Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: That team down 95 South

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm referring more to the end of the game...Troy Smith runs to the 1 yard line, bringing up a 4th and goal at the 1.

Rather than try for a TD in a MEANINGLESS game since we were firmly out of the playoffs, Billick goes for the FG and plays for OT. True, we miss the FG in OT and on the Dolphins possession, Camarillo grabbed a 64 yard TD for the win...

But the situation was pretty similar. Redskins are playing for pride and draft pick right now, so going for the tie and OT versus going for 2 to get the win...I can see why they went for the XP, but with it raining and messy, 2 pt conversion probably had equal chance of converting.
    I still don't disagree with Billick's going for 1. the plan worked to perfection except for the missed 38 yard field goal. Different scenario in DC. Shannahan not playing for his job, if he wants to be there (probably a big if at this point, lol) he'll be there next year. Billick needed to win that game. Shame it ended on the leg of a kicker like it did.

I was watching the Skins Buc's game live when they missed that point after. Sitting all by myself in my living room I laughed out loud for at least a minute.

OMG. Just when you think they've got the tie that you worked so hard for completely sewn up, they screw up the extra point. Hahahahahahahahahah.

I am so glad we do not have Snyder as an owner, Shanahan as a coach and that long snapper and holder on our special teams.

Wink Re: That team down 95 South

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I still don't disagree with Billick's going for 1. the plan worked to perfection except for the missed 38 yard field goal. Different scenario in DC.

The Ravens had almost totally reliable Matt Stover available to win that game in OT. The Landover tam had Graham Gano, who had previously missed two FGs and came within a whisker of also missing the first PAT.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Shannahan not playing for his job, if he wants to be there (probably a big if at this point, lol) he'll be there next year.
    Probably .... but here's a clip from one of the rumor-trash sites about Snyder considering dumping Shanahan in favor of Jeff Fisher .... I mean Jon Gruden :

Given Redskins owner Dan Snyder’s propensity to hire and fire head coaches almost as often as he changes his clothes, it should come as no surprise that he is reportedly considering a coaching change at the end of the season, dumping Mike Shanahan after just one year.

There hasn’t been much to substantiate the rumor, but NBC’s Mike Florio (of Pro Football Talk fame) spoke at some length about the situation in Washington on Fox Sports radio today, and indicated that Snyder is reportedly interested in having former Tampa Bay head coach Jon Gruden come on board to run his team.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

So again...as bad as our troubles are, you could always be the Redskins...

How is that QB change working out for them? They are about 20 mins away from being TIED with Dallas.

EDIT - Me and my big mouth...Tied with 6:55 to go! Came back from being down 30-14.
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 12-19-2010 at 04:45 PM.