Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

I agree. This is unproductive, so let's drop it and move on.
    You let me know how you feel, and I let you know how I feel. From my perspective, however, I am trying very hard to restore the civility over there everyone seems to miss...with the help of some very good people.

I'm also really, really sick of the Boller Wars.

Let's just watch MNF and cheer for the Jags...even though I picked the Steelers on Pick 'Em. :lol
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.

Let's just watch MNF and cheer for the Jags...even though I picked the Steelers on Pick 'Em. :lol
    You got that right. I got a chance at some big money in my vegas pick 'em if the Jaguars win.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad2099
    I agree. This is unproductive, so let's drop it and move on.
    You let me know how you feel, and I let you know how I feel. From my perspective, however, I am trying very hard to restore the civility over there everyone seems to miss...with the help of some very good people.

I'm also really, really sick of the Boller Wars.

I appreciate the resolution but I'd ask in the future when you use the word YOU in your post, DON'T! That makes it personal. We don't do personal. By the way, the fact that someone goes personal first doesn't absolve anyone else from going personal. All parties will be subject to warnings and bans.

Ah, the double standard is alive and well.

McNair is a 10 year vet, a NFL Co-MVP and has had to get used to new systems multiple times. NTM, we are paying this guy $33M.

He should get VERY LITTLE SLACK. The "learning the system" is just an excuse for poor play.

The Bucs and Oakland have very bad defenses, yet McNair can't put up 200+ yards passing? A poor throw had absolutely NOTHING to do with "learning the system". It's called poor execution...something a 10 year vet with McNair's career numbers shouldn't have.

When will the Boller Bashers understand the fact that the OL and the offensive system is THE PROBLEM with this offense? We've had 8 QBs...and Billick's system has destroyed them all.

I'm just going to sit back and watch the excuses for McNair fly. I'm sure that there will be some doozies too. It won't matter though, because with Flynn and Vincent, McNair is on borrowed time.

McNair gets a free pass from me, because:

He's a Pro-Bowl Veteran
    CO-MVP of the league
    Took his team to the Super Bowl and was seconds away from winning it.

'Nuff said!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Took his team to the Super Bowl and was seconds away from winning it.
    Actually, tying it unless you are assuming they go for two and get it.

We won the game. holy moly with this already...plus we are keeping pace with cinni.

pile on McNair when he loses a game or two? OK he didn't have a great game but he did enough to help win it. It seem like people are just creating an issue.

Bury the hatchet already and lets root for all the ravens.

McNair gets a free pass from me, because:
    Can't agree.

McNair laid an egg. No one gets a free pass with a 58 QB rating, considering that his team was leading relatively comfortably the entire game, with a power running game to relieve pressure on the passing game, and a world class defense & special teams repeatedly setting up great field position. I would expect a 58 rating from a rookie playing catch-up, not a vet who just got handed a $33 million check to "fix" the Ravens passing game.

But Mista T, all of a sudden, the QB rating will no longer magically matter to anyone because it's Steve McNair.

Remember, Steve McNair was going to make defenses pay for the blitz, nevermind other teams blitz us so much because they know they can get through the line.

Remember, Steve McNair was so good, that just by being in the huddle he was going to make Mike Flynn, Keydrick Vincent, and Tony Pashos better. I think yesterday we could put that to bed too.

Remember all the woes of the team, win or loss were Kyle Boller's fault the last 3 years. All the above mentioned problems that Steve just experienced last night, somehow last year that was because of Boller, and McNair would make it better.

I said last week before this game even happened I was concerned. Steve McNair earned his MVP, and he earned the right to be called an elite QB. But to think he was the answer to our problems has always make me shake my head. And to Crazy, my friend had we played Cincy in week 1 or 2, we could easily right now be 1-1. And while I think we can sit back on Cleveland because they are worse than last year, once we start playing real NFL teams, 58 QB ratings aren't going to do it.

And just like Kyle Boller, that 58 rating won't be totally Steve's fault. But what will it matter anyway? The fans all thought the OL was magically going to improve.

And to Crazy, my friend had we played Cincy in week 1 or 2, we could easily right now be 1-1. And while I think we can sit back on Cleveland because they are worse than last year, once we start playing real NFL teams, 58 QB ratings aren't going to do it.
    Your too confident that we will lose. I rather think our defense will overwhelm the Bengals and our offense will do enough to win. Our other QB had that opportunity, and failed. That's why we are paying the big money to another qb. I say he can get the job done and keep the Bengals off the field long enough for the defense to be effective.

I'm enjoying the season, I'm surprised many are not.

GOD BLESS RAY LEWIS AND STEVE MCNAIR

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    Bury the hatchet already and lets root for all the ravens.
    That's pretty funny, crazy -- when a lot of us said that last year, we were called huggers (and a lot of other things too).

I'm enjoying the season, I'm surprised many are not.
    Huh?

We have been critical of QB performances in Baltimore almost every year since I was a kid. Even the only two top-notch QBs we've ever seen: Johnny U and Bert Jones - were not spared. We enjoyed every step of the way to SB XXXV, but you may recall that there was a lot of criticism of Trent Dilfer.

So, please, let's not get get into speculation as to how other fans are enjoying the season while we debate the QB getting a free pass after a mediocre performance. Winning, ugly or not, is winning.