Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Day

Draft Day

After a much too long mourning period, I have decided to rejoin the masses and try and put the awful ending to our season behind me; well, sorta . . . I'm still a little hinky about it :bag:

As some of you know, every year that we have had a draft tailgate (with one or two exceptions) at the stadium. It is a great chance for a spring get together and a meet and greet for new peeps to put faces to names.

Anyhoo . . . . anyone interested? If so, I suppose I'll have to get into planning mode.

Toodles

P.S. If someone wants to let the peeps on the other board know, that's fine. I don't go over there anymore, but I'm sure there are some old timers who will probably want to join in. Thanks :D
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Thumbs up Re: Draft Day

Good going, Lady Raven. Stimulate some activity. I'm sure that the April snow will be melted by Draft Day so we can have good weather.

I'll be there if I am in town. I missed the last couple Draft Day parties. Same spot between Lot B entrance and Eutaw Promenade? Does Beeracuda still bring his cooler on wheels?

btw: I'm too lazy to do the research - but: when is Draft Day?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Draft Day

Draft Day I know because it's the weekend before my birthday! :D

April 28th and 29th this year.

Have a good one folks.

Each year the hype grows more frantic on NFL draft day. I think it's fun.

The world just can't seem to get enough of the NFL. Soon we may see franchises in places like Rangoon, Liverpool, Mars City, and maybe even in one of the Dakotas.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I will be dutifully working.

Holden and I will attend. Sorry for the long absence everyone. We JUST NOW got back into the house (last Monday 4/2 actually). 5 long months in a hotel with 2 kids and a dog.

Holy Crap!

It's good to be home. See everyone on draft day.

Hot-diggedy! I'll be there with the little guy. We're not thinking about football too much right now, though. Well, maybe just the ones thrown around on the beach...

Stay warm!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Hot-diggedy! I'll be there with the little guy. We're not thinking about football too much right now, though. Well, maybe just the ones thrown around on the beach...

Stay warm!
    smartass! :hammer:

Sorry, won't be at the Vault on Saturday. I like to set up our own war room and watch as well as listen to the commentary surrounding the picks, especially on the first day. I am planning on going to Dave & Buster's for the second day (Sunday)to catch the GAMETIME show! Are you going for that or just to the stadium on Saturday for the Spring Football Festival? I liked how they had it after the draft last year and introduced the new draft picks. I guess we won't get that chance this year.

I have plans to be at M&T that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    Soon we may see franchises in places like Rangoon, Liverpool, Mars City, and maybe even in one of the Dakotas.
    that made me think of baseketball - the sportscenter part.

Dan Patrick: With the first nine months of the Baseketball postseason out of the way, the playoff picture is starting to emerge.
    Kenny Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Milwaukee Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three.
    Dan Patrick: Right, and then the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.
    Kenny Mayne: So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
    Last edited by f7eleven; 04-10-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Yeah, we'll be there. I think I'll purchase tickets to go in this year so I can kick CY's ass at field goal kicking. That'll teach him to be somewhere warm right now.

Will crapdip be present, LR? Do you want to co-ordinate any particular dish bringing scenario? What time is everyone getting there?

I didn't see this on the other board yet so I'll post it up there.