Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Visiting Heinz field on saturday

Parking recommendation: Station Square Mall, have a few drinks at the Marriott, catch the ferry to the stadium. Have another drink on the boat. It's hassle free & cheap.

Steelers fans from Pittsburgh are mostly good sports & great tailgaters -- the only resemblance to the local inbreds who visit our stadium is that they also twirl the yellow rags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    just got back from KC and when we were leaving the stadium some guy drove by opened his window and threw a beer bottle at us and drove off. KC fans were great but like everyone said there is always an asshole. Don't act like a moron and you should be fine, but there are idiots everywhere.
    We had one Chieftain who was about 6'5", standing almost the entire first half, kept looking over his shoulder to assure himself that he was blocking my view, then baiting me with Ray Lewis murderer cheap talk. Fortunately, there was an empty seat next to the others in my party in the row behind, so I moved midway thru the 1st Q. He kept trying to irritate us, but could no longer block our view. Finally, one of the more mature Chiefies below us tapped him on the shoulder and said "would you please sit down and shut the fuck up so we can enjoy the game, or I'll call security?". Ass hole sat, disappeared at half time, and I bought the other guy a beer.

Outside of that one: great fans both at the stadium and the sports bars. Similar to fans from Southern cities.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-11-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

There really is nothing like going to an away game. It's great fun. Especially when your team wins, which is often for me. I've been to games by myself and haven't had any problems. I am a fairly big guy at 6'7" though.

A little good natured trash talk is entertaining more than anything.

I will say that although not football related, a Washington Capitals fan at the winter classic supposedly punched an Pens fan and got the shit beat out of him.

I have never seen a Ravens fan (or any other fan for that matter) attacked at Heinz Field.

I thought the PIT fans in Pittsburgh were okay. Common sense rules apply.

KC fans were generally OK. WxKevin and I had a beer thrown at us (missed, hit a Chiefs fan two rows down). With 4 minutes left we had a seat back thrown at us from 10 rows up, just missed. We took that as a cue to move down to the lower bowl and celebrate with the rest of the Ravens fans at the Ravens' bench. Outstanding!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I believe we saw Kevin standing a few rows back at the end with a Ravens flag.

We were both standing next to a couple guys holding up a "You're in RAVENS Country" flag about 4 rows back.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Nope, this guy was holding a Ravens flag but the fans were well into the background so it was hard to make folks out. His haircut looked like Kevin's and Amy thought it was him and to me it looked possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nope, this guy was holding a Ravens flag but the fans were well into the background so it was hard to make folks out. His haircut looked like Kevin's and Amy thought it was him and to me it looked possible.
    If the guy you saw was an extremely handsome dude, that was me

There was a larger number of asshole fans at the KC game then I was expecting. We had less trouble at the AFCC game in 2008 in Pitt than this Chiefs game.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    If the guy you saw was an extremely handsome dude, that was me

There was a larger number of asshole fans at the KC game then I was expecting. We had less trouble at the AFCC game in 2008 in Pitt than this Chiefs game.
    Well it's not as if they needed to focus on the actual GAME after halftime!

9. Re: Visiting Heinz field on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I thought the PIT fans in Pittsburgh were okay. Common sense rules apply.

KC fans were generally OK. WxKevin and I had a beer thrown at us (missed, hit a Chiefs fan two rows down). With 4 minutes left we had a seat back thrown at us from 10 rows up, just missed. We took that as a cue to move down to the lower bowl and celebrate with the rest of the Ravens fans at the Ravens' bench. Outstanding!
    1st post --

you must have been sitting up in the 307-308 ish area or there was another seat back issue as i saw an usher holding one as we walked down the ramp.

i was actually surprised at the amount of asshole KC fans. there seemed to be no middle ground -- super nice or complete d*ck. We had a helluva time with the fans around us in 308. Ended up with some hugs from a couple women, some f-you's from the guy i shared fries with, and some guys who wouldnt leave the section until we did (actually got beer throw at him from a KC fan)

All in all a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by notfast View Post
    1st post --

you must have been sitting up in the 307-308 ish area or there was another seat back issue as i saw an usher holding one as we walked down the ramp.

i was actually surprised at the amount of asshole KC fans. there seemed to be no middle ground -- super nice or complete d*ck. We had a helluva time with the fans around us in 308. Ended up with some hugs from a couple women, some f-you's from the guy i shared fries with, and some guys who wouldnt leave the section until we did (actually got beer throw at him from a KC fan)

All in all a good time.
    We were in 317. We let the yellow jackets know on the way out. Not to get anyone in trouble but to ensure the safety of everyone left in that section.

This picture (on the Sun website) is after the game. I am the one in the jacket and purple baseball hat turned towards the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    This picture (on the Sun website) is after the game. I am the one in the jacket and purple baseball hat turned towards the flag.

This must have been when I went closer to the field to yell like a little girl at the Ravens players.

At least this picture captured your best side