Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: More of Mattison's wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I stayed away from this board lately because I been so mad at this team I actually thought twice about watching Sunday because I am afraid of us getting KILLED!
    Really? I stay away from the board sometimes because of the people who think like this. What's the point? Why make your life miserable over a win...yes it was a win!

Plus who say that one week dictates the following week? Have you watched the NFL this year?

IF San Diego wouldn't have played the same way against the 49ers this past Thursday night like they played against Oakland, they would have lost. They didn't.

Last week the Jets were playing against Miami. IF the Jets were going to play as bad as they did against the Pats, they were going to lose. They did.

IF the Patriots would play as bad as they did against Cleveland every week, they wouldn't be the best team in football right now. But they haven't.

In the NFL you really need to forget the last week whether your team won or lost because it doesn't matter. It was a W or an L, nothing more, nothing less.

IF the Ravens defense is on the field for 57 plays in a one half of the Saints game, they will lose. (Actually any team in the NFL on the field that long in one half will lose!) I am optimistic that the defense will play more like they did against the Steelers and even the first half of the Texans game. IF that happens, we have a good shot at winning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Yeah the looks were definently predictable. 3 guys at the LOS and all the LB's 5 yards off the LOS.
    Pull a Safety up and maybe even send off the edge, would he get blocked probably, but it would create confusion for the OL. Do something....
    The D was to soft.
    They did bring Landry to the LOS a couple of times during their 3 man rushes. The problem is they never sent him on the blitz. He'd come up show blitz and drop right back in coverage.

I am no scheme expert but it looked like Schuab responded by throwing the ball to Landy's vacated spot because of course he cant make up that much ground that quickly and he wasnt actually bringing pressure, so Schuab had the time to get it there.

I didn't know that if you rush more than 3, you are always leaving corners on one on one deep coverage.

Come on...I am the first to say I am not a fan of our 6+ blitzes...we telegraph it and it always seems to be an easy slant completion for the offense. I literaly cringe every time I see us bringing 7 guys up to the LOS...its an easy read and completion for the offense.

But I get that you want to play it "safe" But hell, you can still rush 4 and play a soft cover 2, or hell, I don't know, try a couple zone blitzes where we still only rush 4 but they are different guys coming from different spots...instead of rushing 3 guys and have all 3 get worn out by constantly fighting double and triple teams and having your LB's and DB's chasing recievers for 6 seconds while the QB just stands back there and run around in the pocket.
    That is what frustrates me...that statement is just...idiotic IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Really? I stay away from the board sometimes because of the people who think like this. What's the point? Why make your life miserable over a win...yes it was a win!

Plus who say that one week dictates the following week? Have you watched the NFL this year?

IF San Diego wouldn't have played the same way against the 49ers this past Thursday night like they played against Oakland, they would have lost. They didn't.

Last week the Jets were playing against Miami. IF the Jets were going to play as bad as they did against the Pats, they were going to lose. They did.

IF the Patriots would play as bad as they did against Cleveland every week, they wouldn't be the best team in football right now. But they haven't.

In the NFL you really need to forget the last week whether your team won or lost because it doesn't matter. It was a W or an L, nothing more, nothing less.

IF the Ravens defense is on the field for 57 plays in a one half of the Saints game, they will lose. (Actually any team in the NFL on the field that long in one half will lose!) I am optimistic that the defense will play more like they did against the Steelers and even the first half of the Texans game. IF that happens, we have a good shot at winning.
    Dude, I'm bi-polar!

It's Sunday and I am swearing up and down we are going to win. I just was having a weak day/week. That was a bad win, but yes I agree it was a good win to have that we needed.