster rate than Pittsburgh, and we are on course to win another one within the next couple of years. Having said that, it is time for the Ravens to take care of business!
    Your point is well taken, Baltimore has indeed won more NFL Championships per year.

Still it would be great if the recent history tables could be turned and Baltimore could eliminate Pittsburgh from the post season. Since Baltimore is so despised by so many Steeler fans, it would be a bitter pill for them to swallow.

Talking about the upcoming game, I am hopeful and confident especially after the KC game. However when I listen to national sports figures such as the Herd on ESPN radio, they seem to be picking the steelers.

For example:

Cowherd said yesterday that Las Vegas feels the Ravens got a bad deal with the six day layoff while the Steelers had two weeks, and therefore the "inside betters" in Vegas are taking the STeelers to beat the spread.

I sure hope they are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    They just clobbered us in the 70's.
    Go get em Joe!!
    Those Pittsburgh teams were arguable the best in the history of the game. Talk about tough defense! Ouch. They had like 4 hall of famers and the rest pro bowlers on the starting 11.

But anyway, it's OUR TURN now.

Also Pittsburgh was the laughing stock of the NFL for like 25 years. They even cut John Unitas from their roster. Jeez, the coaches 9 year old son was trying to tell him that Unitas was the best QB on the team even though he was an unknown and about 4th on the depth chart. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

3. Re: Baltimore VS Pittsburgh: '71, '75, '76, '79, '01, '08

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Cowherd said yesterday that Las Vegas feels the Ravens got a bad deal with the six day layoff while the Steelers had two weeks, and therefore the "inside betters" in Vegas are taking the STeelers to beat the spread.
    Considering that Pitt is giving 3.5, I'd just as soon take the points. If they beat us it's very possible it's by 3 pts or less.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    Considering that Pitt is giving 3.5, I'd just as soon take the points. If they beat us it's very possible it's by 3 pts or less.
    You are probably right about that. But I'm not betting on this game, this is one that I am emotionally invested in. My fervent hope is that the Ravens come through and not only beat the spread, they win outright.

If they can just win this game tomorrow, if they can beat Pittsburgh, I could accept whatever happens after that in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

If I could know that we sent Pittsburgh home, eliminated them, gave their most arrogant fans a badly needed dose of humility, and broke Ben's winning streak against the Ravens....this would make the season for me, anything after that would be icing on the cake.

Screw that! For me it's Lombardiville or BUST.

OUR GOAL IS THE BOWL!!

We have the talent and the desire. No reason to expect anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Screw that! For me it's Lombardiville or BUST.

OUR GOAL IS THE BOWL!!

We have the talent and the desire. No reason to expect anything less.
    You know come to think of it you've got something there.

Pittsburgh is just a stepping stone, just like KC was, , to the Ravens 2nd Super Bowl victory. No reason to stop after beating them.

Now:

As referee Mills Lane used to say before big fights :

Let's get it on!

Blog Entries

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I look at last year, and how we spanked the Patriots and the running game was dominant, then I look at this year and we spanked the Chiefs with some good O and D, and I just hope we are not all disappointed again at the end of the day.
    The Rapist is not Matt Cassel and Pitts D is not the Chiefs.
    Lets hope for a good fundamental game with a good result.