Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

I posted this over on the Ravens Insider board and got the usual childish responses. I figured I should post it over here and see what everyone thinks.

Why is Mcnair given a free pass for his poor performance today? Had that been Kyle Boller out there, this board would be swamped with threads trashing Boller. Why is there such a double standard when it comes to QB's here in Baltimore?

Now please don't give me that crap about Mcnair not knowing the playbook. He has had plenty of time by now to learn the system. It seemed like all the passes were headed in the direction they were supposed to go, but most were underthrown or overthrown. I know the line sucked today, but it sucked for every other QB that has been here.

Please lets try and keep this civil. I'm not trying to start a Boller war. I'm glad Mcnair is here and I know he is the better QB. Just a little curious as to why Mcnair is not being given the Boller treatment for having a Boller type game.

Here's to being 2-0 even if we beat 2 poor teams they are still NFL teams with NFL talent. Let's kick some clownie ass next Sunday!
    I'm pretty sure you can imagine why I bolded what I did. Try and guess what the thread has/will turn into. Here's the link if you want to check out some of the responses:

http://mb14.scout.com/fravensinsider...ID=45991.topic

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Because they are not the same player and do not deserve to be judged by the same standards.

Steve = Proven winner
    Kyle = Proven loser

McNair has had two games, Boller has had 3 years.

If he plays like he did today for the rest of the season, his free pass goes out the window.

McNair is a proven winner, who has not always looked great, but has gotten the job done.

Kyle = Proven loser
    Based on win/loss record? Errr.....

Come on, this crap gets rediculous every time it even comes up.

TTRaven, what did you expect? I didn't even click on the link and I could imagine what was being said. People forget McNair has been in the league 10 years. So this whole McNair=Proven Winner, Kyle=Proven Loser continues to be laughable. I'd hope in 10 years McNair could win something.

Based on win/loss record? Errr.....

Come on, this crap gets rediculous every time it even comes up.
    It's a dumb comparison no matter what measure you use.

Yet another in a long list of reasons I won't be posting on that board again.

The reason that most fans are going crazy is that it's just the second game. If he continues to suck, people are going to start fussing a little bit louder.

I'll flat out say McNair sucked today, and I'm not really surprised about it. I've told people for years that this system was a QB killer.
    Last week the offense was responsible for 10 points.
    This week they were responsible for 14.

However, we're winning thanks to the defense, and I'll take it. So I'm willing to give the offense two more weeks before I start getting ticked.

Now there are "fans" over there, and a few who unfortunatetly found their way over here, who simply hate Kyle Boller. McNair could go 0-14 the rest of the way with 50 INTS and these "fans" would still be singing his praises because he's not Kyle. That's where you get the double standard.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

It's a dumb comparison no matter what measure you use.
    Nono, you said Kyle was a proven loser. I want to finally hear what this reasoning is. It can't be his win/loss record because he has more wins than losses. It can't be a season record because he's 5-4, 9-7, 4-4 respectively. I just want to know.

McNair is a 10 year vet. You can't compare Michel Vick to him either, or Eli Manning, or half the young QB's around the league.

McNair has had two games, Boller has had 3 years.
    So the fact that he's been in the league 3 times longer than Boller doesn't mean anything?

Nono, you said Kyle was a proven loser. I want to finally hear what this reasoning is. It can't be his win/loss record because he has more wins than losses. It can't be a season record because he's 5-4, 9-7, 4-4 respectively. I just want to know.
    For me it's the fact that Boller's best year (71.8QBR) is only slightly better than Mac's worst year (70.4QBR).

Add to that the intagible factors like leadership and you have no contest.

So the fact that he's been in the league 3 times longer than Boller doesn't mean anything?
    I love it how some of you guys dismiss the fact that McNair has played two regular season games with this team and has been in this system for 3 months. How many new QB's have looked good this season so far? Culpepper, Collins, Brees, Kitna? None of them have looked good, see the trend. McNair never got in sync with his new offense last year in Tennessee, it may take him most of this year to get on the same page.

I gave Boller his free pass the first 2 years of his career, but he still seemed to have the same problems year after year.

For me it's the fact that Boller's best year (71.8QBR) is only slightly better than Mac's worst year (70.4QBR).

Add to that the intagible factors like leadership and you have no contest.
    You're ducking the question again. You said Kyle was a proven loser. I've given you the only stats you can use to gauge that.

And you forgot to mention that Steve's first 2 years were on the bench learning how to play.

We know McNair is a proven winner. He's had 10 years to do it. That's not what you originally said though.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    You're ducking the question again. You said Kyle was a proven loser. I've given you the only stats you can use to gauge that.

And you forgot to mention that Steve's first 2 years were on the bench learning how to play.
    I honestly have no idea what you're arguing here Sting, but try bringing up McNairs third year stats.

That generally ticks the Haters off more than anything.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

How many new QB's have looked good this season so far? Culpepper, Collins, Brees, Kitna?
    Culpepper will never be the same after that knee injury. And can you even name his receivers without looking them up? 7 sacks today. Sound like a familiar team?

Jon Kitna isn't as good as you think he is. One miracle year in Cincy was about it. But BTW Kitna was 23-30 with 230 yards today. He just couldn't throw touchdowns.

Brees just had a 26-41, 353 day with 2 TD's. I think he's acclimated.

And 2 games or 10 games, overthrowing and shorthopping your recievers, or leading them out of bounds, shouldn't happen if you're a 10 year vet. Now, to go with that, the offensive line gave him NO HELP. But I still to this day don't know why people expected that McNair would make Mike Flynn and Keydrick Vincent better players.