My proposed rule change

I am so sick of players asking for flags and getting them. The hold called on Boldin was very ticky-tack, but the official didn't see any reason to throw a flag until the tampa defender asked for one.

For now on if a player asks an official for a flag when one hasn't been thrown the player should be flagged for delay of game. If the officials don't see a foul then they certainly shouldn't take a players word for it.

Re: My proposed rule change

I like it.

Of course Brady would instantly become the most flagged person in the league, which I'm quite alright with.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

there was supposed to be a rule put into effect this season about players begging for flags being an unsportmanlike penalty or delay of game or something like that but i dont recall it being called except for I think on Mason in the preseason

If this rule doesn't exist, then it should. If it does, then it should be enforced.

This is like in soccer, where after every significant foul all the players run up to the ref and start jawing at him. Those two cases are blatant examples of unsportsmanlike conduct and set a terrible example for our kids

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    If this rule doesn't exist, then it should. If it does, then it should be enforced.

This is like in soccer, where after every significant foul all the players run up to the ref and start jawing at him. Those two cases are blatant examples of unsportsmanlike conduct and set a terrible example for our kids
    Wasn't there supposed to be a yellow card for players who made the "yellow card" gesture to the ref? I remember that being proposed in the past 2-3 years, but don't remember anyone ever getting called for it, which makes me think the rule was never actually put into place.

But I agree -- if the NFL can ban end zone celebrations, it can ban screaming at the ref and making a "throw a flag" gesture. I'd be all for it. And yeah, that *!$%@* Brady would be Offender #1. Though somehow I imagine the refs would always manage to "look the other way" when he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Of course Brady would instantly become the most flagged person in the league, which I'm quite alright with.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis