Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT... Brady vs. Peyton

I think this year proves that Brady is a better QB than Peyton. Tom has never had an incredible WR talent (except for Moss in 2007...recent Moss is now just only a 9 route option) and he still was/is awesome. And he doesn't throw picks. Peyton has always had cream of the crop talent with Harrison, Wayne, and Clark. This year with comparable WR talent to the Pats, notice how Peyton is throwing INTs. Also, compare Peyton vs. Brady in the playoff games when you play excellent teams. Brady takes that crown. And then the ultimate 3 to 1 in rings.

Re: OT... Brady vs. Peyton

I never thought it was all that close. Even though the Pats were cheating and Brady knew the dfensive audibles, he has the rings.

Manning should have lost here the only year he won 1, but his D and Billick's playcalling bailed him out.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Manning should have lost here the only year he won 1, but his D and Billick's playcalling bailed him out.
    along with a little help from McNair who tossed a pick killing a critical drive, I believe..
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I think the O-line play is extremely favorable for Brady and can not be over looked. Also, Marvin and Wayne would not have the careers they have without Peyton.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I think the O-line play is extremely favorable for Brady and can not be over looked.
    Truth. Brady is playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL. Manning has always made his O-line look better than it is with his quick release.

Peyton had Tarik Glenn and Ryan Diem @ OTs in the past and Jeff Saturday @ C all this time... That's was a big darn good OL. Until of recent the Indy OL has been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Peyton had Tarik Glenn and Ryan Diem @ OTs in the past and Jeff Saturday @ C all this time... That's was a big darn good OL. Until of recent the Indy OL has been solid.
    This. Both QBs have played under great OLs.

This year is a perfect storm for Manning. Almost everyone on his offense is hurt, and now he's pressing, trying to do everything on his own.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I never thought it was all that close. Even though the Pats were cheating and Brady knew the dfensive audibles, he has the rings.

I never thought it was close either, simplky in the other direction.

Manning has EASILY the worst supporting cast in football at the moment. Absolutely miserable OL and offensive weapons, with a terrible D.
    Brady has a more then solid line, two GREAT young TE's, WR's and backs that simply do their job. The passcatcehrs he has are simply that. They get open and catch the ball. That franchise also a HUGE leg up on the rest of the NFL coaching(cheating?) wise.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    This. Both QBs have played under great OLs.

This year is a perfect storm for Manning. Almost everyone on his offense is hurt, and now he's pressing, trying to do everything on his own.

- C -
    ding-ding-ding winner winner chicken dinner... He has no choice but to try and win every game by himself, and that's just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I never thought it was close either, simplky in the other direction.

Manning has EASILY the worst supporting cast in football at the moment. Absolutely miserable OL and offensive weapons, with a terrible D.
    Brady has a more then solid line, two GREAT young TE's, WR's and backs that simply do their job. The passcatcehrs he has are simply that. They get open and catch the ball. That franchise also a HUGE leg up on the rest of the NFL coaching(cheating?) wise.
    I disagree with your assesment of the surrounding talent. The Pats have also had to shuffle around the OL and weapons.

Is it that the rookie TEs taken in the 2nd and 4th round are so great, or is it Brady making the right reads and throws that make them look great?

I also do not think Peyton has to try to do too much, he just is. They at least go to OT vs the Pats if does not force the ball into coverage at the end. They easily beat Dallas if he does not repeatedly force the ball into coverage for 4 picks, 2 going to the house.

The talent level may not be as high as it was last year due to injury, but it is also clear that Manning is playing like crap. Flinching all night vs SD and just throwing it up for grabs like Brett Favre.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ding-ding-ding winner winner chicken dinner... He has no choice but to try and win every game by himself, and that's just not possible.
    Dude, we have agreed way too many times today. What's going on here?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Dude, we have agreed way too many times today. What's going on here?

- C -
    I'm really not sure... but I'll take it.