Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens promoting "Purple Out"

Quote Originally Posted by RoflDogs View Post
    I agree. It would look sick looking at the stands with a bunch of these

No way in hell would they give out any sort of stick type item like those "thunder sticks" at hockey and baseball games. You can't even keep a plastic bottle cap when you buy a Snapple in that place.

So if people are against towels you then have flags or those Baltimore Sun things they give out to 1 section and maybe put like defense on one side and ravens on the other.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    To much like waving the white flag. We don't want to convey that either.

We have to come up with something. Whoever gets that million $$ idea for the stands and makes it stick will be a local hero.
    As Ameilia said on the 98Rock morning show this morning, no white, it would look like a stadium full of french people...

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

We are setting ourselves up (again) to look silly in prime time.

Whomever is responsible for this idea needs to be brought to mid field before the kickoff and pelted with rocks until dead.

They Should hand these out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

ANYTHING that can be used to drown out those piss rags, I am for.

They gave out towels last year and many hard-core fans complained about the idea. However, it worked last year - AND it will work this year.

Puck Fittsburgh!!!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dumb, dumb, dumb.

We are setting ourselves up (again) to look silly in prime time.

Whomever is responsible for this idea needs to be brought to mid field before the kickoff and pelted with rocks until dead.
    I don't like the idea, but why do you think it makes us look silly?

Maybe silly is the wrong word. It's a weak idea. The only thing that needs to be promoted is the product on the field. Good old fashioned smash-mouth football. Don't sully it with competitive towel waving.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I don't like the idea, but why do you think it makes us look silly?
    Millions of folks all over the nation see us doing the exact same thing our most heated rival does for their homes games.

Millions of folks all over the nation see us doing the exact same thing our most heated rival does for their homes games.
    Yeah, Steelers are the only team to wave towels and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I am not in favor of that. They pretty much own the wipe waving thing. We need something original.

I think it is meant as a slam to the yellow wavers, not as something we want to start as our own tradition.

I got an idea...purple fannie packs!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

First of all I would bet that somewhere around 98% of those millions could care less about towels being shown for the couple of minutes they might be on the t.v..

Out of the remaining small percentage that care about damn towels at all, I would bet that the majority of those would find it amusing that you can't notice the steeler towels because of the Ravens towels vs. the percentage that would somehow find it atrocious that Baltimore would have towels also.

Who cares if we "copy" their towel waving idiocracy. Fuck them and their stupid towels. You can bet they will bring their yellow towels in so if I can negate any effect or joy their towels bring their backwoods asses, I'm down. They can accuse me of "copying" them and I would be more than happy to say, you're absolutely right.

I promise you that, since they put so much religion into their towels, there is nothing more demoralizing to their towel spirit than me waving a similar but still different towel that now makes their towel insignificant.

To me, that effect is well worth any insignificant individual in my life accusing me of "copying" something that was certainly done long before any Terrible Towel somehow became the exclusive right of a Steelers fan.