Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ed Reed - Not Looking Good

Todd Heap had a charity function tonite and Ed was supposed to be there to receive an honor. He didn't show up because (according to Todd who told some people) "he can't stand, sit or lay down - he's in a lot of pain".

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Ed Reed - Not Looking Good

I heard a rib injury, and though I haven't had one they can be a real bitch. That said, it is something you can shoot up, put a jacket on and play with and not risk much further injury.

I also heard they had to sit him for the rest of the game yesterday and he was ready to go back in.

There is absolutely no way Ed is not playing on Sunday. He is one of the toughest SOBs we have. Whether he is a liability or not could be argued but I am of the camp that if Ed Reed is breathing he needs to be on the field.

The story below states that Reed and Oher will play on Sunday:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...p-ailingravens

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Todd Heap had a charity function tonite and Ed was supposed to be there to receive an honor. He didn't show up because (according to Todd who told some people) "he can't stand, sit or lay down - he's in a lot of pain".
    There are a couple of things going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I heard a rib injury, and though I haven't had one they can be a real bitch. That said, it is something you can shoot up, put a jacket on and play with and not risk much further injury.
    That's one.

The other one is that Heap is not going to say "Ed's back was bugging him so he couldn't come." In the environment of a charity function where Reed was supposed to attend, Heap is protecting the reputation of his teammate better by making the injury more colorful rather than less so.

Obviously as players gather their inner reserves for the playoff run, a player who is too injured to go to a charity function may very well be healthy enough to play NFL football the following Sunday.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Yeah, one thing Ed has never been afraid of doing is playing through pain. Unless one of his ribs is sticking out of his chest, I would bet he'll be suiting up.

Hell, he might do that even if one of them is...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Doesn't really matter though, cause Ed is overrated over the hill and all his picks are luck. Id' take just about any safety in the league over him, hell even Nakamura should fill in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Doesn't really matter though, cause Ed is overrated over the hill and all his picks are luck. Id' take just about any safety in the league over him, hell even Nakamura should fill in just fine.
    Yep, because that's what PSU said.

Reading comprehension... It's clearly fucking optional.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yep, because that's what PSU said.

Reading comprehension... It's clearly fucking optional.
    Come again?

He's saying you're completely misrepresenting the argument that I've been making about Reed, which you are.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    He's saying you're completely misrepresenting the argument that I've been making about Reed, which you are.

- C -
    Notice the ? Talk about lack of reading comprehension.

Sorry. But FWIW, that sarcasm to me - and obviously at least one other - I think make your post read the exact opposite of what you intended.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com