Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you as misinformed as a Fox News viewer?

I know no one on here watches Fox News Maybe one of the most interesting things about connies is that while Fox News wins the cable news shows consistently as far as viewership, every connie around denies ever watching Fox!

Anyway, great study out of College Park released ths week has determined empirically that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed on the planet. There is also a correlation between the more Fox watched the more misinformed the viewer becomes. So my question is how many of these common incorrectly held conservatves beliefs do you hold?

•Most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses

•Most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit

•The economy is getting worse

•Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring

•The stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts

•Their own income taxes have gone up

•The auto bailout only occurred under Obama

•When TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it

•And that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States

Maybe you can also be included in the lot of the most misinformed people around as our Faux Noise viewers now enjoy? How did you do?

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Dec10_rpt.pdf

Blog Entries

Re: Are you as misinformed as a Fox News viewer?

Jesus said blessed are the mis-informed for the mis-informed will
    inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-17-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries

How typical. When things aren't going Galen's way it can't possibly be that people don't want the liberal agenda, it has to be how they get their information.

Blog Entries

Did you guys know that Marlon Brando was gay and had an affair with Paul Newman?

I mean, how could the God Father be gay? How could Butch be gay?

Say it ain't so, but how's that for being informed?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How typical. When things aren't going Galen's way it can't possibly be that people don't want the liberal agenda, it has to be how they get their information.
    It has nothing to do about any sides agenda. It was an empirical study done that determined that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed purveyors of news and the more someone watches hoax news the more misinformed they are. Not that this isn't obvious to most people, its just now it has an empirical backbone.

Maybe you should review the topics that hoax news viewers were most misinformed about so you don't make similar mistakes instead of making it about some liberal agenda.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    It has nothing to do about any sides agenda. It was an empirical study done that determined that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed purveyors of news and the more someone watches hoax news the more misinformed they are. Not that this isn't obvious to most people, its just now it has an empirical backbone.

Maybe you should review the topics that hoax news viewers were most misinformed about so you don't make similar mistakes instead of making it about some liberal agenda.

An empirical study? Says who. How you do know everyone who said they watched Fox news was honest? And who is to say that's the only news the watched.

The only reason you believe it's empirical is cause it supports your beliefs. And half of the "proof" is people saying the were misinformed. If they believed the were misinformed the first time, whose to say the information they got the second time was right?

Again, you believe what you read here cause it supports what you believe - people don't disagree with what libs want, they only get bad info.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    An empirical study? Says who. How you do know everyone who said they watched Fox news was honest? And who is to say that's the only news the watched.

The only reason you believe it's empirical is cause it supports your beliefs. And half of the "proof" is people saying the were misinformed. If they believed the were misinformed the first time, whose to say the information they got the second time was right?

Again, you believe what you read here cause it supports what you believe - people don't disagree with what libs want, they only get bad info.
    Sounds like someone believes all the above misinformation bullets...

Its okay NC at least you are paying attention to the world. Most noobs in any field buy into the sensational before settling into the more measured and rational. You'll get there...Hey, your mentor Trap still thinks Obama is a muslim so at least you are showing some improvement over him! You don't believe he is a muslim, right? Huh?

Blog Entries

"To this end, WorldPublicOpinion.org conducted an in-depth survey of public opinion. The poll was fielded from November 6 to 15, 2010. The margin of error for the poll’s 616 self-reported voters is plus or minus 3.9%. It was conducted using the web-enabled KnowledgePanel®, a probability-based panel designed to be representative of the U.S. population. Initially, participants are chosen scientifically by a random selection of telephone numbers and residential addresses. .

616 people? You couldn't get 1000 people? 2000? Seems like a low number to come up with such "concrete" positions.

*-When asking respondents about Obamacare, they used the CBO's projections that it would reduce the deficit yet fail to acknowledge that even the CBO can't make accurate projections based on too many variables and the CBO even says that it could increase the deficit.

http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=524

That picture is based on the most optimistic estimates and I think we can all agree the Federal government isn't efficient at anything.

"In most cases we inquired about respondents’ views of expert opinion, as well as the respondents’ own views. While one may argue that a respondent who had a belief that is at odds with expert opinion is misinformed, in designing this study we took the position that some respondents may have had correct information about prevailing expert opinion but nonetheless came to a contrary conclusion, and thus should not be regarded as ‘misinformed.’
    It should also be noted that queries about expert opinion were not predicated on the idea that there is unanimity on issues. On some issues, such as climate change, there is a vocal dissenting minority among experts. Thus questions were framed in terms of whether, among experts, more had one or another view, or views were evenly divided."

*-As far as Climate change, they readily admit that there's enough consensus against it from reliable sources so I'm not sure why they included it in this study.
    Last edited by 4G63; 12-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh, and this:

http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/201...rs-are-stupid/

Not exactly 'Fair and Balanced', huh?

:liar:

See what I did there?

Alright we have two on the defense of the misinformed. Any more seeking to defend faux news people?

Blog Entries

Alright we have two on the defense of the misinformed. Any more seeking to defend faux news people?

I'm not defending Fox News any more than MSNBC. My retorts are based on their questions and how they frame them. Fox News predominently leans Right and all the others lean Left; what I take from that is not that neither are wrong, just that they report what their viewers want to see.

I'm sure I could ask someone about something that was reported on Fox one way but was framed differently to that same person who watched NBC/CBS/CNN/etc and get a different view of the same situation, even though they were reporting the same thing. Is either person wrong? Maybe not.

I find it amusing that you ignore the fact that Tides (Soros) supports the group that did this survey, as if they wouldn't be a little biased. Somehow I think you'd cry wolf had one of us "connies" came out with a similar survey that was supported by the Heritage Foundation or Cato Institute.

Blog Entries

Sounds like someone believes all the above misinformation bullets...

Its okay NC at least you are paying attention to the world. Most noobs in any field buy into the sensational before settling into the more measured and rational. You'll get there...Hey, your mentor Trap still thinks Obama is a muslim so at least you are showing some improvement over him! You don't believe he is a muslim, right? Huh?
    So instead of addressing that study was crap, you try to say I am misinformed. How about proving these things are actually as you say, and I don't mean that think you posted months ago and proved wrong by "don't know" that stimulus was empirically proven to work.