Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Brees just had a 26-41, 353 day with 2 TD's. I think he's acclimated

His QB rating was 67 last week against the Browns.

Weak argument, any idiot knows that QB's in new systems need time to get in sync with thier recievers, it just does'nt happen overnight. You figure just because McNair has been in the league for 12 years, he can pick up a new playbook and know it inside and out in 3 months. McNair was in a new Offense last year, and did'nt get a full grip on it until the middle of the season. Its a tough transition, its almost like being a rookie again, even McNair admitted that after he first came here.

And 2 games or 10 games, overthrowing and shorthopping your recievers, or leading them out of bounds, shouldn't happen if you're a 10 year vet. Now, to go with that, the offensive line gave him NO HELP. But I still to this day don't know why people expected that McNair would make Mike Flynn and Keydrick Vincent better players.
    I guess you did'nt see Mark Brunell is his first year in Washington, he sucked, but after a year in one system, it seemed to click. Now he is in another new system, and sucking again.

Culpepper will never be the same after that knee injury. And can you even name his receivers without looking them up? 7 sacks today. Sound like a familiar team?
    He had a serious knee injury, I guess Carson Palmer will never be the same either? Culpepper did not injure his throwing arm. And naming his recievers, Chris Chambers, Marty Booker and Randy McMichael, not a bad group.
    Last edited by Heap86; 09-18-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Oh I'm sorry Heap. I didn't realize how smart you were and how we were all idiots. Especially when you just summarily dismissed Brees's perfomance today. In synch overnight? Let me put those stats back up for you:

26-41, 353 day with 2 TD's. You think Brees could throw 353 yards out of synch with Joe Horn? But I get it, only an idiot yada-yada.

BTW not that I want to correct you or anything, because only an idiot wouldn't know this, but for getting acclimated to a new system last year, McNair's stat line was:

61.3% for 3161 6.64YPA 16TD/11INT 82.4 rating.

I could see where he was having trouble. His big problem last year was going 4-12. But as some have argued on the other board, he looked pretty good losing.

I guess you did'nt see Mark Brunell is his first year in Washington, he sucked, but after a year in one system, it seemed to click. Now he is in another new system, and sucking again.
    So wait. Boller had a system change when Matt Cavanaugh was fired. But 9-7 was still all his fault. And you come up with Mark Brunell? I didn't realize a system could cause you to over and underthrow recievers and go -16 yards in 2 possessions. But silly me, I must be an idiot.

Culpepper did not injure his throwing arm.
    But Brees did. Didn't have any problems today. Pennington twice and has been out for a good while. Hasn't had much problem throwing the ball.

And if you notice, Carson Palmer hasn't been sacked 7 times in a game since coming back.

Save the insults for YBR.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-18-2006 at 01:47 AM.

Weak argument, any idiot knows that QB's in new systems need time to get in sync with thier recievers, it just does'nt happen overnight.
    It does when you've played with a WR for 11 years. Mcnair all of a sudden needs time to get in sync with Derrick Mason? He sure look in sync with these numbers:

Todd Heap 10 catches
    Derrick Mason- 8 catches
    Mark Clayton- 5 catches

Seems like he in sync with his receivers to me.

There's no reason to make excuses for Mcnair. He had a bad game and that's it. This thread wasn't started to debate between Mcnair and Boller as football players. We all know Mcnair is the better player. The main reason I started it was to compare how people react after a bad game by one of our QB's. It's amazing how different the opinions are. Some are sitting here saying Mcnair struggled, but we still won so we can forget the entire game. Had it been Boller some would be sitting here saying we won, but we have to bash Kyle Boller because he had a bad game.

I could see where he was having trouble. His big problem last year was going 4-12. But as some have argued on the other board, he looked pretty good losing.
    Yeah, Steve McNair was definatly the reason the Titans went 4-12 :grbac:

It had nothing to do with thier lack of Defense? I mean it must be McNair's inability to put up the 30+ points the Titans needed to win games last year.

And you come up with Mark Brunell? I didn't realize a system could cause you to over and underthrow recievers and go -16 yards in 2 possessions. But silly me, I must be an idiot.
    I used Brunell because he was having the same problems McNair is having, did you happen to see the Redskins Offense in 04 with Brunell, the fans were calling for Ramsey almost the entire time he was a starter. He overthrew and underthrew passes just like McNair.

But Brees did. Didn't have any problems today. Pennington twice and has been out for a good while. Hasn't had much problem throwing the ball.
    Why will Culpepper never be the same from a knee injury? Do you know this to be a proven fact? Players bounce back from serious injuries all the time.

Oh I'm sorry Heap. I didn't realize how smart you were and how we were all idiots. Especially when you just summarily dismissed Brees's perfomance today. In synch overnight? Let me put those stats back up for you:

26-41, 353 day with 2 TD's. You think Brees could throw 353 yards out of synch with Joe Horn? But I get it, only an idiot yada-yada.
    Brees had to throw the ball 41 times against the Packers D, and thier O-line gave Brees all day to throw. Does McNair have to throw 300+ yards when our Defense is completely shutting down the opponent, give Brees that big of a lead and see if they have him throwing that much.

You cannot expect New QB's to be perfect right away.

Let's all be happy we walked away with a W. We're 2-0. Mcnair needs a little more time to get in sync. Remember Ozzie dicked around with bringing him in here. We also have a joke of an offensive line. Someone needs to tell the Wizard that being fat is not the only qualification to play o-line in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86
    Yeah, Steve McNair was definatly the reason the Titans went 4-12 :grbac:

It had nothing to do with thier lack of Defense? I mean it must be McNair's inability to put up the 30+ points the Titans needed to win games last year.
    And I suppose the reason we went 6-10 last year had everything to do with Kyle Boller. It had nothing to do with poor O-line play or several key players on the D that were out with injuries.

I fully understand TTRaven's double-standard argument.

7. Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

The reason why Mcnair gets a free ride is:

1. He has played only 2 games and won both. Boller had 3 years to do something and didnt.

2.Mcnair has not looked pretty but none of his mistakes has cost us the game. (ie boller)

3. Untill Mcnair's fumbles, bad throws, actually costs us a game he will get a free ride, just like all great players, their past gives them that. Boller has no past, present, maybe a future if he settles down and learns from mcnair how to avoid the rush.

Childish responses?
    Why?
    Because they don't agree with you and your premise?

Give me a break...
    If you ask me your whole motivation for starting that thread (and then coming over here to bash the people who responded to you) is childish. I almost locked it as soon as I saw it. It was a fairly obvious attempt to stir the pot...but I was pleased with the civil tone of the majority of people who answered.
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.

Double Standard, Huh?

If we won this game with Boller, very few would be questioning Boller's performance, we would just be happy that Boller won the game, Much like his performances in the past. McNair didn't lose us the game, of course he did'nt win it for us either.

McNair also gets a free pass, because a week earlier, he managed to do what Boller in his 3 year career has seldomly done, win a game on the road.

Yeah, Steve McNair was definatly the reason the Titans went 4-12

You just made my point, thank you. You first said McNair had to adjust to a new offense last year, but then said this. This is why TT brought up the double standard. And again, McNair's been in the league so long that he SHOULD be able to pick up an offense and not have the type of game he had yesterday. The illegal procedures you can understand. But come on, even the PLAYERS knew they stunk yesterday. McNair himself knew it.

Why will Culpepper never be the same from a knee injury? Do you know this to be a proven fact? Players bounce back from serious injuries all the time.
    Then you didn't see him gimping around the field after one of his sacks. His mobility is clearly and VISIBLY not the same as it was last year.

Brees had to throw the ball 41 times against the Packers D, and thier O-line gave Brees all day to throw.
    I realize though that this is something Ravens fans don't get to see on Sunday.

Does McNair have to throw 300+ yards when our Defense is completely shutting down the opponent, give Brees that big of a lead and see if they have him throwing that much.
    So it's ok for the offense to go 3 and out 3 times in a row, or twice for negative yardage just because the defense is doing so well? Did you notice that the defense was on the field Sunday for a good chunk of the 3rd quarter? The only reason the Raiders didn't do anything with that is because they happen to suck. We'll see how that goes when we go up against the Bengals or Chargers, so someone without a more anemic offense than us.

If we won this game with Boller, very few would be questioning Boller's performance, we would just be happy that Boller won the game,
    Oh we all here who have been on YBR know that is NOT true, and you know it. Please, Boller never got credit for anything. It would have been the same old "the defense won the game because Boller couldn't do anything". Come on, you guys are making the points for TT.

McNair also gets a free pass, because a week earlier, he managed to do what Boller in his 3 year career has seldomly done, win a game on the road.
    Sorry, if Boller last week only went 17-27 for 181 yards and a single touchdown and the defense blanked TB it would have been the same thing? Show of hands, how many people here were not on YBR before coming here? That arguement doesn't fool anyone.

McNair doesn't get a free pass. He has earned and paid for his pass many times over. A proven sucessful QB has earned the right to have a lousy game without the fans losing their minds about it.

I'm not sure what kind of "pass" you think he's getting. He sucked today, he knew it, the coaches knew it, and the fans know it. Is the suggestion that we should be calling for another QB? If so, that suggestion is silly.

A proven sucessful QB has earned the right to have a lousy game without the fans losing their minds about it.
    Obviously not our fans