Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: looks like ryan beat flacco to the pro bowl

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I could not care less about Matt Ryan, he who has not won a single playoff game or game of significance away from his cushy dome. Call me when he wins ONE playoff game. Kthxbai.
    Preach woman, preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    the pro bowl is joke. ed reed? I mean really? he hasn't even played in half the games this year. Ngata, Suggs and Cundiff are the only Ravens deserving this what used to be honor.
    :word

I don't care too much about the Pro Bowl anyway. Its even less relevant than the base ball All Star game, and thats getting pretty irrelevant. Unless you have a losing team, its nothing to get too excited about. Besides, I HOPE the Ravens are pre-occupied that week and have to pass up the PB!!!

As for Flacco vs. Ryan...I'd much rather see Joe get the Super Bowl ring ahead of Ryan! That would be significant!

Go Ravens

The wins this season are what did it for Ryan. Pro Bowl voting has nothing to do with how many playoff games you've won in the past, otherwise Manning would be in trouble.

Blog Entries

I also like to look at the division and opponents.

Even though the Bengals and Browns have bad records they play good defense in divisional games.

The Falcons have played some saab teams, the Bucs look good on paper and have improved but look who they have played, the Panthers (C'Mon).

The point is look at the comparsion of teams we have played versues the Falcons

Flacco or Ryan should not have mad the Pro-Bowl.

I really get tired that Flacco is almost criticized whenever the Flacco/Ryan comparison come up. Ryan was a can't miss star Div1-A QB that played in a pro system at BC. He was projected to be a superstar, and thus was drafted #3. Flacco was a FCS (Div 1-AA) QB that played in a shotgun spread offense that is opposite of what NFL teams run. Joe was blessed with superb arm strength so he was intriguing to the scouts. Before the Senior bowl practices, he was a 3rd rounder according to the draftniks. After his strong showing, he crept up to a 2nd rounder, but still many teams were worried that Joe was a project. When Joe drafted at #18, many thought the pick was a reach.......

3yrs into this, its amazing that Joe is basically at the same level of Ryan. Ok, I wouldn't put up a strong argument with someone if they boasted that Ryan is tad better than Joe but damnit, with his pedigree he should be a lot better at this point in their careers. I will put up a strong argument that I think Joe is going to surpass Ryan at some point in their careers.

Let's face facts... The Ravens are pretty damn fortunate that this Div 1-AA QB project is this good 3 years into his career. Hell, Boller had a better pedigree in college than Flacco. I wish some Flacco detractors would realize this too.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 12-31-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I really get tired that Flacco is almost criticized whenever the Flacco/Ryan comparison come up. Ryan was a can't miss star Div1-A QB that played in a pro system at BC. He was projected to be a superstar, and thus was drafted #3. Flacco was a FCS (Div 1-AA) QB that played in a shotgun spread offense that is opposite of what NFL teams run. Joe was blessed with superb arm strength so he was intriguing to the scouts. Before the Senior bowl practices, he was a 3rd rounder according to the draftniks. After his strong showing, he crept up to a 2nd rounder, but still many teams were worried that Joe was a project. When Joe drafted at #18, many thought the pick was a reach.......

3yrs into this, its amazing that Joe is basically at the same level of Ryan. Ok, I wouldn't put up a strong argument with someone if they boasted that Ryan is tad better than Joe but damnit, with his pedigree he should be a lot better at this point in their careers. I will put up a strong argument that I think Joe is going to surpass Ryan at some point in their careers.

Let's face facts... The Ravens are pretty damn fortunate that this Div 1-AA QB project is this good 3 years into his career. Hell, Boller had a better pedigree in college than Flacco. I wish some Flacco detractors would realize this too.
    Maybe its the koolaid I have been drinking but I actually agree with this. I honestly think Flacco might already be the better player.

So all those people would rather have Matt Ryan than Aaron Rodgers? That's laughable

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post

This could not have been said any better from paid analyst.