Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: OT: Saints @ Seahawks - Game Thread

Re: OT: Saints @ Seahawks - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!?!

That run will be replayed for decades. Might go down as best run ever in the history of the playoffs.
    When Lynch pushed that guy back like he was a little kid my jaw just dropped. That was similar to when McGahee swatted at a Raider defender on a TD run and the guy fell over.

Lynch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hh-BtXiGGU

McGahee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCutN1tkfA
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

I repeat, we should all be on our knees thanking the football gods that we have a coach who doesn't allow our team to take inferior competition lightly.

17-1 against non winning teams.

I wouldn't trade Harbaugh for Sean Peyton right now.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Sean Payton has accomplished significantly more in his career than Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lower regular season winning percentage, same number of playoff appearances in twice as many years. His 1 Championship is significant but Harbaugh may have the same number after this season.

Also, as I said, Harbaugh simply doesn't lose to losers. Just this season Payton has lost to the Cardinals, Browns and now the Seahawks.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Harbaugh has done more with less. If those Saints players had the Ravens' coaching staff they would not have lost today.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Lower regular season winning percentage, same number of playoff appearances in twice as many years. His 1 Championship is significant but Harbaugh may have the same number after this season.

Also, as I said, Harbaugh simply doesn't lose to losers. Just this season Payton has lost to the Cardinals, Browns and now the Seahawks.
    That championship counts for a hell of a lot. Not saying Harbs isn't good or that Payton is out of his league, just that I definately would not be so quick to say I'd take Harbs over him based on a couple losses to bad teams...I'll take those when I get a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Harbaugh has done more with less. If those Saints players had the Ravens' coaching staff they would not have lost today.
    That's an opinion...other than Brees, there is no position on that team that is outright better than ours.

That championship counts for a hell of a lot. Not saying Harbs isn't good or that Payton is out of his league, just that I definately would not be so quick to say I'd take Harbs over him based on a couple losses to bad teams...I'll take those when I get a championship.
    I agree with this except for the conclusion you draw from it. I'm happier with a coach who is so consistently good that he is simply unbeatable against losers than a coach who could get hot and light the world on fire or who could lose to the Browns depending on chance. In other words, I think we both agree with how good both coaches are and simply disagree with whether we'd want that for our team.

If Harbs keeps going at the pace he's been on his whole career a championship is almost inevitable. Payton reminds me of Billick in that at his best he is good enough to beat anyone at their best. The trouble is that his best comes intermittently and his lows are a lot lower than Harbs' are.

That's an opinion...other than Brees, there is no position on that team that is outright better than ours.
    Their defense forces more turnovers, their offense is more explosive. We have neither an explosive offense nor a turnover-minded defense (excepting the singularity that is Ed Reed). Also, to minimize Brees being miles ahead of Flacco is silly -- QB is the most important position in sports.

Harbaugh's sterling record against losing teams speaks for itself.

In any case, here's to the end of Saints jock-riding and "Two Dat" and the idea a city deserved to win a SB because it was hit by a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Their defense forces more turnovers, their offense is more explosive. We have neither an explosive offense nor a turnover-minded defense (excepting the singularity that is Ed Reed). Also, to minimize Brees being miles ahead of Flacco is silly -- QB is the most important position in sports.

Harbaugh's sterling record against losing teams speaks for itself.

In any case, here's to the end of Saints jock-riding and "Two Dat" and the idea a city deserved to win a SB because it was hit by a hurricane.
    The Turnover and explosive elements can also be a result of coaching...would you really take the Saints WR's and backs over ours?...and their defensive talent is not that good.

And I'm not marginalizing Brees over Flacco...just said that was the only real position that the Saints were clearly better.

The question is, do you want a coach that has proven he can win the big games while losing a couple clunkers, or a coach who beats the bad teams and hasn't proven he can win the big games?

Again, I'm just saying that this isn't a cut and dry argument when it comes down to which coach you'd rather have.

OK. All fair points, raveninwoodlawn. I think the one poster's point was probably just that while Payton is exalted as a genius and all, our own coach isn't chopped liver and would likely have won this game. (I personally think last year's Colts beat last year's Saints more often than not, and yes, they probably win if not for a fluky onside kick that bounced off the Colts hands.) I do wish we had someone with Payton's imagination and stones calling our offense, though.

Oh no doubt, I would trade Sean Payton for Cam Cameron. Like, I don't even have to think about it.

As an OC Sean Payton is redonkulous.