Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: everyone panic

everyone panic

i think todays game was a good thing,the fans will panic and proclaim this team has no chance,harbaugh will lash out at the fans,callers will bash cam and the offense all week long,then they will go to KC and dominate the chiefs.they always seem to bounce back big after ugly games like today.i think they do it again next weekend.
    Last edited by ace2025; 01-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Re: everyone panic

The only thing I care about from today's game is why we had our starters in after the 3rd quarter. That's ridiculous and inexcusable. The worst is leaving Flacco in after Oher went down and the Steelers up 35 points in the 4th quarter. You can't possibly defend a decision like that. Momentum is ridiculously stupid argument to make, and the risks FAR outweigh the rewards.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    The only thing I care about from today's game is why we had our starters in after the 3rd quarter. That's ridiculous and inexcusable. The worst is leaving Flacco in after Oher went down and the Steelers up 35 points in the 4th quarter. You can't possibly defend a decision like that. Momentum is ridiculously stupid argument to make, and the risks FAR outweigh the rewards.

- C -
    Agree on this point. The Saints were in a similar situation yesterday in their game against Tampa Bay; in fact, it was virtually a mirror image of our own situation. When it became clear from the scoreboard that Atlanta was trouncing Carolina (meaning the Saints no longer had a chance to win the division), they pulled Drew Brees even though the game was still quite winnable at that point. The Saints lost, but I'm sure Sean Payton isn't terribly concerned.

Could not agree more. there is no reason to keep the starters in, and momentum is bogus. Momentum is your next opponent. The Patriots can cripple any momentum. I hope our momentum is playing KC, and not Indy. ALthough I think KC will be a tough game too.
    I hope Oher is ok. Anybody heard anything??

Our starters sucked yesterday. Harbaugh should put them in pads today and ask them if they really want to win. I really wish I would have stayed home yesterday and cleaned out the shed. It would have been less painful and I would have been involved in something productive. I am glad he kept them. I could care less if oher is healthy at this point. He is like Zeus and will probably kill us in the playoffs with a stupid penalty at a key point in the game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Our starters sucked yesterday. Harbaugh should put them in pads today and ask them if they really want to win. I really wish I would have stayed home yesterday and cleaned out the shed. It would have been less painful and I would have been involved in something productive. I am glad he kept them. I could care less if oher is healthy at this point. He is like Zeus and will probably kill us in the playoffs with a stupid penalty at a key point in the game.
    There's the typical Galen.... If you truly think that Oher will "probably kill us in the playoffs" then don't f'ing watch! Completely ridiculous!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ace2025 View Post
    i think todays game was a good thing,the fans will panic and proclaim this team has no chance,harbaugh will lash out at the fans,callers will bash cam and the offense all week long,then they will go to KC and dominate the chiefs.they always seem to bounce back big after ugly games like today.i think they do it again next weekend.
    Yeah they excel in the us against the world role. I am kind of glad we've lost the tag of Superbowl favorites.

I am with you 100% - they sucked yesterday, and it was extremely painful to watch this team, even With a W!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

What would satisfy the naysayers? Maybe an 8 - 8 record with 8 wins by double digits and 8 losses by by 1 or 2 points? NO ONE KNOWS what will happen in the playoffs)if they did they would not be posting on this board, their assistant would). To me, the Ravens are 12 - 4( a record I said they would have). How they got here, doesn't matter to me, they are here. Would you rather have a high powered offense and be sitting home, watching the playoffs(see San Diego) or be 12 and 4 and getting ready to play at least one more game?

I'll say it again, my expectations for this season was to have the Ravens WIN the Super Bowl, anything less is failure. It is not Harbaugh, Cameron, Mattison or anyone else' fault that the fans/media expectations are, IMHO, unrealistic. The Ravens expected to be in the playoffs and they are. The fans/media wanted perfection and all they get is a winning, playoff team.
    Of course this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    There's the typical Galen.... If you truly think that Oher will "probably kill us in the playoffs" then don't f'ing watch! Completely ridiculous!
    Whatever. I have been one of the positive fans all year. If oher isn't jumping before the snap, he is pushing someone around after that play. There is no correlation between oher sucking it up and not watching a playoff game. Talk about ridiculous.

Whatever. I have been one of the positive fans all year. If oher isn't jumping before the snap, he is pushing someone around after that play. There is no correlation between oher sucking it up and not watching a playoff game. Talk about ridiculous.

Didn't Yanda have 3 stupid penalties yesterday?

I had no problem with the starters staying in. Not to punish them, but to keep them on their regular schedule. Rhythm and attitude are important, and both the rhythm & the attitude of playing 60 full minutes on Sundays were served by the players staying in yesterday.

It would have been different, as Mason said, if the 2 seed & a 1st round bye were absolutely guaranteed before the game. Then it can be an extra bye week or something. But once they're suited up they should play.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Looking for anything positive...

After watching yet another nightmare showing against the Cinci eff'ng Bengals, I am convinced that we play-down to the level of our competition. Some people strongly deny that point, but it is what it is.

So the good news is, from here on out we don't face any more "weaklings", so maybe that will inspire us to play at, or, near our full potention for 4 qts. I believe that when (if?) we ever do play a whole game at our full potential, we will beat anybody, in any stadium. It hasn't happened yet, but lets root for it! Go Ravens!