Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looks like ryan beat flacco to the pro bowl

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/408334...s-player_news/

I think it should have been flacco over garrard last year but w/e congrats to ryan hes a great young QB, i hope to see a flacco /Ryan superbowl.

Re: looks like ryan beat flacco to the pro bowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

Flacco's numbers are better than Ryan's this year. But Ryan has more popularity. Congrats to him. Imagine how crazy the media would be if the Super Bowl was Flacco v Ryan.

Congrats to the 5 Ravens who made the Pro Bowl:

Ed Reed
    Ray Lewis
    Haloti Ngata
    Terrell Suggs
    Billy Cundiff

Surprise that Sam Koch didn't get in.

pathetic,rodgers should be the 3rd nfc QB not ryan.its all about the media hype the guy gets.joe has thrown for more yards than ryan on 69 less throws.joe also has a better QB rating.
    by the way,joe was named a 3rd alternate,its unbelievable.thats the power of the media and proves sports media is a joke!!!

4. Re: looks like ryan beat flacco to the pro bowl

Congrats to Ryan. On another note, do you think that after last nights game all the fans in Atlanta were calling the local radio show wanting to fire the offensive and defensive coordinators, and saying the Falcons are not going to go far in the playoffs if their offense can only score 7 points and the defense allows a late 4th quarter td drive?

Matt Ryan is in the NFC. Flacco is in the AFC. You can't compare Ryan getting in with Flacco not as "beating him".

Let's call it as it is (and let me get my flame-suit on real quick...........ok), Phillip Rivers statistically blows Flacco away, and Peyton Manning is only backing up because Brady got the nod. If it wasn't Brady it would be Manning. It's like the reason Ray Lewis is in the Pro Bowl over a lot of younger Linebackers who may have played better in their position. Ray and Peyton have name recognition.

If the Ravens can somehow pull out a Super Bowl win, then Flacco will have the most important thing of all...........a ring.

Blog Entries

I put Flacco on my PB ballot but honestly? Manning and Brady are pretty much automatic bids. Rivers is a hard one to pass up too. And don't forget Matt Schaub

If I was ranking the AFC QBs...

1a - Brady
    1b - Manning
    3a - Rivers
    3b - Schaub
    5 - Flacco
    6 - Roethlisberger
    7 - Cassel
    8 - Garrard
    9 - Sanchez
    10 - Palmer
    11 - Orton
    12 - Fitzpatrick
    13 - Henne
    14 - Campbell
    15 - McCoy
    16 - VY

He was named a 3rd alternate to the PB. I guess that means he's listed as the 6th best QB in PB voting? Can't find the 1st and 2nd alternates for Pro Bowl at QB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

the pro bowl is joke. ed reed? I mean really? he hasn't even played in half the games this year. Ngata, Suggs and Cundiff are the only Ravens deserving this what used to be honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

Flacco's numbers are better than Ryan's this year. But Ryan has more popularity. Congrats to him. Imagine how crazy the media would be if the Super Bowl was Flacco v Ryan.

Congrats to the 5 Ravens who made the Pro Bowl:

Ed Reed
    Ray Lewis
    Haloti Ngata
    Terrell Suggs
    Billy Cundiff

Surprise that Sam Koch didn't get in.
    I thought Koch would have may it too....but Lechtler is always voted in. Looking at stats he has a better average but Koch blows him away in side 20.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Matt Ryan is in the NFC. Flacco is in the AFC. You can't compare Ryan getting in with Flacco not as "beating him".

Let's call it as it is (and let me get my flame-suit on real quick...........ok), Phillip Rivers statistically blows Flacco away, and Peyton Manning is only backing up because Brady got the nod. If it wasn't Brady it would be Manning. It's like the reason Ray Lewis is in the Pro Bowl over a lot of younger Linebackers who may have played better in their position. Ray and Peyton have name recognition.

If the Ravens can somehow pull out a Super Bowl win, then Flacco will have the most important thing of all...........a ring.
    The AFC pro bowl spot is harder to come by because the AFC has better QB's.

In the NFC you've got:

Brees, Rogers, Vick,

The only other two guys worthy of consideration are a rookie Sam Bradford and a VERY young Josh Freeman. You could throw Manning or Cutler in but he's not really better than Ryan. Every other NFC QB is washed up or flat out sucks.

In the AFC you've got:

Manning, Brady, Rivers, Pig Jen, and Schuab

And thats before you consider that guys like Matt Cassell, Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick and David Garrard are also having solid seasons.

Flacco is in the QB conference known as the AFC and no way that he gets in over the automatic bids of Peyton and Tom. Probowl is a joke either way. Were the hell is Koch at punter? Who the hell is that KR guy from Tennessee? Didn't Jacoby Ford have like 3 KR td's for the Raiders and that Tenn KR have only one TD? All I can see is that he may have had the most touches which means that your team is being blown out all year. Such a waste of time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I thought Koch would have may it too....but Lechtler is always voted in. Looking at stats he has a better average but Koch blows him away in side 20.
    I thought for sure Koch would get in because he seems to have earned the respect of rival fans. I read on the Ravens website that he was the leading vote getter among fans at P. Guess his peers dont respect him that much.

I could not care less about Matt Ryan, he who has not won a single playoff game or game of significance away from his cushy dome. Call me when he wins ONE playoff game. Kthxbai.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh