Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you could pick a playoff opponent....

On ArrowheadPride.com they are running a poll:

Who would you want the Chiefs to play most in the first round of the playoffs?

10%Chargers
    241 votes

7%Steelers
    178 votes

11%Ravens
    254 votes

70%Jets
    1612 votes

2285 votes

This of course begs the question, of the possible Wild Card Game opponents for the Ravens which would you prefer most?

Vote here

Re: If you could pick a playoff opponent....

OK, I voted on your link.

But what I find interesting -- and amusing --from the KC poll is how little the Chiefs' fans apparently think of the Jets.

Edit: I've just looked at the actual poll on Arrowhead Pride and I can see where some voters might be confused. The poll box asks "Who would you want the Chiefs to play most in the first round of the playoffs?"

However, immediately above that is the article itself, which closes with the question "Who do you think the Chiefs will play in the first round, if they make the playoffs?"

I suspect some KC fans may be a tad confused on what the question is. The author's wording is somewhat less than clear, as far as I'm concerned.

Fortunately, no such ambiguity exists on your own 24x7 poll.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 12-20-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Voted and here is a list of who I'd like to play the least. In order

Patriots
    Chargers
    Colts
    Steelers
    Jets
    Chiefs

4. Re: If you could pick a playoff opponent....

I think that if we're good enough to beat Atlanta or Philly in a possible Super Bowl matchup, we can take anybody in the AFC. The only drawbacks are it's tough to play in Foxboro, but how intimidated can we be both because we had them beat there this year, and because we beat them in a playoff game before... and they look better now than they did then, except that their weakness is run defense which we could exploit to pound them like no other AFC contender could. Pitt and Indy are tough just because they've got our number. But if we're going to win a championship we can't go around with teams having our number anyway. If we won a SB those teams' fans could still crow all year about how they own us.

But no team looks as good as ATL or PHI right now. So it's kind of fortunate we won't have to worry about them unless we're in Dallas.

I actually want Indy. They look like the worst team currently in the playoffs, and I think we are due against them.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I actually want Indy. They look like the worst team currently in the playoffs, and I think we are due against them.
    I agree...what comes around goes around...it's due time for a reckoning...we give as good as we get...colts will lose to the Ravens...Foxboro Anyone?

I have to agree with JeremiahW and RavNMadMan...Bring on the professional football team from Indianapolis.
    Of course this is just my opinion

Eventually, the Ravens need to get that monkey off their backs, and beat the Colts. I can't think of a better season to do that than this season. Not only are we at our most balanced as a team, but Indy is hurting pretty badly right now. This is not the same team we've faced in the past. This is a team who's 8-6, and have lost to teams like Jacksonville, Houston, and Dallas, and have struggled hard for wins against Washington, Cincinnati, and Tennessee. Certainly, the Ravens are much better than every one of those teams.

The time is now.

I'm with everyone else. We need to exorcise that demon and play the Colts. Flacco needs to go against the cover 2 in a playoff atmosphere and win and use that confidence to go and slay the Marsha in NE. Would not mind going to SD either, but that would bite for any team having to go from there to cold weather. I say stay east.

10. Re: If you could pick a playoff opponent....

It looks like Collie could be out for the season for Indy. That's pretty huge, and it's a rather large step down to their next slot receiver.

11. Re: If you could pick a playoff opponent....

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    It looks like Collie could be out for the season for Indy. That's pretty huge, and it's a rather large step down to their next slot receiver.
    Feel terrible for that guy. Three concussions in a month? If I were him I'd be thinking about retirement if the alternative is permanent brain damage.

Blog Entries

If I could pick a playoff opponent we'd play the Panthers all the way to the SB. I dont care who we play.