Thread: Ring of Honor

1. Ring of Honor

Other than "the chain gang" this is my only other annoying game day experience.

Everytime I see ernest byners name I shake my head. No Marchetti or Brasse or Berry or Moore or Donovan. They are Baltimore football hero's who ought to be honored as such in Baltimore's ring of honor in Baltimore's football stadium.

2. Re: Ring of Honor

I believe the colts are there, I know there is a list of colts players on a blue banner.....

I missed the preseason so this was my first home game this year, but what i cant stand is that the Ravens hype up their new "inner ring video screens" and they only use it 90% of the time for ad's....i could care less, they should have all the 1pm games scores up all the time.

3. Re: Ring of Honor

Just their numbers, how insulting and sad.

We have great names in football and their "names" oughta be up there, not a former brown/deadskin.

Re: Ring of Honor

Now there's no longer the Modell connection, Byner's name should be quietly removed.

Blog Entries

I agree. Earnest who? I also agree on those new screens. All they were used for yesterday were ads for cars and some company that sells wireless?

Waste of time. But I suppose more dough for the organization. At least flash the scores up there so I don't have to wat 3 minutes watching the out of town numbers rotate on the bottom of the smartvision trying to find how my fantasy defense did.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996
    I believe the colts are there, I know there is a list of colts players on a blue banner.....

I missed the preseason so this was my first home game this year, but what i cant stand is that the Ravens hype up their new "inner ring video screens" and they only use it 90% of the time for ad's....i could care less, they should have all the 1pm games scores up all the time.
    They have a sign on the ring that says "Jonny Unitas and the BALTIMORE COLTS"; it then lists all of the retired numbers of the others.

As for the "inner ring video screens" I agree. I don't care that 98 Rock is the radio station for the games this year. Their signal and broadcast suck compaired to what CBS Radio had going. But show me the scores of the other games in a location where I can see it other then directly under the super-sized TVs.

Did anyone else laugh when the video/graphics crew had some messups on Sunday. They listed the wrong TV Broadcasting team and network and then the new board got all garbled and had the TOGO listed as 939 yards. As a guy in my section said,"with that many yards I guess the first down must be in Glen Burnie".

7. Re: Ring of Honor

"They have a sign on the ring that says "Jonny Unitas and the BALTIMORE COLTS"; it then lists all of the retired numbers of the others.
    "

Yes, we've established this.
    It remains an insult and a lost opportunity.

I have a question about the retiring of the Colts and honor the great players that were part of the history of Baltimore football.

Did the orgainzation lose the right to do that when the history books went over to Indy? Could that be the reason for the lack of Colts honored?