Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Taking Flacco out during the second half vs. Cincy

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I was thinking about a previous thread that was complaining about keeping players in during the second half during the Cincy game. Someone was dumbfounded that Harbs left Flacco in especially after watching Oher go down.

My thinking is what would be going on right now in the fanbase as well as in the lockerroom if Bulger came in and drove the team two or three times for 80yards in the second half for touchdowns? ?
    This whole thread was started on a hypothetical question in a hypothetical scenario. IF they put him in and IF he drove down the field, we (just like other teams) would have idiot fans saying the back up should be in there.

But seriously replace a 3 year starter with 3 playoff wins (on the road) who just led the team to 12-4 for a back up who might have IF he was allowed to come in led the team down the field to score in a game that meant nothing. Really??? if if was a fifth we'd all be drunk right now....

This thread was never intended to suggest that we should replace flacco with bulger. It was more intended to get at the apparent lack of trust the coaching staff has in flacco and how that might play out in the playoffs as well a how the coaching staff might have intentionally avoided a big problem by keeping flacco in against cincy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. Re: Taking Flacco out during the second half vs. Cincy

It would definitely be a smart idea to bench the NFL's second highest-rated passer in the last 14 weeks. Good idea.

Wow! I am really unsure what it will take (other than winning the Super Bowl) for some people to accept Flacco has the QB of this team. Every QB makes mistakes and cost their team a game during their career (Favre). It is going to happen again in Joe's career and whether Bulger would have come in and thrown 3 TD's last Sunday this fact will not change.

The Ravens are 12-4!!! Have been in EVERY GAME this year and the many of us are acting like we can't enjoy the Playoffs or celebrate the season. WE all have our frustrations about this team but I for one have been very happy at the end of the day when the Ravens brought home the W!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRaven View Post
    Wow! I am really unsure what it will take (other than winning the Super Bowl) for some people to accept Flacco has the QB of this team. Every QB makes mistakes and cost their team a game during their career (Favre). It is going to happen again in Joe's career and whether Bulger would have come in and thrown 3 TD's last Sunday this fact will not change.

The Ravens are 12-4!!! Have been in EVERY GAME this year and the many of us are acting like we can't enjoy the Playoffs or celebrate the season. WE all have our frustrations about this team but I for one have been very happy at the end of the day when the Ravens brought home the W!
    There is a fair chance that we won't win the Super Bowl (I know, shocking). Not that we can't, and not that we're inadequate in some way, but just because it's a funny shaped ball and it bounces all different ways and just because nobody is perfect and all our players & coaches are flawed in some way or other.

I don't think there's a single team in the playoffs in either conference that has a better chance than we do, but all teams have their issues, including our beloved Ravens.

Anyway, if that does happen, that we don't win the Super Bowl, this place will be a wreck. People will say "But with all this talent, the expectations were...."

Even when the team is losing I'm a happy fan, provided certain basic expectations are met (not being an a-hole of a franchise - Jets - or an incompetent joke of a franchise - Bengals), but when the team is doing this well that's just awesome.

Fans can & should be critical even when the team is doing well, but I don't understand some fans' refusal to acknowledge that the team *is* doing well and is competitive with all of the best teams in the NFL.

I don't get it. We're reasonably healthy & going to the playoffs and judging by the tone of the threads around here we are the Dallas Cowboys of Disappointment.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    There is a fair chance that we won't win the Super Bowl (I know, shocking). Not that we can't, and not that we're inadequate in some way, but just because it's a funny shaped ball and it bounces all different ways and just because nobody is perfect and all our players & coaches are flawed in some way or other.

I don't think there's a single team in the playoffs in either conference that has a better chance than we do, but all teams have their issues, including our beloved Ravens.

Anyway, if that does happen, that we don't win the Super Bowl, this place will be a wreck. People will say "But with all this talent, the expectations were...."

Even when the team is losing I'm a happy fan, provided certain basic expectations are met (not being an a-hole of a franchise - Jets - or an incompetent joke of a franchise - Bengals), but when the team is doing this well that's just awesome.

Fans can & should be critical even when the team is doing well, but I don't understand some fans' refusal to acknowledge that the team *is* doing well and is competitive with all of the best teams in the NFL.

I don't get it. We're reasonably healthy & going to the playoffs and judging by the tone of the threads around here we are the Dallas Cowboys of Disappointment.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim