Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JO: "Offense Not On Same Page."

In an article by Aaron Wilson (I am sure it will turn up here), Ogden apparently voiced his displeasure (loudly), to Billick, about the offense not being on the same page. That was obvious on today, but where is this breakdown coming from?

I also have to say that it is GREAT to see emotion from our offense on having to pick up the slack. Even Mason stated that "if we play a team with a good offense and good defense, we will have to score point, and that anyone that says otherwise is lying to themselves."

Here is what McNair said: “We took a step back, we weren’t as focused as we should have been,” McNair said. “I love Stover to death, but I want to keep him off the field. We kind of killed ourselves. We shot ourselves in the foot. “This was just two phases and one doesn’t live up to par and that was the offensive side of the ball."

In my opinion, while we have seen lackluster play from our offense for (how many years now, Stinger?), we have never had our offensive guys get fired up like this. It always seemed to be a "let's just ride the coattails of the defense" mentality.

This is healthy and positive! Something's wrong and the offense is ready to work (McNair included) to get things right. It makes us believe that this week will be dedicated to getting right on offense. Great to hear the offensive leadership and folks lighting the fire.

http://profootball24x7.com/column_vi...2&view=archive

The same article you have to pay for at scout, mind you. That's why I love it here.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

2. Re: JO: "Offense Not On Same Page."

The "O" line needs an overhaul.

We're 2-0.
    We have things to work on, they're hungry to do it and improve.

We should have scored on those first two possessions, they were reeling!

3. Re: JO: "Offense Not On Same Page."

It all starts with the hold on Flynn....then another penalty....

It will get better!

Re: JO: "Offense Not On Same Page."

Again, I say this is positive. It is not as if the offense is laying down and wanting to be "rescued" by the defense. It sounds as if the offense will be working hard this week. This game while ugly, could be blessing in disguise. If we had of won this game 40-9, then we'd be around here saying the Ravens will go 16-0 or 15-1, and the Ravens may have been smelling themselves a little.

This game will keep the edge on us and have us working hard. This is good. The response by our offensive leaders is good. After seven years, our offense is finally getting sparked and fired up.

Believe it or not, this game was a Trap Game that this team was lucky enough to win. The Offense was on a high horse after beating Tampa, this game knocked them back to reality.

They will be prepaired to play the Browns.

I have never been to a game where the score has been so one-sided yet everyone was so dissappointed -- because it was self evident that the offense has not progressed -- yet we are so close!!!.

It all starts with the offensive line. This line is not built for the entire season. As a start, I would start to rotate some of the younger people in, e.g. Brown for Vincent to see what they can do. Start NOW, so that they can get the time in!

Second, I would look to make a trade. We aren't going anywhere significant if this line stays the same.

6 years is what I want to say PR.

An F, it’s hard to give a passing grade,” wide receiver Derrick Mason said. “We played real bad, but the score doesn’t really indicate how we played. Our defense played tremendously, but as an offense we have to get that mentality that the defense is going to save us out of our heads.
    I can't say it was an F. But I would say a D.

If we don't get another option at RT we could be in a lot of trouble. I don't even know what options are out there right now, but we should look into them. Even if it's not a starter, we've got to have someone who's better in pass protection. Or else we'll need to commit Sypniewski or a back to helping pass protection on a regular basis. I also think we should start running plays to roll the pocket. McNair stands in the pocket better than Boller but also delivers a poor pass when the pocket is collapsing on him. That's not really improvement. And it's coming from all sides and up the middle, the whole thing just disappears inch by inch so that he has nowhere to go and no room to operate. I really believe McNair can find Mason, Clayton, or Heap if given time, even if those are the only guys we have out running routes. Let's start running six and seven man protections... ESPECIALLY when we face San Diego, whose defense will absolutely maul us if we keep trying to work with only five blockers.

Trade isnt going to happen during the season,so you can forget about that.The bottom line is that the Ravens have scored 55 and their opponents have scored 6,and I dont care who or how that happens I'll take it.Does the offense need to pick it up?of course they do but you have to remember that McNair is still learning the intricacies of the system and will get better as the weeks pass by.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Trade isnt going to happen during the season,so you can forget about that.The bottom line is that the Ravens have scored 55 and their opponents have scored 6,and I dont care who or how that happens I'll take it.Does the offense need to pick it up?of course they do but you have to remember that McNair is still learning the intricacies of the system and will get better as the weeks pass by.

Well, let me know when Tony Pashos learns the offense.

I think it is troubling by how disjointed the offense looks. On the other side I do think it is great that Mason, McNair, and Ogden are all being vocal about getting it to work. I think they are really going to focus this week and hopefully straighten things out. Think how good we could be if the O is firing on even most of its cylinders like we have seen flashes of. We aren't far from there.

On an unrelated note, PurpleRulz, do you think it is a good idea to have a link to this forum from YBR? It was in your post in the "stains expect us to rape them" thread. Far be it from me to tell you what to do but while we did leave behind some good people, I'm concerned about increasing the flow of the people who ruined that board.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    I think it is troubling by how disjointed the offense looks. On the other side I do think it is great that Mason, McNair, and Ogden are all being vocal about getting it to work. I think they are really going to focus this week and hopefully straighten things out. Think how good we could be if the O is firing on even most of its cylinders like we have seen flashes of. We aren't far from there.

On an unrelated note, PurpleRulz, do you think it is a good idea to have a link to this forum from YBR? It was in your post in the "stains expect us to rape them" thread. Far be it from me to tell you what to do but while we did leave behind some good people, I'm concerned about increasing the flow of the people who ruined that board.

I understand, but the link I provided was from the Stains board. I just wanted to get an idea of what our opponents fans thought. I see your point, though. At least we have ignore features that can block out ignorant posters.