Anyone else heard Damon Blowhard Yaffe's "resume"

Around 11:50am yesterday, a caller called into the Fan 105.7 and lit into Damon the Blowhard Yaffe. It was AWESOME. He called him out on his football knowledge, and his constact Raven's bashing (in addition to Steelers praise).

It was so bad that the Blowhard came back from the break and did one of the most pretentious things I have ever heard, and listed all of his entire football resume on the air. The funniest highlights included a week lone internship with Eric DeCosta, attending coaching camps, and the fact that "I can pick up a phone with a technical question, and get Rex Ryan or Marvin Lewis to answer me in a heartbeat". It was so funny, yet so sad at the same time. No one else in this radio or TV market acts anything like him. Not even the former players of the Raven's that get on the air.

If I have to hear about "gap integrity" or "seem routes" or anything that makes him seem like he knows more about football than the average Madden player I'm going to puke. This guy has GOT TO GO. I think he is responsible for most of the negativity surrounding this team in the past few weeks.

Yaffee's main problem is that he can't separate the fan out of himself from the radio personality. There is nothing more annoying than hearing the fan of any team constantly express their emotional disappointments over their team. Worse is when they are a paid radio personality. Even worse is the fact that I think Viviano is always trying to remind him of this on the air but he just keeps going and going.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone else heard Damon Blowhard Yaffe's "resume"

Yup.

If I wanted to hear idiots pretend they knew about football I'd come here, where I get to be one of the idiots, too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

"gap integrity"
    Does this have anything to do with knowing when to shut up?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Does this have anything to do with knowing when to shut up?
    Wouldn't that be "yap integrity"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    Around 11:50am yesterday, a caller called into the Fan 105.7 and lit into Damon the Blowhard Yaffe. It was AWESOME. He called him out on his football knowledge, and his constact Raven's bashing (in addition to Steelers praise).

It was so bad that the Blowhard came back from the break and did one of the most pretentious things I have ever heard, and listed all of his entire football resume on the air. The funniest highlights included a week lone internship with Eric DeCosta, attending coaching camps, and the fact that "I can pick up a phone with a technical question, and get Rex Ryan or Marvin Lewis to answer me in a heartbeat". It was so funny, yet so sad at the same time. No one else in this radio or TV market acts anything like him. Not even the former players of the Raven's that get on the air.

If I have to hear about "gap integrity" or "seem routes" or anything that makes him seem like he knows more about football than the average Madden player I'm going to puke. This guy has GOT TO GO. I think he is responsible for most of the negativity surrounding this team in the past few weeks.
    Thats funny. I know a guy named Ray Lewis and another guy named Edward Reed (Ed for short). I am sure I could call either of them to ask a technical question and get an answer in a heartbeat. But it doesnt mean I know jack shit about football. My buddy Ray is an electrician and my brother in law Ed is a mechanic.

But I can still name drop and say I am good friends with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

As I said before he is the new Anita with all of his when I played, I'm a coach even though I said that I didn't say that. He is a joke and how he has a job is beyond me and now that I don't live in MD anymore it bugs me even more because I can not listen to sports talk because he is so bad.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

His constant 'love' and adoration of the Steelers is what disgusts me the most!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Man! I would have loved to have heard that, but I did not because...I have not listened to Viv's show for a looooooonnnnggggg time because of him.

Years ago (I'm estimating) he went on a diatribe after a vacation he had. He went into detail (on a SPORTS program) about certain things he ate while he was gone and the effects of said consumption on his bowels. It went on for the entire show.

I have not listened since that day.
    SS

I heard it. When he was done, I thought to myself, "So?"

11. Re: Anyone else heard Damon Blowhard Yaffe's "resume"

I am always wary of anyone who gives themselves a nickname and refers to themselves by said nickname.

But I'm as astounded as anyone as to how this guy is employed by two companies to provide football insight when he acts in such an unprofessional manner. When anyone starts listing their accomplishments that's a clear red flag that they feel inadequate and can't simply let their work speak for itself.

There's good heat and there's bad heat. The good type means you are controversial and the entertaining and while you may get "hate" mail you grab viewers. The bad type is you just want that person to go away and you change the channel. I know for my money what category I'd put him in.