Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens Overpaid For McGahee

I love ozzie and trust him fully. He always find a gem somehow. Another good draft this year. and willis will be a upgrade with our now younger line. I just hope it dont take long for everyone to gel. O lineman in the first and maybe luke gertsy something the qb from arkon in the late rounds. I think he is a very smart kid. Could be a gem, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    It is the point and here is why.

Exactly Right and throw in the fact that we had to sit out in the first round of the 2004 draft, the total cost for Boller has been a crippling experience. So keeping with the threads theme of "over paying" those peddling oranges seem to be, well, wrong.

Apologies will be accepted through PM or reputation points....thank you very much John for paying attention.
    Did Todd Heap "cost" us a 1st round pick?

No.

Did Ray Lewis "cost" us a 1st round pick?

NO.

Jesush H. Christ.

The cost is what you pay.

We paid the Patriots a 2nd round pick. That's it. Period.

I swear, this is bordering on the ridiculous.

You are talkin about the results of the Boller pick as "cost".

Sure, the Boller pick was crappy (IMO) but doesn't change the facts of what we gave up to get the pick.

Im sure your PM box is gonna fill up quickly.

PP

Did Todd Heap "cost" us a 1st round pick?

No.

Did Ray Lewis "cost" us a 1st round pick?

NO.

Jesush H. Christ.
    WOW. Simply wow. What did we use dingle berries as payment to get these guys. No the NFL issues drafts picks, so that NFL teams can pick a player of value. Come to think of it dont they have a "value system". Ray lewis cost a 1st round pick. Todd Heap cost a 1st round pick. AND yes Boller cost a first round pick. To say they didnt is like trying to convince me the sky is red.

Lets look at this in the simpliest terms. A draft pick is worth something. Depending on the round its worth more, the 1st round being the highest, you know like a 100 dollar bill is worth more than say a 50 dollar bill or a fiver.

You can call me a douche bag, ridicoulous, trying to make this about me, etc etc but the fact is still the same and no matter how you try to spin it BOLLER COST US A 1st and 2nd.

I'll ask the question again that seemed to have been glossed over, would you do a trade like that again where you sit out the following season? Funny how that was avoided.

Sure, the Boller pick was crappy (IMO) but doesn't change the facts of what we gave up to get the pick.
    We both agree that he was a crappy pick. For a moment lets forget about that and Take that out. Forget who he is or who he represents. A first round pick was used to get him therefore a cost was incurred. Again forget the fact that we had a lemon on our hands, something of value was used (draft picks) to get something of value (boller). We also had sit out in 2004 1st round and give a 2nd rounder at the Pats. That means we paid for him with two draft picks. Which is what this thread is about. Two draft picks were used to get him, not one as some of you guys want to make it out.

Now considering the results of the players. You brought up Todd heap, we just used one pick for him. Did We overpaid for him compared to Boller? I'd ask you about Ray but that would be totally unfair.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Ok, if noone else will, I'll post on the subject at hand.... namely Mcgahee. If you use the "point system", we paid a whole lot less than was paid for Jones from chicago... I think tht Mcgahee will pan out to be a better trade. Therefore, Mcgahee seems like a good, solid trade!

Ok, if noone else will, I'll post on the subject at hand.... namely Mcgahee. If you use the "point system", we paid a whole lot less than was paid for Jones from chicago... I think that Mcgahee will pan out to be a better trade. Therefore, Mcgahee seems like a good, solid trade!

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Our roster has very little room for new players.
    Several of our picks our going to wind up on the practice squad or playing for cleveland.
    I thought Cleveland was our practice squad..?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

WOW. Simply wow. What did we use dingle berries as payment to get these guys. No the NFL issues drafts picks, so that NFL teams can pick a player of value. Come to think of it dont they have a "value system". Ray lewis cost a 1st round pick. Todd Heap cost a 1st round pick. AND yes Boller cost a first round pick. To say they didnt is like trying to convince me the sky is red.

Lets look at this in the simpliest terms. A draft pick is worth something. Depending on the round its worth more, the 1st round being the highest, you know like a 100 dollar bill is worth more than say a 50 dollar bill or a fiver.

You can call me a douche bag, ridicoulous, trying to make this about me, etc etc but the fact is still the same and no matter how you try to spin it BOLLER COST US A 1st and 2nd.

I'll ask the question again that seemed to have been glossed over, would you do a trade like that again where you sit out the following season? Funny how that was avoided.

We both agree that he was a crappy pick. For a moment lets forget about that and Take that out. Forget who he is or who he represents. A first round pick was used to get him therefore a cost was incurred. Again forget the fact that we had a lemon on our hands, something of value was used (draft picks) to get something of value (boller). We also had sit out in 2004 1st round and give a 2nd rounder at the Pats. That means we paid for him with two draft picks. Which is what this thread is about. Two draft picks were used to get him, not one as some of you guys want to make it out.

Now considering the results of the players. You brought up Todd heap, we just used one pick for him. Did We overpaid for him compared to Boller? I'd ask you about Ray but that would be totally unfair.

LOL.

OK dude. If something is given to you (i.e. a pick in each round) you don't pay for it.

The Ravens decided they wanted Boller. So they paid the Patriots a 2nd round pick and swapped 1st rounders. The net loss, in picks, was ONE. In fact, since the Ravens made the playoffs in 2003, the pick they used for Boller was higher than the pick NE got from us in the 2004 draft.

You can never "overpay" for a player picked with a pick that's been issued by the NFL because nothing was given up.

We didn't "overpay" for Patrick Johnson. He was just a bust pick. But we didn't give anything up to get him. We simply used the pick issued to us by the NFL to take him.

McGahee "cost" us 3 picks.

Boller "cost" us 1 pick.

Again, it's very simple.

You may say that Heap "cost" us a 1st rounder. Or Ray. Or JO.

You are the ONLY person I've ever heard say that.

If Boller truly "cost" us a 1st and 2nd rounder, then NE would've had our 04 and 05 1st rounders along with the 03 second rounder. With us getting their 03 first rounder, the above scenario would be a loss of 2 draft picks.

PP

OK dude. If something is given to you (i.e. a pick in each round) you don't pay for it.
    Given? you earn that pick by being the worst. The NFL in the sprit of parity give up high draft picks to the worst teams and low ones to the best team. How you spend your draft pick is up to the indivual teams. Saying you dont pay for a pick and that it was given to a team is a slap in the face to the fans who had to endure a shitty season. The fans look forward to that pick in terms of hope. Centainly its worth a lot to the city and team.

PP the people who put the web vote on the home page and inside this thread think the ravens gave up a 1st and 2nd. Look on the front page and look at the very first post. I'm not the only one.

BTW You Still havent answered my question.....
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Given? you earn that pick by being the worst. The NFL in the sprit of parity give up high draft picks to the worst teams and low ones to the best team. How you spend your draft pick is up to the indivual teams. Saying you dont pay for a pick and that it was given to a team is a slap in the face to the fans who had to endure a shitty season. The fans look forward to that pick in terms of hope. Centainly its worth a lot to the city and team.

PP the people who put the web vote on the home page and inside this thread think the ravens gave up a 1st and 2nd. Look on the front page and look at the very first post. I'm not the only one.

BTW You Still havent answered my question.....
    Good lord.

We traded a 1st and and 2nd for a 1st.

The 1st rounder turned out to be Boller.

The net loss in the trade was a 2nd round pick. That is FACT. I repeat, A FACT.

You're BS about a slap in the face to the fans is so completely not relavent it's hilarious.

As I stated before, the Ravens actually had a better pick at 19 than they would've in 2004 because we went 10-6 and made the playoffs in 2003.

What question? About Heap.

We took Heap with the last pick of the 1st round or something? Great pick. It has nothing to do with the topic of the Boller trade.

Really, this is pointless now.

Anyone who knows what they are talking about knows that Boller cost us a 2nd round pick. It's what the team LOST in order to aquire him.

You're tangents about him being a bad pick are just that. Tangents.

If we truly traded a 1st and a second for Boller, than we would have lost 2 draft picks. But we didn't, we lost one. And that was the 2nd rounder in 2003.

I could really care less what the person posted in a web poll. It's stated incorrectly.

If I went on what everyone else on these boards think, we'd of traded Ray, cut Cmac, let Boller play instead of getting McNair, and fired Billick.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 04-02-2007 at 10:54 PM.

If I went on what everyone else on these boards think, we'd of traded Ray, cut Cmac, let Boller play instead of getting McNair, and fired Billick.
    lol true but you said you never heard that before. Thats all I was pointing out with that.

You're tangents about him being a bad pick are just that. Tangents.
    I've actually ask for you to forget about the indivual so I dont get what your talking about here. Boller as a person or player has nothing to do with the what it took to get him. it took a 1st and 2nd.

we could go in circles for days here. the fact is Boller = 1draft pick we traded a second our second round...thats two picks. Ray lewis, heap JO....one pick. Get it. its an easy concept. that 2nd round bs is just lip service to prepare the masses for sitting out the following year, some how it still stuck in the back of a few stubborn little heads. If you cant get the math you will never get it. Truth is I wont let up either.

What question? About Heap.
    Yea right, I Can't believe i have to repeat this a third time, You wish that was the question but no its not about heap.

If we just lost a second round pick, would you make such a move again in the future? According to you Its just a second round pick. right?

We took Heap what 30 or something? Great pick. It has nothing to do with the topic of the Boller trade.

Somehow, in your thick head, it does.
    You were the one who said we didnt spend a 1st round reon Heap, ray and JO. Not me. Dont pin that on me.

You were the one who said we didnt spend a 1st round reon Heap, ray and JO. Not me. Dont pin that on me.
    Sigh.

It's obvious that neither of us are going to relent.

Im done with this.

What's done is done. We're stuck with Boller for one more year and then hopefully we won't have to talk about him anymore.

PP

What's done is done. We're stuck with Boller for one more year and then hopefully we won't have to talk about him anymore.
    Well we can only hope for improvement from him, even though we had two waste two picks on him. Maybe he'll turn the corner.