Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: texans fan says the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    So let me get this straight when Pitt, Jets, Atl, NE beat us the way we won last night (Jets not against us but their other games) that is just what good football teams do they find a way to win, but when the Ravens do it we suck and everyone needs to be fired?
    This. The Steelers just beat the Bengals in a game where they scored no offensive TDs. I don't remember anyone tearing the Falcons apart for blowing a big lead in the second half against the Ravens because they came back to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinbrazil View Post
    a great team has a great offensive line. A great team doesn't have a patchwork secondary. A great team can run the ball well. Maybe it's time to reconsider your assumptions that we are a great team. Just because we finally have wrs? Bah, it's simply not out greatest need anymore, that's all.

Not the team's fault if fans have overly high expectations.
    agree!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I got to agree with the Texans fans. The Ravens fan base is starting to act like a bunch of spoiled diva's. Like we are entitled to a winning football team, like we are Shitsburgh Steeler fans.

Teams MORE talented than the Ravens have burst at the seams and collapsed this year ie Dallas, Minnesota, SD to an extent.

The difference between us and them, is our ability to win close games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    MORE talented than the Ravens have burst at the seams and collapsed this year ie Dallas, Minnesota, SD to an extent
    Really. Find me another team who's four losses were all a result of blowing a fourth quarter lead.

And you really think Dallas and Minn have more talent than the Ravens?

Blog Entries

In all fairness, I think these kinds of things are relative. Sort of like people who think that rich, famous people have no reason to be depressed. Just because someone is in an enviable position, it doesn't mean that they don't have their own issues.

A 9-4 team calling for the head coaches head. What a joke. They don't know how good they have it.
    This. Seriously. Some of you need to read this and just STFU. I'm as frustrated with the second half meltdowns and inconsistency as much as anyone, but we are 9-4 and every single fucking week you morons are calling for a different coach to be fired. Look at 2005 and 2007 to see how fast Ravens fans jump ship on a losing season, but we even have people pissed when we're winning! This is why I can barely come to this board anymore. Go ask a Redskins, Vikings, Cowboys, Titans, Panthers, Bills or yes, Texans fan if they wouldn't want to switch places with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac

This. Seriously. Some of you need to read this and just STFU. I'm as frustrated with the second half meltdowns and inconsistency as much as anyone, but we are 9-4 and every single fucking week you morons are calling for a different coach to be fired. Look at 2005 and 2007 to see how fast Ravens fans jump ship on a losing season, but we even have people pissed when we're winning! This is why I can barely come to this board anymore. Go ask a Redskins, Vikings, Cowboys, Titans, Panthers, Bills or yes, Texans fan if they wouldn't want to switch places with us.
    Word.

8. Re: texans fan says the truth

There is a fine line between constructive criticism of your team and being detached from reality and saying everyone should lose their jobs.

The bottom line is that the Ravens appear on course for a 3rd consecutive playoff appearance. It doesn't appear that they will get much further than the second round.

But then again they are always in EVERY game they play and no team has them totally outclassed. They could just as easily get on a roll and run through the AFC.

That is why they play the games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Really. Find me another team who's four losses were all a result of blowing a fourth quarter lead.

And you really think Dallas and Minn have more talent than the Ravens?
    Minnesota? Absolutely. Switch Flacco for Favre/ Jackson and I'd take their entire offensive unit over ours any day of the week.

Dallas? I think they have equal or better talent than us on both sides of the ball, when healthy.

And to be honest, saying we've "blown" 4th quarter leads is misleading because with the way the team played in two of those contests they didnt even deserve to be in it . Vs. ATL, they led the entire game including the 4th quarter. We took the lead for the 1st time with minute or so left in the game and ATL got it back. If any team blew a lead that game it was ATL.

Week 2, Cinci dominated that game. 10-9, is technically a lead but not much of one. So, calling that a blown lead is an overstatement.

Pittsburgh and New England were legit 4th quarter lapses. The team controlled those games for 3 quarters and let it slip late.

i have been reading this board for only about a year and a half, so i gotta ask, is it every year on here where people are wanting to fire coaches after every game, win or lose? and complain every single game about something they didn't like, win or lose? and jump ship on a 9-4 team who is going to the playoffs?

there are still 3 games left, and the entire playoffs, and people on here already jumped ship... i really don't get it? why even watch if you are going to get so upset? go start a franchise on Madden, then you can make all the decisions every week!

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    Go start a franchise on Madden, then you can make all the decisions every week!

Heck, in Madden you can even upgrade the stadiums and edit the uniforms.

Go for it Ted! Hire Jeff Fisher! Install escalators! Get rid of the black pants! Maybe you can even put in a dome! One $60 investment and the power to remake the team in your image is yours!

Maybe then the rest of us can claim to be happy about being 5th in the league standings without being told we live in a la la land of bullshit.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    i have been reading this board for only about a year and a half, so i gotta ask, is it every year on here where people are wanting to fire coaches after every game, win or lose? and complain every single game about something they didn't like, win or lose? and jump ship on a 9-4 team who is going to the playoffs?
    Pretty much sums up this place, and all of Baltimore sports talk radio. I understand why Harbs snapped at that fan last week when he has to deal with this kind of stuff.