Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise
    A proven sucessful QB has earned the right to have a lousy game without the fans losing their minds about it.
    Would he still have kept that right if we'd lost?

Stinger, I will re-word my response for you:

Mac = Is A Proven Winner
    Boller = Has Proven Nothing

EDIT: Dabruise- Mobtown, be careful to direct the discussion to the post NOT the poster.
    Last edited by Dabruise; 09-18-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Boller has no past, present, maybe a future if he settles down and learns from mcnair how to avoid the rush.
    Maybe he can also learn from McNair how to be sacked twice by Warren "I-Didn't-Even-Know-He-Still-Played" Sapp

I'm not judging Boller until he plays again, and I'm not judging McNair until after a few more games, because everyone has their bad days

Stinger, I will re-word my response for you:

Mac = Is A Proven Winner
    Boller = Has Proven Nothing

Are you being obtuse on purpose or did you just have a bad day?
    Not at all. But if you make an arguement like that, you have to be able to back it up, nothing more nothing less. No more than I'd expect from anyone else if I said something like that.

Now the way you rephrased it, I have no issue with that. But you should have said that from the get-go. That's all I'm sayin. ;)

When McNair's refusal to step into his throws leads to more one-hoppers and overthrows, and they actually cost us a game, I think the prevailing attitude about him might change. Everyone says he's a tough guy, and to play in the NFL for as long as he has I'm not going to disagree. But he does look like he's scared to step into the pass if he's about to get hit, and his accuracy has suffered for it. His performance has been average for two games. Now, I fully expect him to improve, but playing the way we did on Sunday against the Raiders would not have beaten half the teams in the league, even with a solid defensive effort. Let's hope the whole offense is ready when we go up against San Diego or Denver or Carolina.

Would he still have kept that right if we'd lost?
    No, but thats the difference between winning and losing. I doubt Billick is thinking about benching McNair already, after two subpar performances that still led to wins.

I'm sure Jake Plummer will still be the starter in Denver for atleast another week after his win, that wasn't pretty either.

I am starting to wonder about you guys that still continue to sing Bollers praises, even though McNair is the starter. Do you guys honestly think McNair should be benched for Boller?

No one is saying bench Mcnair. In all this discussion I haven't heard a single person say bench McNair. But heaven forbid there is some legit concern, that happens to be shared by many, and the folks who clammored for yet another QB to pass through get up in arms.

I'm sure Jake Plummer will still be the starter in Denver for atleast another week after his win, that wasn't pretty either.
    Jay Cutler will be the starter by week 8. His days as the Bronco's starter are numbered.

There really shouldn't be a concern about mcnair especially since we have been on the winning side of the last 2 games. I'm happy with the results. When we start losing games because of the way Mcnair plays then we should all discuss the situation but so far he has been just fine and the results are positive.

Chalk up another win for the guys in purple.
    Be happy Baltimore, we finally have a real Quarterback

GOD BLESS RAY LEWIS AND STEVE MCNAIR

Wins are good.

I don't think we should not be concerned. McNair played like ass and if he had been able to hit clearly open recievers, we could have overcome the line blowing goat most of the day.

There were at least 10 poor throws, short hopping, behind guys.

We'll see if it's a fluke. If it's not, I am very concerned.

Wins are good.
    Wins aren't just good,they are everything--and thats all that concerns me.

2 and 0 to start the season, and I give thanks to steve. thank you Mcnair

GOD BLESS RAY LEWIS AND STEVE MCNAIR

Childish responses?
    Why?
    Because they don't agree with you and your premise?

Give me a break...
    If you ask me your whole motivation for starting that thread (and then coming over here to bash the people who responded to you) is childish. I almost locked it as soon as I saw it. It was a fairly obvious attempt to stir the pot...but I was pleased with the civil tone of the majority of people who answered.
    Where at all did I bash anyone that responded to me? The childish remark was made because that's what I got. Yes the poster saying I should get back to servicing Boller was only labeled childish because he didn't agree with me.:grbac:

Oh and please don't say I was trying to stir the pot. I was asking a simple question as to why Mcnair is given a free pass for a bad performance. No hidden agenda here. Just curious as to why the same excuses that were made for Boller are now being made for Mcnair.

Basically this is what it comes down to:

Steve Mcnair: bad game and a win= forget that he was bad and be happy with the win. If we would have lost it would have been the offensive lines fault and Mcnair would still get a free pass from many.

Kyle Boller: bad game and a win= lets harp on the fact that he had a bad game despite getting a win. If we lost that game, this board as well as Ravens Insider would be flooded with threads calling for Bollers head.

You now see the double standard I'm talking about?

And yes I know Mcnair is the better QB. He has all the awards and all. This isn't a debate on who is the better QB. This is a debate on why certain fans are now using the excuses that many Boller huggers were bashed for using.

excuses now being used by haters:

- the offensive line sucked

- 3-4 months for a 12 year veteran is not enough time to learn the playbook.

- Mcnair is still getting used to his receivers despite spending 11 years with Derrick Mason.

- Mcnair still led us to field goals. (Like Kyle Boller hasn't done that)

It's just funny to see the tables turn all of a sudden.

Wins aren't just good,they are everything--and thats all that concerns me.

2 and 0 to start the season, and I give thanks to steve. thank you Mcnair
    Wins are everything unless Kyle Boller was a part of them. Over the past at the other board we could win with Boller at the helm and you as well as others would bash him despite getting a win.

2-0 to start the season, and I give thanks to our defense

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Steve McNair is a known commodity and we know he can play.

Boller is an unknown commodity and despite what the folks who hate him say, we don't know about him and McNair's performance in the pre-season and first 2 games PROVES this. Why? Because McNair is struggling behing our OL as well.

McNair will get better as he gets more time with this team, but his non-acclimation isn't causing him to miss easy throws. It is a sense of rush he feels behind our OL, knowing his time to throw is limited. Given Boller's hyper attitude, it is exaggerated in him.

I think McNair's performance shows Boller is better than his stats here indicate. And one would think the Boller detractors (those who have no faith at all in him) would be best served to probably not say too much at the moment.

McNair is the better option, he stays more calm under that stress and will give us the best leadership but thinking this does not vindicate Boller to some degree I think shows unreasonableness.
    Last edited by Greg; 09-18-2006 at 05:49 PM.