Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Good game, Ravens fans...

Well, Ravens came out on top today. Felt like we were in it until Grimm went down. I know... excuses, whatever... but you'd have to be a Bucs fan to truly understand just how bad Sabby Piscatelli is. Immediately after Grimm went down, Heap had the 65 yd TD... whose assignment was that? You guessed it... Sabby. Also think you guys got kind of a ticky tacky PI call (and you know it)... but whatever... I'm not one to blame refs, and we certainly had our chances to crawl back into it.

Anyway... Good game today folks. You were the better team, and we proved we weren't quite ready for the big boys just yet. We get another chance to prove it against the Falcons next week, so wish us luck. Good luck to you and the rest of your season. Was fun chatting with you guys this week! Take care! Bicep out!

Re: Good game, Ravens fans...

Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye!
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

The PI was ticky tack for sure, but the blown holding call on the long screen TD and subsequent missed PI there were egregious. Ravens should have been up multiple scores. Bucs have a nice core, but have some growing up to do yet.

Blog Entries

I don't think Grimm was the only reason we won that game. Yeah, we had a ticky tack PI call, but the refs made it up to you with that ticky tack block in the back which took off a TD...also with the NON-CALL on the Ruud PI....
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

And the refs didnt blow any calls that favored the Bucs? I guess that phantom holding call on Boldin that the ref gave you because your boy was crying wasnt a break for the Bucs. Cry all you want about the penalty earlier, it didnt add or take points off the board. The Bucs still had a shot to stop the Ravens and they failed.

Its not half as bad as having a TD wiped away because the opposing teams player cried to the ref when he wasnt even touched.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsNBiceps View Post
    Well, Ravens came out on top today. Felt like we were in it until Grimm went down. I know... excuses, whatever... but you'd have to be a Bucs fan to truly understand just how bad Sabby Piscatelli is. Immediately after Grimm went down, Heap had the 65 yd TD... whose assignment was that? You guessed it... Sabby. Also think you guys got kind of a ticky tacky PI call (and you know it)... but whatever... I'm not one to blame refs, and we certainly had our chances to crawl back into it.

Anyway... Good game today folks. You were the better team, and we proved we weren't quite ready for the big boys just yet. We get another chance to prove it against the Falcons next week, so wish us luck. Good luck to you and the rest of your season. Was fun chatting with you guys this week! Take care! Bicep out!

I don't wanna be friends. You knew from who you beat and who you didn't beat that you weren't ready for Baltimore. TAKE YO SH*T BACK TO TAMPA B*TCHES!

Agree with everyone else.

Get the fuck off our board and don't come back.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

8. Re: Good game, Ravens fans...

Actually came back to say one thing- This was a poorly officiated game all around. Refs missed calls on us, and missed calls on you. There's no telling if that Rice screen play would have even happened had events played out differently earlier in the game.

Didn't mean to make it sound like an excuse that the refs blew it for us, because they certainly didn't. And you're right... Ruud got away with one, and Boldin never held the defender.

Anyway... glad to see some of you keep it classy

Good luck the rest of the way, Ravens fans.

9. Re: Good game, Ravens fans...

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Agree with everyone else.

Get the fuck off our board and don't come back.
    Wow classy Ravens fan huh? Good tough game for you guys, we weren't able to come to Baltimore and get the W this time. I wasn't able to watch the game due to work but I saw the highlights. I didn't like that ref call on PI, you'll see things like that in the league not being called and be called so you can't always win on everything. I liked that reaction from coach Rah Rah though. Tampa Bay was able to shut down Baltimore I suppose during the 2nd half? Their last score was like 37 sec before half-time, though we only had 3 points at that time so I guess you guys was taking it easy? Gerald McCoy had two sacks totalling it to 3, Sapp had 3 on his first rookie yeah so he's right on track towards the Hall of Fame lol(McCoy still has 5 games left). Anyways I'll be excited for us to meet again though we'll be a whole different team and for me I'll enjoy a nice serving of a Raven (crow).
    Last edited by PassDaBlount; 11-29-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Buccaneers All-Time Record Against Ravens 2-2

"When a King acts like a King, it's not far long before someone else is King."

Blog Entries

The only reason we were shut out in the 2nd half was blown calls, IMO...

The call of illegal block above the waist on the Rice TD was just as ticky tack as the PI call you are complaining about. Boldin barely touched the guy, he didn't even get turned around, but they call a hold on Boldin.

Then you had Ruud draped over Heap on an incompletion, should've been PI, wasn't called. We had a very similar call go against us in the Atalanta game, where Gooden was draped on Gonzalez and got called for PI.

And despite some questions either way, I still think they bungled up that INT review. Unless there was some feed showing in the booth which had IRREFUTABLE evidence that Redding dropped the ball or failed to maintain it as he was going down, that call should've stood. The key is that the call on the field was an INTERCEPTION. I'll give you that if the on field call was incomplete, a review would'nt have changed it because there was inconclusive evidence either way. But on a review, you need CLEAR evidence to overturn.

But again, whatever. We were up two scores, so we did like the Carolina game...we got lazy, didn't really put too much effort into running up the score. Plus we had some key cogs in our blocking game out with McClain and Oher, so we had to mix it up a little more than we would've liked. Only thing that matters at the end was the scoreboard.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Agree the PI call on TB was horrible. But the Ravens know better than anyone, being a defense-first team, how idiotic the NFL makes calls in favor of the offense, particularly PI. And Housh draws PI like a master. Don't know how or why. Credit to our coaching staff for drastically reducing the DPI calls against us this year.

Other than that, you lost Grimm... we lost Michael Oher, which limited our options in the passing game, and McClain which limited our options in the running game. Now, I do love Grimm, one of my favorite all time Hokies, but the guy didn't even play safety in college, so I can't imagine he's already the linchpin of the Bucs defense.

80 yard TD called back on a horrible "holding" call on Boldin. Ridiculous reversal on the Redding INT that was so "indisputable" it only took the refs 10 minutes of examining every frame of the video under an electron microscope to make the call.

Fact is, the Bucs couldn't run or pass on the Ravens D. And the Ravens moved the ball very well (200 passing yards in the 1H alone) during the competitive phase of the game. To me it looked like there was a very large and very obvious gap in quality between the two teams, pretty much everywhere on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The only reason we were shut out in the 2nd half was blown calls, IMO...

The call of illegal block above the waist on the Rice TD was just as ticky tack as the PI call you are complaining about. Boldin barely touched the guy, he didn't even get turned around, but they call a hold on Boldin.

Then you had Ruud draped over Heap on an incompletion, should've been PI, wasn't called. We had a very similar call go against us in the Atalanta game, where Gooden was draped on Gonzalez and got called for PI.

And despite some questions either way, I still think they bungled up that INT review. Unless there was some feed showing in the booth which had IRREFUTABLE evidence that Redding dropped the ball or failed to maintain it as he was going down, that call should've stood. The key is that the call on the field was an INTERCEPTION. I'll give you that if the on field call was incomplete, a review would'nt have changed it because there was inconclusive evidence either way. But on a review, you need CLEAR evidence to overturn.

But again, whatever. We were up two scores, so we did like the Carolina game...we got lazy, didn't really put too much effort into running up the score. Plus we had some key cogs in our blocking game out with McClain and Oher, so we had to mix it up a little more than we would've liked. Only thing that matters at the end was the scoreboard.
    Does it concern anyone else that the Ravens had their best success running the ball at the end of the game without those two? I mean we've had some success at times but the run game has never looked as dominant as it did on that last drive all season. Maybe their was a sense of urgency being down two good players, maybe Tampa's DL just isnt that good, whatever it is they better be able to duplicate it.