Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The blind leading the blind side!

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I am just asking because I don't know the answer, but any accountability for Joe or Cam on that play? How is Oher supposed to block two people?
    He didn't have to. He was doubling a guy with Grubbs.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Oher did not have a bad game. He just did not dominate Harrison the way Gaither did.

The sack fumble was not his fault. Flacco needed to see the all out blitz and always be aware of where Troy is, and change the play or the protection.

Oher played a lot better than the steeler tackles did.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Oher played a lot better than the steeler tackles did.
    woohoo... they are hot garbage so that says exactly nothing.

Hr BETTER play better then those bums. Thosre bums wouldn't even be playing if not for injury.

Oher's fine. He's not a brick wall like Ogden was, but he's not a self absoved injured head case like Gaither, either. He's probably better than most LT's, almost all of whom will not shine against the sack machine that is the Steeler defense.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    woohoo... they are hot garbage so that says exactly nothing.

Hr BETTER play better then those bums. Thosre bums wouldn't even be playing if not for injury.
    Oher would not be playing LT if not for injury either. It is what it is. Elite LTs do not grow on trees. That is why they tend to go in the top 10 of the draft even though half of them end up playing Rt or G eventually anyway.

Blog Entries

HARBs moved Oher over before Gaither's back injury. He moved him over
    in mini camp.

Gaither reported light after losing weight w/o telling the team. HARBs moved
    him over immediately.

Then he moved Yanda over and rumor has it he is keeping Yanda at RT and
    Oher at LT.

They are making a statement with Gaither.

It's one of HARBs worse mistakes.

We said this was gonna happen. Film Study wrote that Oher doesn't have the
    arm length to play LT. The avg for the AFC all pro team was 34". Ryan Clady
    has 36" arms. Jake Long has 34" arms. Gaither has 36" arm plus the wing span for LT.
    Oher has 33" arms. He wrestles his opponents and got thrown on his arse last week
    when he was stood up on a running play and wrestled and his man threw him on
    his butt and he twisted his knee as he went down.

Oher's a natural RT and will do well back there but watch. Next
    year HARBs will leave Yanda and Oher out of position.

Yanda has said many times this year that he doesn't want to go back to guard...so we may face a dilemma here next season...

You forgot the "potentially permanent" comment by Harbs in the presser after the first dat of minicamps... in which Gaither was not light yet... not until Training camp was he light.
    They switched off some in TC, but it was too late the message was sent in Minicamps... Oher was the LT, no matter who plays better where.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yanda has said many times this year that he doesn't want to go back to guard...so we may face a dilemma here next season...
    He will probably get tackle money elsewhere. Along with Gaither.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Maybe they should switch Oher and Yanda. Oher is the better talent but Yanda doesn't make the mental mistakes Oher does.

I am semi kidding but also wonder if it might work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Maybe Ms Leah Anne Tuohy needs to show up at the Castle and show Michael what it means to protect his QB. He is god awful. The wizard of Oz f'd this up!
    No he didnt. Harbs f'd it up when he put Gaither in his dog house for not showing up to VOLUNTARY OTA's when he was NOT under contract.

Oher was drafted to be a RT. I dont know how much control Ozzie has over player's position but I do know that Harbs has plenty. And it was his decision to "punish" Gaither by moving him to RT in the offseason.

Harbaugh needs to kill the ego and Ozzie and co need to make him make things right with Gaither. People shrugged it off last year but the Ravens were 7-3 with Gaither at LT last season and they were 2-4 without him. Clearly his impact is not minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    No he didnt. Harbs f'd it up when he put Gaither in his dog house for not showing up to VOLUNTARY OTA's when he was NOT under contract.

Oher was drafted to be a RT. I dont know how much control Ozzie has over player's position but I do know that Harbs has plenty. And it was his decision to "punish" Gaither by moving him to RT in the offseason.

Harbaugh needs to kill the ego and Ozzie and co need to make him make things right with Gaither. People shrugged it off last year but the Ravens were 7-3 with Gaither at LT last season and they were 2-4 without him. Clearly his impact is not minimal.
    I think an even more dirct impact in the stats is the ppg and avg ypc for the RBs. Last year we were getting 26 ppg and the backs 5 ypc. I think we all expected that to go up with the additions at WR, but when you reshuffle the OL all bets are off.