Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: OT- Jets @ Colts

Not too shabby.

Watching the Colts scream for flags every other play confirmed that I had no interest in them or their kind advancing any further -- revenge scenario or not. The less I see teams constantly bitching about flags, the better. Shut up and play already.

Likewise for Brady. The sooner that ass-clown is gone, the better. I understand he's a great player, but when your act devolves down to calling for flags on plays where you're not actually touched, you've lost all entertainment value. Again, I've said it before, but I can at least respect the Steelers to the extent that they don't jump up making flag gestures after every incomplete pass. I just can't watch this "throw a flag" shit for three hours.

They need to make that gesture an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If they could get rid of end zone celebrations and the "throat slash", they can stamp out the "throw a flag, ref" move too. Back it up 15 yards, bitch!!!!!

Well, now I have to go take an acid shower to get the dirty scumbag feeling I have from rooting for the Jets. UGH!!

I feel so filthy!!

Easy way to get that gesture out of football.

Make up a new penalty, anytime someone makes that gesture its a 5 yard penalty for "whining."

You'd only have to call it for a week before they all stop.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

A Harm City AFC title game just became a little less of a longshot. I love the Jets like Rex loves feet, so long as they are not playing the Ravens. Also watching Indy lose is always nice, especially in heartbreaking type games.

Watching 2 favorites fall today sort of makes me nervous, but on the other hand favorites should go at least 50/50 and I have us and Philly going on tommorow.

:T2:

Blog Entries

This was really funny to hear...So apparently, Mark Sanchez set a record last night. With his 3rd playoff win...He became....THE WINNINGEST NYJ QB IN POSTSEASON HISTORY.

Yeah, a franchise who has been around since the dawn of the Super Bowl era has only won 11 playoff games. 3 from Sanchez, 2 from Namath, 2 from Pennington, and 2 from Richard Todd...plus 2 more from other QBs.

By comparison, in just 15 years, we have 8 playoff wins.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Lets win tomorrow and stay healthy, and I think we have a shot, but if we go into Shittsburgh and lose it will suck.
    Yeah it hurts a lot if we lose to the Steelers. I don't think that will happen. I think we beat KC rather easily today then beat Pittsburgh next week.

But just in case we beat KC and lose to Pittsburgh, at least the Steelers would probably have to go to Foxborough to meet the Pats, who just about always beat the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Not too shabby.

Watching the Colts scream for flags every other play confirmed that I had no interest in them or their kind advancing any further -- revenge scenario or not. The less I see teams constantly bitching about flags, the better. Shut up and play already.

Likewise for Brady. The sooner that ass-clown is gone, the better. I understand he's a great player, but when your act devolves down to calling for flags on plays where you're not actually touched, you've lost all entertainment value. Again, I've said it before, but I can at least respect the Steelers to the extent that they don't jump up making flag gestures after every incomplete pass. I just can't watch this "throw a flag" shit for three hours.

They need to make that gesture an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If they could get rid of end zone celebrations and the "throat slash", they can stamp out the "throw a flag, ref" move too. Back it up 15 yards, bitch!!!!!
    Agreed. I hate when players cry for flags. I even cringe when our guys do it. Not only does it make them look like babies, its a waste of time. Very rarely will a flag come out that long after the play is over. Unless the player crying is Tom Brady but its because he has his own flag.

On another note, here's an interesting trend under Harbaugh.... In 2008 the Ravens ended the season on a two game winning streak. They matched that win streak in the playoffs by winning two playoff games. Last year they ended the season on a one game win streak. They again matched that win streak in the playoffs.

So, we ended the season on a 4 game win streak this year and we need 4 wins to hold the Lombardi....

(I know there is no actual correlation between end of the season win streaks and how many playoff games a team wins. Its a coincidence. Just thought I'd point it out.)

Blog Entries

The trend that worries me more is...

2008 - 2 wins in playoffs
    2009 - 1 win in playoffs
    2010 - ...

Yeah, the trend there would be 0 wins. That said, I think this trend gets broken today and we get at least one win.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

GAME DAY !!

Anybody else throw up watching Manning go into a fetal position on that "sack"? Another reason I cannot stand him - or those that applaud such a smart move.

High intensity today. GO RAVENS !!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The trend that worries me more is...

2008 - 2 wins in playoffs
    2009 - 1 win in playoffs
    2010 - ...

Yeah, the trend there would be 0 wins. That said, I think this trend gets broken today and we get at least one win.
    I put absolutely ZERO stock in trends, what they did the past two yeras has nothing to do with today

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I put absolutely ZERO stock in trends, what they did the past two yeras has nothing to do with today
    Me neither. The trend last year said we didn't have a chance against New England.

And besides, 2 ... 1 ... isn't exactly a trend... it's two things that happened.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    GAME DAY !!

Anybody else throw up watching Manning go into a fetal position on that "sack"? Another reason I cannot stand him - or those that applaud such a smart move.

High intensity today. GO RAVENS !!!!
    Yes, it really pisses me off and anytime he feels pressure that he can see, he flops like a little B*tch. It's a mans game, I like Flacco's responses when asked about being sacked, it's football that is what happens you are suppose to get hit.