Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Something to look forward to: The Saints!

Screw it. Put me down for a win this coming week.

Bear in mind the only other time I thought we'd win this season was the Falcons game, and look how that turned out.

2. Re: Something to look forward to: The Saints!

Short week. Exhausted veteran defense. No killer instinct. I honestly don't like our chances. I home the home crowd brings out the best in the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Naw, I dont think the Saints will beat us that bad. We've got some adjustments to make but this is a winnable game. The Saints almost lost to Carolina, got beat by the Browns, and went to the final seconds vs. Cinci last week. They are CERTAINLY capable of losing to us.
    You must take in consideration that the Saints are playing much better since getting ALL of their players back from injuries. That Carolina game was littered with mistakes, yet the Saints still dominated all but the score (16-14). The second match-up with the Panthers at Carolina involved a much healthier New Orleans team with the Saints clobbering them 34-3.

The Cleveland game was a statistical anomaly with the Saints racking up 394 offensive yards to the Browns' 142. Cleveland did get a 68 yard run from their punter on a fake. They also had two defensive scores.

The Cincy game was marred by a penalty fest. The Saints got hit with 11 penalties for 100 yards. That was the only thing that kept the Bnegals in the game. This past week Sean Payton held every practice with officials in place to throw flags and then explain why they made the call. The Saints only drew five penalties this past Sunday.

I'm not saying it will be easy, by any means, but the Saints are the healthiest they have been all season and are playing very solid on both sides of the ball.

Blog Entries

In my head I laughed at everyone saying every game is going to be a defining game and this team will show what it actually is. It has shown what it is, it's wildly inconsistent. I think that includes the possibility of a win this week. Woot!

Sunday
    Dec 19
    Few Snow Showers
    High 36°F
    Low 28°F
    Precip 30
    Could be the equalizer.

One thing for SURE...the offense MUST generate some clock-consuming drives. Our defense obviously gets gassed easily. The sight of Jarret Johnson "trying" to run after Schaub in the 4th quarter was brutal.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Could be the equalizer.

One thing for SURE...the offense MUST generate some clock-consuming drives. Our defense obviously gets gassed easily. The sight of Jarret Johnson "trying" to run after Schaub in the 4th quarter was brutal.
    The Saints aren't concerned about the weather. 35 degrees at game time shouldn't be a problem for anyone. The Saints thrive on the short to intermediate pass, as well as the run. They shouldn't have any more problem than the Ravens in dealing with the conditions.

7. Re: Something to look forward to: The Saints!

The Ravens will compete as they have in every game and of course have a shot to win.

Playing this game at home will help as the Saints are a dome team and rely on speed. Not to mention that the Ravens have one of the best home field advantages in the league

Each week brings new challenges and match-ups. No reason to throw in the towel so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    The Ravens will compete as they have in every game and of course have a shot to win.

Playing this game at home will help as the Saints are a dome team and rely on speed. Not to mention that the Ravens have one of the best home field advantages in the league

Each week brings new challenges and match-ups. No reason to throw in the towel so soon.
    Actually, it is the type of field that is more of a concern with the Saints, not necessarily just playing outside. M&T Bank Stadium has the same Momentum 51 turf that the Saints have played on for several years. They did recently upgrade the turf, but it reacts the same way. The Saints have more trouble playing on natural grass, regardless of the other conditions.

I'm not very confident of a win here. The Saints seem to have re-gained their championship form and have been playing very well lately. That said, it's by no means hopeless and I think we'll be competitive. Beating the Saints could yield substantial benefits from a psychological standpoint as well as in the W-L column.

The Saints lost to the Browns.

They are playing well right now, but I do not think they will come to our stadium and win. It should be a great game, but nothing about the Saints tells me they are unbeatable.

Bring them on.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The Saints lost to the Browns.

They are playing well right now, but I do not think they will come to our stadium and win. It should be a great game, but nothing about the Saints tells me they are unbeatable.

Bring them on.
    The Saints can be beaten by one team. The Saints. All three of their losses were due to mistakes. 1) Two defensive TD's and a 68 yard fake punt by the Browns. 2) Three defensive TD's by Arizona (two fumble recoveries and a pick six). 3) Missed 29 yard field goal to win against Atlanta.

The Saints have all of their offensive and defensive weapons healthy now and are playing like they did last year. If they avoid the big mistakes like they have the past six weeks I really don't see them losing.

Vegas is looking forward...to the Ravens. 2.5 point favorites.