Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Do you think Boller wins that game in TB?
    I'll take that one PP. Yes -- Boller at QB this season = 2-0. The Defense won both of those games. The only difference between McNair & Boller may have been that 1st drive at Tampa. So the final may have been 20-7. On the other hand, maybe our offense would have done better with Boller's stronger arm. Don't forget that Boller's preseason play was better than McNair's. Hell - there may have even been a few long balls thrown in the first two games.

Now, all this is irrelevant, since Billick put his job on the line by hiring McNair. Steve can continue to founder in the Red Zone and get QB ratings in the 50s and he will not get yanked unless he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    As for a 7-3 record in 2004 you are correct it was a nice start but then some where in the remaining games came the bengals game where we were torched and when we needed a TD the qb at the helm was not able to deliver.
    That Bengals arguement doesn't hold water. We didn't need a TD, we simply needed a score. And when we needed that score, we got within FG range and went ahead of the Bengals with 1:42 left IN THE GAME. That should have been enough to win the game, and the defense let Carson Palmer and TJ Houshmondazah torch them for almost 60 yards. Same thing they've been doing to other teams all of last year.

If Boller got a TD, and Palmer went down on the very next drive and instead of a FG, THEY got a TD as well, would the blame go to the defense?

If McNair went downfield and got a FG in that same situation, but we lost because the opposing team scored in their 2 minute drive, would you blame him or the defense?

We won 2 games and we scored some TDs. The defense has allowed 6 points in 2 games. lets rejoice. Ravens fans can be critical but at the same time why are we spinning our wheels?
    Because on a better team we will lose like that. And it's the same old offense, just with a new QB. No one who wanted Boller out wants to admit that, even with this past week's performance.

Ok, first off. Heap86, if you want to do that "Are you in love with Boller" shit, go back to YBR where people can attack each other at will. If you're not capable of holding intelligent conversation, please go away.

PurplePoe, you're way too centered to be in these discussions man. :) However, while I agree with many things you are saying, I disagree with one:

I disagree. I have yet to see Boller go into another teams stadium, especially a team with a D like TBs, and sniff a win.
    NY Jets. Neither of our QB's last year could get a win on the road, so he can't take all of that credit. But the Jet's win is not only one where he did do it against a pretty good defense at the time, but went to the line and changed the play and scored a TD, and made a money throw to Kevin Johnson up the middle of the field to get Stover in rage to kick the winning FG.

And I also agree with Mr. T. McNair didn't put up hot numbers against TB, but the defense totally smothered Chris Simms. But let's look at the offensive stuff for a second. TB did exactly what I expected them to do, and exactly what they'd do with Boller in; attack the offensive line.

And remember that first drive was a good dose of Jamal Lewis and Musa Smith as well as Steve's throws. The very next posession they went -7 yards (which is becoming a concern with this offense going backwards two games in a row), then in the next 3 posessions only going 24 yards. Then starting on the TB 9 and only getting a field goal, which again Boller would have gotten raked over the coals for. The Raven's win both these 2 games even if St. Pierre is the QB.

Anyway, the unfortunate thing is that we still have a ? with the OL, and until that gets fixed, we're going to be having discussions like this where we keep questioning our QB's for sub-par performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]I'll take that one PP. Yes -- Boller at QB this season = 2-0. The Defense won both of those games. The only difference between McNair & Boller may have been that 1st drive at Tampa. So the final may have been 20-7. On the other hand, maybe our offense would have done better with Boller's stronger arm. Don't forget that Boller's preseason play was better than McNair's. Hell - there may have even been a few long balls thrown in the first two games.
    Sorry, but I just don't buy that Boller leaves TB with a 64% completion rate, a TD and zero turnovers.

[/QUOTE]NY Jets. Neither of our QB's last year could get a win on the road, so he can't take all of that credit. But the Jet's win is not only one where he did do it against a pretty good defense at the time, but went to the line and changed the play and scored a TD, and made a money throw to Kevin Johnson up the middle of the field to get Stover in rage to kick the winning FG.[/QUOTE]

Yup, you are right. That game was in the middle of the 2004 season. We're now almost 2 years removed from that and finally won another road game.

This team, with Boller and Wright, was absolutely atrocious on the road up until 2 weeks ago.

The main difference from those road losses and now is McNair. Yes, there are other differences but none as big as McNair IMO.Again, he didn't light the world on fire. But he didn't turn the ball over and made the throws when needed. Most people will acknowledge that no matter where they stood on the whole Boller thing.

I can only speak for myself, but if Boller did that in TB, I'd be very happy and content.

I just don't see him not turning the ball over versus that D on the road. I don't see him being able to stay under control when under pressure and bringing us home a winner.

But really, it's a moot point isn't it?

We're 2-0 and our D is ridiculous. Sounds familiar.

It would be nice to talk about what we can do to go 3-0 and come back home looking for a 4-0 start.

But that won't happen in Baltimore!

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe

Even TT acknowledges McNair's poise etc......

I guess my points about McNair needing to improve goes unread by some.

I'll ask you AZ.

Do you think Boller wins that game in TB?

Again, IMO McNair makes us 4 games better than last season and TB was one of those games.

I guess you can't be objective and see things the way they are.

Seems like you must in one corner or the other.

Because McNair is getting plenty of attention around here for his POOR play. He surely isn't getting praised as some would like to think.

PP

Chill guy, why are you getting so lathered about this? McNair is in, Boller is on his way out the door so why get so defensive.
    Do I think Boller wins at TB? If you had asked me that question after week 1 I would have said no way but after seeing TB crap the bed again this week I am wondering just how good they are or are not. Since the defense basically won the TB game anyway maybe he could have.
    It is your opinion that McNair makes us 4 games better. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not sure I agree. I'm sorry, but McNair is not wowing me.
    So, what you're saying is since I don't agree with your assessment of the situation I cannot be objective? Well again, that's your opinion, I think I am being objective. I'm judging by the results and so far as I see it the defense has won two games for us with only marginally better offensive production than last year. You obviously see it differently.
    No, I don't have to be in one corner or the other. I have never been a Boller fan. I hated the pick when we made it because I didn't see the pedigree that warranted taking him that high. I've always viewed him as a project at best. By the same token, I've never been a huge McNair fan. He is an upgrade over Boller but I'm just not that impressed.

Sorry, but I just don't buy that Boller leaves TB with a 64% completion rate, a TD and zero turnovers.
    Why not? He had a 58% completion for all of 2005. He only played under 55% twice, and was at 70% twice. He dinks and dunks just as good as McNair was doing. Wasn't that one of the many complaints against the offense last year?

I can only speak for myself, but if Boller did that in TB, I'd be very happy and content.
    And you've proven that already, so I have no doubt. But you know from experience what would be all over the radio and the message boards from other people if Boller put up the numbers he put up Sunday yet we still won the game. No one would be saying "Hey, we won the game, that's all that matters.".

We're 2-0 and our D is ridiculous. Sounds familiar.
    Yes.

It would be nice to talk about what we can do to go 3-0 and come back home looking for a 4-0 start.
    That's going to happen.

But that won't happen in Baltimore!
    Not if the offense plays like it was sold to play with McNair here. Remember, we're told (not by the Ravens) that Kyle Boller was THE problem with the offense, and now that he's on the sidelines we were going to be an offensive juggernaut; and watch out defenses, Steve McNair is here!

If it comes out and lays another egg or loses on the road, then we're going to be right back here talking about if the QB or the system is to blame.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-19-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Ok, first off. Heap86, if you want to do that "Are you in love with Boller" shit, go back to YBR where people can attack each other at will. If you're not capable of holding intelligent conversation, please go away.
    Excellent response, I guess someone who doesn't agree with you is not capable of holding intelligent conversation.

I just don't understand why some of you guys find the need to take up for Boller constantly, I have never seen so many excuses made up for one human being. I did'nt see that happen for guys like Grbac, Blake, or Redman. Most people agree that most of those guys did suck, but most of you people just look for things to make Boller look good.

Boller hasn't done much of anything, and who knows if he would be a great QB with better play calling and a much better Offensive Line. I guess you guys think that McNair should be benched for Boller, but when and if Boller falls on his face again it will be the Offensive Line and the coaches fault.

I will admit that McNair has not played well so far and I put that mostly on him. He has no excuse to play like he did against Oakland, but I will still give him the benefit of the doubt of being new in the system. You can see that he is still having problems grasping the playbook, and this was expected, he has looked confused at times. I heard alot of you same guys that are now complaining about how McNair has played say when we picked him up ,that he would likely have trouble at the beginning of the year, but now you guys say that there should be no excuses for him and that he outright sucks.

Double Standard?

Excellent response, I guess someone who doesn't agree with you is not capable of holding intelligent conversation.
    No Heap, you don't get it. That "gay for Boller" shit is exactly what we DON'T do here. That's not intelligent conversation.

If it comes out and lays another egg or loses on the road, then we're going to be right back here talking about if the QB or the system is to blame.
    Here is where I would say the "QB gets a pass". If we lose and we continue to play like we have in the past then the only person you blame is the Head coach. No one else. Mcnair still has earned a pass given his history. It would have to be the system if Mcnair can't turn this around.

So far aquiring a seasoned pro like McNair is paying off. 2 -0 is the best way to start off the season and none of you guys are going to spoil that no matter how hard you try.

Not if the offense plays like it was sold to play with McNair here. Remember, we're told (not by the Ravens) that Kyle Boller was THE problem with the offense, and now that he's on the sidelines we were going to be an offensive juggernaut; and watch out defenses, Steve McNair is here!
    Good Lord!!

I am starting to wonder if you are Boller, it sounds like you take it as a personal insult when someone bashes him.

I, like most other Ravens fans will admit that Kyle Boller was not the total problem on Offense, but he was not helping the cause, obviously the FO saw that and took action.

My question to you is will you still be a Ravens fan when and If Kyle Boller moves on?

Mcnair still has earned a pass given his history.
    Sorry Crazy. ESPECIALLY given his history, yesterday's performance was unacceptable. Sorry Crazy, going backwards in consecutive drives, starting inside the opponents 9 yard line and only getting a field goal, or being in your opponent's 40 3 times in a row and only getting 9 points is unacceptable for a quarterback of Steve McNair's history.

Are you telling us that if Boller went 2-0 with those same stats, and watching that offense on Sunday actually go backwards twice in a row, you would be saying the same thing? My experience with the forum you don't want to bring up anymore says no my friend.

And again, Heap, you don't get it. So now I'm Boller? Go back to YBR dude. Just go back there and enjoy yourself. Otherwise welcome to my ignore list. PM me when you can drop all the rest of the crap.

And again, Heap, you don't get it. So now I'm Boller? Go back to YBR dude. Just go back there and enjoy yourself. Otherwise welcome to my ignore list.
    It was a humerous Exageration, get a Grip :grbac:

I am just so curious to the fact that you see the need to constantly take up for Boller, is that so hard to understand?

I guess I will never know
    Last edited by Heap86; 09-19-2006 at 10:33 PM.