Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast

Re: Why does Mcnair get a free pass?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Funny Crazy, you bitched about Boller everytime he won. It's amusing that you can't apply the same standards to ALL Ravens QBs.

Keep thinkin' that McNair is the answer for the offense. Newsflash, he's not. Just go back to your "ball watching" and keep those McNair Pimpin' Glasses on, ok?

I'm sure in a few weeks, after the Ravens actually play the cream of the NFL instead of the dregs, and lose because this pathetic offense, that you finally see the truth. Then again, maybe not.
    Why do you care so much about what I thought about when boller was in? Why are you and so many others so hung up on this. Move along already with the Boller war garbage. For now its over, lay down your arms for god sakes. Mcnair is here. You should be happy we have him. :usa:

Here's something for you to chew on, If boller won 3 games in a row to start the season I would be very happy with him. As I would with any QB who could lead the team to such a marvelous starting record. I want this team to win and right now we are winning. You can't argue with success...that is unless you have an ax to grind.

I say you should stop with your chicken little philosophy and get with the rest of us and enjoy the wins. Also Why can't The Ravens be the cream of the crop? They have played well as a Team and this is something they havent done in a very long time. Don't be such a downer.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Here's something for you to chew on, If boller won 3 games in a row to start the season I would be very happy with him.

That's Real Clever and "civil", HW. Please play by the rules and stop the childish games. I am here to talk Ravens football with out being insulted. This is not YBR, and I intend to stick to the rules of each forum I join then again you have already been warned by the mods. If you have something to debate me about then by all means lets have at it. If you don't kindly but out.

Man this thread has gotten fun to watch. It's been hard to take it seriously the last page or so. But on the good side I finally found my sitting-back-eating-popcorn-watching-the-show picture.

But I HAVE to ask, I don't know why......

If boller won 3 games in a row to start the season I would be very happy with him.
    I don't remember you being happy with Boller when he was 7-3 in 2004. Were you?

I don't remember you being happy with Boller when he was 7-3 in 2004. Were you?
    Ok since you asked like a gentleman...Yes I was happy when he was 7-3 but lets not forget he didnt start the season 3-0 (thats a big difference), I will have to say I didn't have a negative thing to say for the first year or so. I actually was at the Jets game and was able to stick it in the face to the boys back home in NY.

If your looking at a point in time where I became discouraged and vocal about Boller, it was after the home Bengals game (2004). I could no longer keep a straight face when defending him. I remember defending Dilfer the same way but at least he won 7 straight regular season games and 4 playoffs games. McNair gets the same love and he gets a few free pass only because of who he is and what the team has accomplished so far.

<---btw i love this

he gets a few free pass only because of who he is and what the team has accomplished so far.
    My compliments, Crazy! I believe that you are the first to admit that you are actually giving Mcnair a free pass.

All I had heard from others to date was: "it's the OL" , or "he's still learning the system", or (my favorite) "ignore the shitty performance, the weak arm, and the stats: it's the intangibles".

I got that picture from another forum. I've been dying to use it here. :)

If your looking at a point in time where I became discouraged and vocal about Boller, it was after the home Bengals game (2004). I could no longer keep a straight face when defending him.
    And I'll never understood that for two reasons. Everyone praises McNair for going downfield and making Stover kick his leg off to win the game. In fact, the cameras didn't pick up Stover hopping 100 yards downfield to go retrieve his kicking leg from the field. And that's great because we won.

Yet, Baltimore is behind Cincinatti in the 4th quarter in much the same way, with the 2 minute warning coming up. Boller gets Stover in field goal range, and takes 4 minutes off the clock doing it. Stover then kicks what should have been the winning field goal with a simple 1:42 left in the game. Carson Palmer then drives on our defense 60 yards and they kick the winning FG, after taking a 8 yard sack on 1st down. Forget Will Demps for getting burned for 32 and 11 yards. And forget that 22 yard pass to Chad Johnson. Some people don't seem remember that drive. They just blame it on Boller.

So my two questions remain.

1) If the defense had stopped Cincinatti (and thereby we would have been in the playoffs), would that have affected your opinion? After all, if they stopped Cincy, then Boller would have on his previous drive gotten Stover in range to win the game, right?

2) If Stover misses his 52 yard field goal, who would you have blamed for the loss at Cleveland last week?

After those questions get answered, I'm out of this discussion as it is overly redundant and meaningless (not specifically with you Crazy, just in general).

So my two questions remain.

1) If the defense had stopped Cincinatti (and thereby we would have been in the playoffs), would that have affected your opinion? After all, if they stopped Cincy, then Boller would have on his previous drive gotten Stover in range to win the game, right?
    During that season we got a lot out of the defense. They were winning games for the most part. That last FG by the ravens should have been a TD. It should have been a statement game for Boller, or as people have said in this very thread, the lights should have come on. That game was so important on so many levels but we let a win slip away at home against an up and coming team. Instead the offense with boller at the helm relied on the defense to hold the fort yet again. If that TD was made, the Game was over.

Now had the defense held Cincy--well that's just a hypothetical that clearly doesn't have anything to do with my opinion on Boller. Simply put, he really hadn't play well (except maybe the Jets game). It just got to the point were purple glasses just weren't working anymore or as Popeye would say, "That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more".

2) If Stover misses his 52 yard field goal, who would you have blamed for the loss at Cleveland last week
    Stover made the FG. Mcnair drove the team down and put him in position (regardless of the length) to kick a winning FG. Stover has been solid for so many years but still he is a kicker and is suppose to make these types of pressure cooker kicks. Kickers are on the shortest leash so if they miss FGs they feel the heat.

Those were two very excellent non-answers Crazy.

How about a come from behind win, something he has done many times in his career (20+) in the 4th QTR.and people are bitching.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it.

On the other hand, had it not been for the mediocre QB play for 3/4ths of the game, trailing 3-14 after many passes in the dirt and over the heads or behind the receivers, there would have been no need for the dramatic comeback. Moreover, failing to complete either of the final two passes with a few seconds remaining placed all the burden on Stover, whose toe was more significant to the win than Mcnair's arm.

I'm sure in a few weeks, after the Ravens actually play the cream of the NFL instead of the dregs, and lose because this pathetic offense, that you finally see the truth.
    GKB: the Nazis executed German citizens in WW II for "defeatism".

Hopefully, our Defense can keep bailing us out until McNair "learns the system". ;) It worked in 2000 with an approximately equally rated QB, and it can happen again today.:grbac:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That last FG by the ravens should have been a TD.
    Really, he actually led two drives to FGs in that 4th quarter. The last 3 plays called by the OC were 3 runs up the gut on both drives. The philosophy of the coaches was, "Okay, let's kick the 3 and let our defense win this thing." That is not Boller's fault. He didn't throw a pick in the end zone or miss an easy pass for a TD, he got the team, TWICE, into FG position and our dominating defense collapsed SEVERAL times in that 4th quarter. He wasn't asked to get a TD.

When we needed the TD in New York he got it, when we needed the FG against Houston, he got it.

McNair is the better QB and option right now, but claiming Boller couldn't have done what McNair did against the Browns is a load of crap. He did it against the Texans.

Really, he actually led two drives to FGs in that 4th quarter. The last 3 plays called by the OC were 3 runs up the gut on both drives. The philosophy of the coaches was, "Okay, let's kick the 3 and let our defense win this thing." That is not Boller's fault. He didn't throw a pick in the end zone or miss an easy pass for a TD, he got the team, TWICE, into FG position and our dominating defense collapsed SEVERAL times in that 4th quarter. He wasn't asked to get a TD.
    Let's look at that last series in Cincy for a second:

1-10-CIN20 (2:40) J.White right tackle to CIN 14 for 6 yards (B.Simmons).

2-4-CIN14 (2:00) C.Taylor left tackle to CIN 17 for -3 yards (Lan.Moore, K.Hardy).

3-7-CIN17 (1:56) C.Taylor up the middle to CIN 24 for -7 yards.

PENALTY on BLT-C.Rabach, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 17 - No Play.

3-17-CIN27 (1:50) K.Boller pass incomplete to T.Taylor.

4-17-CIN27 (1:44) M.Stover 45 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Maese, Holder-N.Murphy.

Run for -3, then run for -7 and on top of that a penalty, suprise suprise. 2nd and 4 trying to run the clock down became 3rd and 17 before anyone knew it. And yet they were in position for Stover to kick the go ahead field goal, which he did. But somehow it's Boller's fault they lost that game. It wasn't the defenses fault at all.