Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Means No

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I hope all of you who join in this lame schoolyard prank remember to give it up by the time the game starts and make noise on defense. If you can't make the pregame activities, how about try it a halftime, when most fans will be in the concourses and the TV cameras will be in the studios.
    I imagine most fans will have enough energy to call out Ben and be loud on defense.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: No Means No

HR,

I really don't get your beef. Your not making any sense really. You think it's classless to chant at some guy who forces himself on mulitple women "NO means NO"? I don't get that at all?

Houston, I guess you'll never make it as a producer with NBC. I watched the replay today and I heard the chant at least three times loud and clear. As far as you saying that NBC will drown out the crowd noise over the commentator's, you are dead wrong son.
    Lovin me some section 543

Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84 View Post
    Houston, I guess you'll never make it as a producer with NBC. I watched the replay today and I heard the chant at least three times loud and clear. As far as you saying that NBC will drown out the crowd noise over the commentator's, you are dead wrong son.
    One thing that we have learned about Houston is that he has a matter of fact opinion on everything. We also have learned that is mostly wrong. If only all of us could be so smart!

Who cares?

We lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenjohn2000 View Post
    One thing that we have learned about Houston is that he has a matter of fact opinion on everything. We also have learned that is mostly wrong. If only all of us could be so smart!
    He only makes himself look like an ass.
    Lovin me some section 543

I particularly enjoyed hearing this chant as Heath Miller lay motionless on the field after an illegal hit knocked him out cold. You stay classy, Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSko View Post
    I particularly enjoyed hearing this chant as Heath Miller lay motionless on the field after an illegal hit knocked him out cold. You stay classy, Baltimore.
    Although the no-means-no chants were juvenile and inappropriate, there was no connections between the children chanting and the injury to Miller.

I also recall seeing a bunch of Steelers fans yucking it up when McGahee lay motionless on the Heinz Field turf during the AFC Championship game after the cheap shot by Ryan Clark. Classy in-breds, too, right?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Although the no-means-no chants were juvenile and inappropriate, there was no connections between the children chanting and the injury to Miller.

I also recall seeing a bunch of Steelers fans yucking it up when McGahee lay motionless on the Heinz Field turf during the AFC Championship game after the cheap shot by Ryan Clark. Classy in-breds, too, right?
    A coordinated chant with tens of thousands of people does not equal "a bunch" of fans yucking(what does that even mean?) it up.

Perhaps if, when a Raven is hurt, thousands of Steelers fans chant "Yield to pedestrians" or "Ray-ray stabbed them" then you would have a point.

I remember there was a furor over the Steelers PA guy playing "party music" while McGahee was hurt. Many Ravens fans called into question the character of Steelers fans and even some players because of the song choice of some minimum wage disc jockey.

Perhaps the chants had nothing to do with Miller's injury, but as a fan, when you see a player get knocked out cold with an extremely serious hit/injury, and you continue with a rape-joke chant, you define classless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84

He only makes himself look like an ass.
    No reason to get nasty.

I have not watched the replay all the way through yet so I'd love to know when during the broadcast it made it over the air.

But yes, it would appear I was indeed wrong. Although it was not the full 70,000+, a good portion did manage the get chant going ... as another player lay motionless on the ground with a serious concussion. Kudos. Job well done.

And again right before the National Anthem. Well done. Why pay respect to our nation when you can engage in low class chants?!?!

Some people really need to let loose a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No reason to get nasty.

I have not watched the replay all the way through yet so I'd love to know when during the broadcast it made it over the air.

But yes, it would appear I was indeed wrong. Although it was not the full 70,000+, a good portion did manage the get chant going ... as another player lay motionless on the ground with a serious concussion. Kudos. Job well done.

And again right before the National Anthem. Well done. Why pay respect to our nation when you can engage in low class chants?!?!
    It's good to see that some Ravens fans have some class and tact.

Though it's not surprising to see the morons far outnumber the classy ones, which is pretty much how every fan base is I guess.

I don't think the chant was a particularly bad thing to do. I probably would have done it were I not a fan of the Steelers. But, c'mon, you have to know when it's inappropriate to chant rape-jokes, and when Heath was out cold was one of those times.