No fine on Will Smith; 10K for Ed

Total bullshit:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Seriously. Fuck this shit. Merry Christmas indeed, National Favoritism League.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Re: No fine on Will Smith; 10K for Ed

This just proves that Mason is right. The NFL is protecting their cash cows. The Ravens get no respect from the NFL and never have. They are perennial underdogs because teams like the Patriots, Saints, Colts, and Vikings are more marketable teams at the moment because they all have storylines that are interesting to the general public. I would include the Steelers in that list if it wans't for Ben's tendencies to rape drunk chicks in a nightclub.

Flacco, statistically, isn't a top five quarterback right now because of the Cincinnati game. Once he becomes an All Pro (next season or the season beyond, IMHO) he will start to get more respect from the NFL and the officials.

I haven't seen a video of Smith intentionally putting his knee into Flacco's helmet, but he obviously came in after Joe was down. Suggs can get a call for grazing a QBs helmet by accident and the Ravens lose 15, but if Joe gets a late hit not a damn ting will happen.

Welcome to the NFL, where money means everything and the illusion of unbiased officiating is nothing of the likes.

Oh, and nice to meet you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post

Oh, and nice to meet you guys.
    Welcome!

I haven't seen a video of Smith intentionally putting his knee into Flacco's helmet, but he obviously came in after Joe was down.
    Not being smart but I wouldn't comment on something I didn't see with my own eyes. If you have NFL gamepass you can see it, I'm not sure on the other options

This just proves that Mason is right. The NFL is protecting their cash cows. The Ravens get no respect from the NFL and never have. They are perennial underdogs because teams like the Patriots, Saints, Colts, and Vikings are more marketable teams at the moment because they all have storylines that are interesting to the general public.
    Every team in the NFL believes the whole world is against them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Total bullshit:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Seriously. Fuck this shit. Merry Christmas indeed, National Favoritism League.
    So, Reed cant make incidental contact with Drew Brees helmet but he could have dived on him once he was already on the ground. Thanks for clearing that up NFL.

Seriously, its bull shit. Why not just rewrite the rule book to make it clear who certain penalties are meant for?

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Matty Ice, Favre and Rodgers can only be hit in the strike zone, no hands to their face, and DO NOT HIT THEM LATE.

Everybody else playing QB, do whatever the hell you want to them.

See that wasnt hard at all.

NFL is still better than the NCAA as a governing organization.

At least the NFL exists to make money. The NCAA is just plain corrupt. See Cam Netwon or the Ohio State "punishments"

Not being smart but I wouldn't comment on something I didn't see with my own eyes. If you have NFL gamepass you can see it, I'm not sure on the other options
    I was saying that I have seen a replay but it was from behind Smith and, while it was clearly a late hit on the QB, I couldn't see where he put his knee into the helmet intentionally. Either way it was a late hit on the QB and worth a fine -- intentional knees to the head just up the $.

Every team in the NFL believes the whole world is against them.
    The Ravens aren't the only team getting crap calls. Anyone playing against the teams I listed are on the crap end of bad calls. The Ravens are disrespected by the media and commentators on a regular basis.

The Ravens aren't the only team getting crap calls. Anyone playing against the teams I listed are on the crap end of bad calls. The Ravens are disrespected by the media and commentators on a regular basis.
    Trudat.

Granted, the past few years the Ravens have resuscitated their image so we're not getting shafted nearly as much as we used to. This happened b/c we brought in vanilla corporate types like Harbs and have media darlings in Boldin, Mason, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, even Joe to an extent, along with some others. So, to be fair, when bottomfeeder teams play US they often get shafted. But there is a hierarchy, and obviously the Saints are near the top of it.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

You're 100% right that we're moving up the hierarchy. We're getting better power ranking respect and fair time on sports shows now. I think that a young WR and a re-tooled defense will push us to the top of that hierarchy -- especially if Manning retires.

especially if Manning retires.
    So you're saying maybe five years from now?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

It was hypothetical, I'm sorry I didn't elaborate.

QBs in the NFL right now benefit from being in the same system for as long as possible. If Manning were to suffer an injury that caused his physical skills to decline at an alarming rate he'd be out of the league within five years. By that time Flacco will have been in his system (a west coast offense) for eight years. He'd know the system almost as well as Favre, McNabb, Brees, Rivers, and Vick know their respective systems now. Joe is still learning but he's being held back by Cameron's tendency to get conservative with any kind of lead in the second half. Flacco is intelligent enough to call his own audibles and modify the play at the line but Cam doesn't believe in that sort of thing. He learned from Marty who preached conservative, ball control football. My real point here is that Flacco will have had to have been in his system for 5+ years before he can even begin to be mentioned as a top-five quarterback. Consistency is the key int the NFL and I think Joe will blow us away next season.

Remind me again why we called for Billick's head? I do believe it was his ultra-conservative and predictable play calling. Cam is around 60/40 run/pass and shuts down the passing game in the 3rd quarter with a lead.

Flacco, in this system, can't be as good as mMnning. No individual can because of Peyton's ability to know both the offensive and defensive schemes before he even gets under center. Joe can lean to read defenses properly at the line given time in our offense.

I apologize for going off-topic. I understand how that can be a pain for the mods/admins. I just got on a rant that started with how Flacco can become a top five (or even top three) quarterback in the NFL once Peyton retires.