Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    And let it begin, There is an article on NBC sports where the players are pissed at Rex for his comments about their play after yesterday's game. Let the festivities in New jersey begin!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    Huh? You mean to tell me that when an undisciplined team starts to lose they begin to complain and bitch? Wow...like I am having a dejavu. Parents are parents...not friends....same goes for coaches

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Who Wants to Trade Harbaugh and Flacco for Rex and Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This isn't drinking the purple kool aid...Bisciotti is one of the most respected owners in the NFL.

Ok, it's one thing to doubt Cam or Harbaugh, even if I don't agree with that, I can see the basis of the argument...but now you're going to say that Bisciotti is running this organization into the ground? Because he picked Harbaugh over Rex? I can easily come up with 10 worse owner decisions made since then...Snyder hiring Zorn, Snyder signing Albert Haynesworth, the Bills hiring Chan Gailey, the Cowboys picking the Ravens as the game to close out Texas Stadium, Broncos hiring Josh McDaniels, Broncos trading Jay Cutler, Bud Adams flipping off his fans, Panthers choosing to let Delhomme go and leaving Fox on a lame duck contract...

You need to stop drinking whatever the opposite of purple kool aid is, because those arguments are just a little nuts.

Now you're not seeing straight and taking my statements out of context. I never said he
    was running the team into the ground, just sending plays in after
    claiming to be a hands off owner. He strongly implied in that interview he wanted
    someone easy so he could tell him what to do.

He was powered rank a top 5 owner, even ahead of Rooney by SI.

I'm glad we have him.

Rex kicks some butt even his team when they screw up and they are gonna
    make the POs for second year in a row. Shula did the same thing.
    That's what HARBs needs to do to this offense instead of kicking the fans butts that pay a lot of
    money to see the games.

We may not have lost those 4 games in the 4th qtr under Rex. I don't remember any teams going
    80 yds in 45 secs to win the game on his D.

Yea, nutty arguments like our big play-turnover ratio being a toxic -6 under HARBs and Matt.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries

i'm done arguing this (or at least trying to be done)...

did Harbaugh screw up by saying those things? Probably...I can see why he got a bit ruffled at the comment, but yeah, you shouldn't fly off the handle as a HC at fans. You should have an internal filter which just quietly dismisses it and deal with it on your own.

That said, it's not like Harbaugh has been beligerent with fans much during his tenure. This was the guy who did a victory lap at Gillette Stadium...He's been very nice when meeting Ravens fans at events and other functions.

All we have to show that he's becoming arrogant is the fan call in comment and the reaction to Drew Forrester a few weeks ago. In both cases, he clarified the comments later and (somewhat) apologized. Drew had no beef with Harbaugh after it.

After that, there's obviously some people who are supportive of Harbaugh's coaching, and some who aren't. Fact is, without a huge f-up to end the season, he probably won't be fired. He'll get one more year to sink or swim before Bisciotti goes to the pool to get a new guy, regardless of how he does in the playoffs. Next year, we'll see if he can get to a 4th straight playoff, or if he stumbles.

One last point (ha, yeah right, I'm sure this is far from my last point)...How do you KNOW Harbaugh ISN'T kicking butts in Owings Mills? What makes you think behind closed doors, he's just content with the way things are going and isn't pushing in practices for better execution? He got mad with a fan who called out a coach of his for something ridiculous...That doesn't mean he's sitting on an 8-4 record saying "Yup, I think we don't need to do ANYTHING differently"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Well, we do know there's a dog house in OM. No one doesn't know
    where it is but it's there.

Good point about one infraction vs the fans. Time to forgive but all
    the facts I mentioned like my nutty argument of HARBs having a
    losing record vs elite teams, blowing 4th qtr leads in last min of game 4 times
    and our big play-turnover ratio being a toxic -6, all points you didn't answer,
    are facts that dont make him a great coach.

I'm sure Bisciotti loves him to, especially if he puts his plays in.

Comparing Rex with the Jets to Harbaugh with the Ravens is like comparing apples to oranges- different organization, different players, different team chemistry. However think of what Rex's decisiveness and aggressive attitude would add to this current Ravens line up?