Everyone,

I posted this under the Colt's Heritage, but felt like more would see this over here.

-------------------------

To everyone on this board and readers of Colt's Heritage:

I have a very serious question for you, "What team did Dan Dierdorf play for?"

The reason for this question is simple, and I hope you understand why I'm asking.

Dan Dierdorf was selected to and inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was drafted in 1971 to a team he played for his entire career. (If you don't know who he is, please use this link to find out. http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...p?player_id=56 ) You may know him now more for being a commentator than a football player, though.

Now, for the answer: Dan Dierdorf was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals. He played his entire career there and retired as a St. Louis Cardinal.

Now, as you know, the Cardinals were not originally from St. Louis (they were from Chicago), and they are not playing there now. Of course, they are in Phoenix. If you were to visit the HOF now or go online, take a guess where Dan is listed? You guessed it, under the "Arizonia Cardinals..."

Now, we are talking about a Hall of Fame player. He may not be on the same level as Johnny U, but again, he is a Hall of Famer.

What makes Unitas, Donovan, Mackey or ANY of the Baltimore era Colts different than Dan Dierdorf??

Teams move. It's part of the league. In fact, St. Louis has a new team called the Rams AND Superbowl trophey with their new team as well. St. Louis has gone through the SAME experiences as Baltimore, yet, you do not hear them pining for the Cards to return or for the history of the Cards to be returned.

Please help me understand the difference between St. Louis and Baltimore. I am very serious about this. Please explain.