Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Polamalu may be out until the playoffs

According to James Walker of ESPN:
    "Polamalu is expected to rest his Achilles in the final two regular season games and return for the postseason."

At this point we can't win the division on tie-breakers, we need to win it outright. This would definitely increase the chances of Pittsburgh losing another game. He is critical to their success.

Re: Polamalu may be out until the playoffs

The only way to take the division is to win out and the Squeelers have to lose to the Browns. Even without Troy I think the Squeelers should be able to beat the Brownies. They will put up a fight, but I still see the Brownies losing this one. Hope I'm wrong.

We will be prepared for Hillis this time, so they are going to have to throw the ball against us. Cinci just keeps getting worse each week. I see two more W's in our future, but we will likely be the 5th seed.
    Boh

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    According to James Walker of ESPN:
    "Polamalu is expected to rest his Achilles in the final two regular season games and return for the postseason."

At this point we can't win the division on tie-breakers, we need to win it outright. This would definitely increase the chances of Pittsburgh losing another game. He is critical to their success.
    Pittsburgh just lost to the tanking Jets at home. Don't buy the line that the Jets are back to being a good team. Aside from a Polamalu blitz, the Ravens really controlled the momentum of our game three weeks ago. Pittsburgh could very easily lose either of the next two games if and only if, Carolina or the Browns come to play. The Browns definitely have more invested in theoutcome as it is a divisional game in Cleveland and a hx. of a rivalry.

Pittsburgh is struggling on offense and without Polamalu, their defense has some areas that can be attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    The only way to take the division is to win out and the Squeelers have to lose to the Browns..
    Or the Panthers. We win out and the Yinzers lose one more we win the division outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Or the Panthers. We win out and the Yinzers lose one more we win the division outright.
    Exactly. Doesn't matter which team they lose to as long as they lose one and we win both.

Remember too it's a short week, and Pittsburgh has to mentally bounce back from that loss.

Still, it's crappy that we could go 12-4 and not only not win the division with that record, but would have to go on the road to a team that has a worse record than us.

Also sucks that at 10-4 the Steelers clinch a playoff spot and we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Pittsburgh just lost to the tanking Jets at home. Don't buy the line that the Jets are back to being a good team. Aside from a Polamalu blitz, the Ravens really controlled the momentum of our game three weeks ago. Pittsburgh could very easily lose either of the next two games if and only if, Carolina or the Browns come to play. The Browns definitely have more invested in theoutcome as it is a divisional game in Cleveland and a hx. of a rivalry.

Pittsburgh is struggling on offense and without Polamalu, their defense has some areas that can be attacked.
    My thoughts exactly. The Steelers are a good team, but they are not elite. With key players missing on their defense, they are particularly vulnerable.

I would frankly be shocked if the Panthers could get a win in Pittsburgh, but their game with the Browns is at Cleveland. There is a possibility of an upset here.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Yeah, last I checked the Panthers, while not good, are not an NCAA team. There is certainly a non-zero chance the Panthers win that game. With Polamalu out and the Steelers OL looking crappy as ever, it's not at all a stretch to imagine the Steelers losing either of their final two games.

We could too. I think we're playing pretty good football right now and think we're likely to win out. But who knows. Vegas odds will probably have us somewhere around 60% - 65% vs. Browns and then 70% - 75% vs. Bengals. That means around 45% we win out. Steelers probably around 55% or so to win out, so 45% to lose one. That puts there around a 20% chance we take the 2 seed.

C'mon Santa, make my Christmas wish come true!!!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Exactly. Doesn't matter which team they lose to as long as they lose one and we win both.

Remember too it's a short week, and Pittsburgh has to mentally bounce back from that loss.

Still, it's crappy that we could go 12-4 and not only not win the division with that record, but would have to go on the road to a team that has a worse record than us.

The Steelers will be fine and the fact that they lost the game yesterday to the Jets is not a good thing for the Carolina Panthers coming in here on Thursday night short week or no short week. The Steelers usually come out strong after they lose especially if the game is at home the following week. The Ravens could go 12-4 and not win the division you are exactly right and it would suck for the Ravens and their fans. But the Ravens really have nobody else to blame for that situation other then themselves. Had they taken care of business against the Bengals early on in the season, and beat the Steelers at home a few weeks ago they wouldnt be in the situation they are in now needing the Steelers to lose one of these last two games...It is what it is and we shall see how it all unfolds...

My thoughts exactly. The Steelers are a good team, but they are not elite. With key players missing on their defense, they are particularly vulnerable.

I would frankly be shocked if the Panthers could get a win in Pittsburgh, but their game with the Browns is at Cleveland. There is a possibility of an upset here.
    The Ravens had better hope that upset doesnt occur a week earlier then they need it too first and foremost...The Browns would love to ruin the Ravens season probably just as much as they would love to ruin the Steelers the following week...

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace_17Ward_86 View Post
    But the Ravens really have nobody else to blame for that situation other then themselves. Had they taken care of business against the Bengals early on in the season, and beat the Steelers at home a few weeks ago they wouldnt be in the situation they are in now needing the Steelers to lose one of these last two games...It is what it is and we shall see how it all unfolds...
    True, but the point of the post (I believe) was simply to point out that it is an unfortunate situation. It's fairly obvious that the team has no one to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Yup. Thanks Steve JOhnson. Still sick about that dropped td pass. Pittsburgh got blown out by the Patriots and Saints. A few horrible calls against us in the Cincinnati game and that dropped pass in Buffalo game are the reason Pittsburgh is in such great position. It's laughable really. They really don't impress me at all- and yet they are the 2 seed right now. Sad.

I do feel like that fumble vs Pittsburgh and subsequent loss- sent a rage thru this team like never before- and they've come out winging ever since.

Crazy though that we as fans, now take just making the playoffs for granted...

Regardless of who or where we play, once Wildcard weekend begins, we wont care. It'll be game on, like every other Sunday.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace_17Ward_86 View Post
    The Steelers will be fine and the fact that they lost the game yesterday to the Jets is not a good thing for the Carolina Panthers coming in here on Thursday night short week or no short week. The Steelers usually come out strong after they lose especially if the game is at home the following week. The Ravens could go 12-4 and not win the division you are exactly right and it would suck for the Ravens and their fans. But the Ravens really have nobody else to blame for that situation other then themselves. Had they taken care of business against the Bengals early on in the season, and beat the Steelers at home a few weeks ago they wouldnt be in the situation they are in now needing the Steelers to lose one of these last two games...It is what it is and we shall see how it all unfolds...
    Yeah- but that Bengals game was bs. People love to say it's crying about the refs, but I still believe we truly got hosed that game. Offense played horribly- and probably didnt deserve to win- but because it was so early in the season- AT Cinci- and they also had high expectations- they got 3 HIGHLY suspects calls on back to back game winning drives. It was a joke really. If that game happens NOW and those calls are the same- there is outrage. Problem is, those calls probably wouldnt be made now because the bengals are back to being the Bungles, and noone expects them to win. So early in the season.... it is what it was...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"