Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Even on this board, there are people who insist on continuing to talk about a QB who hasn't thrown a single pass and has hardly seen the field at all. Like Art said, follow you own advice and let it go
    Who are these people you are talking about? The only people are who talking about the other QB are the ones who defend him till death and want to make unreasonable comparisons to one of the leagues most celebrated QBs. The fact is the original posters (and hard core boller lovers) real aim is to bash anyone who went after the other QB. Most people are just happy we are 3-0 and that we have a leaders on both sides of the ball. Those who have an ax to grind are the ones who are the most vocal in this tread.

Again were 3-0 and some people are walking around here calling mcnair names like McBoller. knock yourselves out I guess but it just stinks from my prospective.

GOD BLESS RAY LEWIS AND STEVE MCNAIR

FYI, McNair's stats for these three games are pretty darned close to his career stats so everyone needs to get used to this. He doesn't play much better. But he plays well enough to win.

CAREER

83.1 rating 195 yds/game 59.4% 1 TD per 25 att 1 int/38 att 1.12 TD/GM

78.3 rating 196 yds/game 55.4% 1 TD per 33 att 1 int/101 att 1 TD/GM

BTW, aside from a couple of seasons his stats have been fairly consistently low. But his wins have been consistently high.

Dabruise's stats don't lie.

It's what McNair does.

McNair has done pretty much exactly what I thought he'd do. Not make any big mistakes, buy himself some time in the pocket, avoid sacks, and win games.

Does his play need to improve? Absolutely.

We'll get a real sense of exactly what we're made of this Sunday.

PP

aside from a couple of seasons his stats have been fairly consistently low. But his wins have been consistently high.
    Eddie George.

And don't forget which team had the NFL's #1 ranked defense in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Eddie George.

Cmon Ted.

GB had the top ranked Pass D last year too. You think they were the best Pass D in the league?

And McNair went to the SB in 99.

Of course you have to be surrounded by good players to make a deep playoff run.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You missed what he was saying. What FH said was 100% true. We were told the following:

1) McNair would make the OL look and play better. Hasn't happened.

2) With McNair on the field, gone would be the days of 8 men in the box. Hasn't happened.

3) Under McNair, we would finally finish drives with touchdowns instead of having to settle for field goals. Definitely hasn't happened.
    I don't know. The OL hasn't looked good, but when you look at the stats, they haven't looked terrible either. Only 5 sacks given up in 3 games. In general, I think it's too early to start tearing the Ravens down. You simply can't argue with 3-0.

I am notsaying that the O is playing perfectly and I can certainly agree with the first two points, but i sincerely believe that the third point is a result is shitty playcalling and not because of personel.

Mob, if you want to believe this offense is so radically different that it's the reason we're 3-0, and not because of our defense, that's ok. But yesterday's and last Sunday's performance will NOT win us games in the next 4 weeks. It just won't.

And for all this talk of McNair elevating the play of the OL, which is what we were told, Pashos and Vincent are still good for a drive killing penalty every game. Mike Flynn still can't lock down the middle. And we still can't give receivers time to get open and go downfield.
    Again, I don't think it's as bad as you are making it seem. Burgess is no joke (neither are the Bucs despite how their O has played) and over all I think the pass protection has been adequate. Not great, but adequate. It's the run blocking that I think needs some serious work. Has Mac made an impact on the OL? We may never know since there is very little to compare it against. Game 3 is too early to say IMHO.

And for the last time, Matt Stover pulled our ass out of the fire with an out-of-the-normal-range field goal. Perhaps if 2nd and 3rd down weren't incomplete passes, maybe Stover would only have had to kick a 35-40 yarder instead of a monster 52 yarder.
    Talk about a double standard. Mac gets all the blame for the poor red zone play but gets NO credit for the come from behind win? Please, you are starting to lose me Stinger.

Sorry, I refuse to bury my head in the sand and pretend this offense has gotten better simply because we're 3-0 against teams with a combined 0-8 record. If we were playing NO last night, they would have torn us apart. If we were playing Seattle Sunday it would have been over by halftime.
    You don't have to bury your head in the sand, but the truth is (look it up @ nfl.com) this O HAS gotten better when compared to where we were just one year ago. Maybe they just haven't gotten better enough for your standards. I am OK with that, but you should realize that they are improving and maybe have a little patience.

You don't exite me and prove to me this offense has turned around by scoring 3 points in the first half.
    I get the feeling that nothing short of the 50pt/500yrd game that I referenced earlier would excite you. This isn't fantasy football. Slow and steady DOES win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    Who are these people you are talking about? The only people are who talking about the other QB are the ones who defend him till death and want to make unreasonable comparisons to one of the leagues most celebrated QBs.
    I am confused by this too. Who are you guys talking about?
    Last edited by Mobtown; 09-26-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Eddie George.

That's exactly why there's reason for optimism for our team this year.

Stinger and Mobtown, I'd suggest getting away from the personal, one-on-one discussions. That's a slippery slope and here it's two strikes and your out.

Hrmf......And we were being good. :(

What if we talked in the third person? ;)

I'm not knocking McNair at all...

I think he is brilliant for this organization, the only thing was, I thought he might be having an off game on Sunday and things just weren't going right...

I guess, I watch so much football (soccer) and when a star striker is having an off game he may be substituted, its not a bad thing, just isn't his day!

I have just GOT to get myself one of these crystal balls that allows you to see what WOULD HAVE happened in the past if so and so...

Amazon? Newegg? Maybe Wal-Mart.

Speculations are just like opinions, and we all know about those.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    I WAS NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO WAS TEARING BOLLER DOWN. I HAVE BEEN A SUPPORTER OF KYLE BOLLER SINCE BEFORE HE WAS DRAFTED.

If you believed the 100 (where ever you pulled that # from FH) people who told you that Mac was going to light up the sky and turn us into the #1 O in the league...well, I am sorry for you and all I can say is that you should have had more realistic expectations and maybe even have done some research on your own instead of believing a bunch of Monday QBs (myself included) on a message board. I certainly don't remember the coaching staff or FO saying any such thing.
    Mobtown, I'm not accusing you of tearing anyone down. Sorry if that's the way it sounds. My points are still valid though as Stinger pointed out.

And thanks for the tip about not believing people. I never said I did. But most of the fanbase sure did and most of the fanbase has stated how they thought Boller was the beginning and end of the offensive problems. If you can't admit that then you haven't been reading the boards, the newspaper or listening to the radio for the last 2 years. The coaching staff and players weren't exactly feint in their prasie for McNair either.

I don't recall ever saying McNair would make us the #1 offense in the league either. WE WERE TOLD THAT A NEW QB WOULD MAKE THE OLINE BETTER AND GET TDS RATHER THAN FGS. This has not been the case and it won't it cut it against the better teams in the league.

I've done plenty of "research" on football. My research here tells me this team has been a QB graveyard since Billick got here. It tells me that the Oline has been getting worse for years and the FO has been ineffective in improving it. It tells me that if you can't win in the trenches you probably aren't going to go far as a team.

FHRaven

On a side note, I just noticed how this board puts a link to the posts you quote in your post. Very nice!

FHRaven